Configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches v2.0 - DCMDS(Associate)
In this course, you will learn how to install, configure, and manage the Cisco MDS 9000 Series switch platform in a scalable, highly available environment.
You will learn about the features on each of the MDS 9000 Series product family of switches including the 9100, 9200, 9500, and 9700 models and the Fibre Channel, Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), and service modules supported. You will learn about SAN configuration for features such as interface configuration, Cisco N-Port Virtualizer (NPV), N-Port ID Virtualization (NPIV), virtual SAN (VSAN) and domain setup, SAN zoning, and SAN extension using FCIP and Inter-VSAN Routing (IVR). Topics introduced also include centralized SAN services using the Cisco MDS 9222i Multiservice Modular Switch and Cisco MDS 9250i Multiservice Fabric Switch for Cisco I/O Acceleration (IOA) and Cisco Data Mobility Manager (DMM), management security and role-based access control (RBAC) topics.
- » Data center engineers, data center administrators, and system engineers
- » Data center managers, network engineers, and consulting system engineers
Back to Top
- » Components of the MDS 9000 Series switch platform, Cisco NX-OS, and the features of Cisco Prime DCNM
- » Initial software configuration of a Cisco MDS 9000 Series switch, including upgrading the system software and enabling licensing
- » Configurations involved in building a Cisco Fibre Channel SAN fabric including interfaces, VSANs, domains, port channels, device aliases, NPV, NPIV, and zones
- » Configure intelligent SAN fabric services on specific Cisco MDS 9000 Series switches and the software resources that are provided
- » FCoE protocol and the use of FCoE modules on the Cisco MDS 9500 Series Multilayer Director and Cisco MDS 9700 Series Multilayer Director as a Fibre Channel forwarder in a single-hop and multihop design
- » Configuring security features on Cisco MDS 9000 Series switches to prevent unauthorized access, intrusion, and data theft, and to preserve data integrity in an enterprise SAN environment
- » Basic FCIP configuration, high availability implementation, and achieving a fault tolerant SAN extension using the IVR feature
Back to Top
- 1. Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switch Platform
- Introducing Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches
- Implementing Integrated Management
- 2. System Installation and Initial Configuration
- Performing the Initial Switch Configuration
- Installing and Licensing Cisco NX-OS Software
- 3. Building a SAN Fabric
- Using FLOGI and FCNS Databases
- Configuring Interfaces
- Configuring Port Channels
- Configuring Cisco NPV and NPIV
- Configuring VSANs
- Managing Domains
- Configuring Distributed Device Aliases
- Implementing Zoning
- 4. Intelligent SAN Fabric Services
- Implementing Cisco MDS Data Mobility Manager
- Monitoring Traffic Flow
- 5. FCoE Implementation
- Describing FCoE
- Configuring FCoE on Cisco MDS 9500 and 9700 Series Multilayer Directors
- 6. Security Implementation
- Improving Management Security
- Configuring AAA Services
- Implementing Port Security and Fabric Binding
- Configuring FC-SP
- Implementing Link Encryption
- 7. FCIP Implementation
- Creating an FCIP Tunnel
- Configuring FCIP High Availability
- Implementing IVR for SAN Extension
- Tuning FCIP Performance
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top