Implementing the Cisco Nexus 1000V v1.1 - DCNX1K
In this course, you will learn the key components and procedures needed to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch. You will also gain an understanding of realistic day-to-day operations of these products.
Through hands-on labs, you'll learn how to configure and troubleshoot key features and modules of the Cisco NX-OS software and Cisco Nexus 1000V platform. You will leave this course with a complete, comprehensive approach to the design and implementation of today's data center.
- » Systems and field engineers who install and implement the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch
- » Network, systems, consulting systems engineers, and server administrators
Back to Top
- » Position the VMware networking solution
- » Position the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch in the VMware infrastructure
- » Install the Virtual Supervisor and Virtual Ethernet Modules
- » Establish a software virtual switch (SVS) connection to the vCenter Server
- » Configure the key features of the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch
- » How Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch features are used in the data center virtual infrastructure design
- » Which management features should be implemented on the Cisco Nexus 1000V
- » Troubleshoot the Cisco Nexus 1000V
- » Troubleshoot key features
Back to Top
- VMware Networking
- Virtual Infrastructure
- Networking in the VMware Infrastructure
- Configuring VMware Switching
- 2. Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch Installation
- Virtual Services Appliance
- Virtual Service Blades
- Installing the Virtual Supervisor Module (VSM)
- Installing the Virtual Ethernet Module (VEM)
- 3. Cisco Nexus 1000V Feature Configuration
- Configuring Port Profiles
- Configuring Security Features
- Configuring Quality of Service
- 4. Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch Management
- Configuring Management Features
- Configuring System Management Features
- 5. Troubleshooting the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch
- Basic Tools
- Troubleshooting Modules
- Troubleshooting Ports and Port Profiles
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top