Certification is an important step in career development and recognizes qualified and competent individuals. Here are the top ten reasons why project management practitioners become PMI-certified.
1. PMI credentials show your commitment to the project management profession. When you earn a PMI credential, you show peers, supervisors and clients your commitment to the profession, PMI's code of ethics and your ability to perform the functions of a project management practitioner to a certain level.
2. PMI credentials recognize your knowledge, skills and abilities. PMI serves as an unbiased endorsement of your project management knowledge and professional experience on a global level.
3. PMI credentials reflect achievement. Our credentials show that you have demonstrated excellence in the field by meeting standard requirements established by global project management practitioners.
4. PMI credentials can lead to greater earnings. Many credential holders experience salary increases because of their certification status.
5. PMI credentials can lead to career opportunities and advancement. Our family of credentials identifies you as a practitioner who has demonstrated competency in project management processes or in knowledge and experience in specialty areas of practice based on industry standards.
6. PMI credentials prepare you for greater job responsibilities. Our credentials indicate your willingness to invest in professional development. This enables credential holders an awareness of changing processes and terminology in the field.
7. PMI credentials improve skills and knowledge. Preparation for a PMI credential requires study and review of current project management processes. Earning a credential highlights your knowledge and competence and proficiency in your practice.
8. PMI credentials build self confidence. With a PMI credential, you define yourself beyond a job title while gaining a sense of personal satisfaction.
9. PMI credentials allow for greater recognition from peers. PMI credential holders gain increased recognition from their peers for taking the extra step in professional development.
10. PMI credentials enhance the profession. PMI's certification program promotes practitioners and supports ongoing professional development.
Complete the "Get More Information" form on the right side of this page or email an experienced Education Consultant for more information about PMI certifications at NetCom.