Oracle Solaris 11 System Administration for Experienced UNIX/Linux Administrators
The Oracle Solaris 11 System Administration for Experienced UNIX/Linux Administrators course is for skilled AIX/Linux/HP-UX administrators who need to make informed decisions as they adopt, deploy, and administer Oracle Solaris 11 in their data centers. The course is extensively built around a hands-on experience, meant to impart application-level skills and knowledge to successfully administer Oracle Solaris 11.
- » Systems Architects
- » Data Center Manager
- » System Administrator
- » System Integrator
Back to Top
- » Administer system software using IPS
- » Administer services using SMF
- » Configure the network
- » Administer ZFS
- » Configure user accounts
- » Install Oracle Solaris 11
- » Configure Oracle Solaris Zones
- » Monitor system resources using observability tools
Back to Top
- Administering System Software Using IPS
- Explain the various platforms Oracle Solaris supports
- Explain the role of IPS in administering system software
- Use IPS to Update the Oracle Solaris 11 operating system
- Upgrade Oracle Solaris 11 to Oracle Solaris 11.1 using IPS
- Configure a local IPS package repository
- Configure network client access to the local IPS server
- Administer software packages using CLI and Package Manager
- Administer boot environments
- Administering Services Using SMF
- Explain the role of SMF in administering services
- Configure SMF services
- Administer SMF services
- Control SMF services
- Troubleshoot SMF services
- Administering ZFS
- Explain the role of ZFS in data management
- Administer ZFS storage pools
- Administer ZFS file systems
- Manage data redundancy with mirrored storage pools
- Administer ZFS snapshots and clones
- Secure ZFS file systems
- Troubleshoot ZFS failures
- Configuring the Network
- Explain the fundamentals of networking in Oracle Solaris 11
- Configure a network interface
- Implement network virtualization
- Configure network high availability
- Implement resource management
- Secure the network
- Administering User Accounts
- Configure user accounts
- Manage user initialization files
- Configure user disk quotas using the ZFS quota property
- Administer Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Configuring Oracle Solaris Zones
- Explain the fundamentals of Oracle Solaris Zones
- Configure an Oracle Solaris Zone
- Determine an Oracle Solaris Zone configuration
- Administer an Oracle Solaris Zone
- Manage system resources in a zone
- Manage the scheduling class of zones
- Secure Oracle Solaris Zones
- Installing the Oracle Solaris 11 Operating System
- Identify the key requirements and guidelines for installing Oracle Solaris 11
- Install Oracle Solaris 11 using the Live Media and Text Installer
- Install the Oracle Solaris 11 operating system on multiple hosts using the Automated Installer
- Verify the operating system installation
- Monitoring System Resources
- Describe the role of the various observability tools in monitoring system resources
- Explain the importance of mdb and DTrace in debugging system issues
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Masters Degree in Operations Research & Applied Mathematics from Columbia University along with several IT certifications.
- IT Professional for over 30 years and Software Trainer since 1997.
- Engineer and developer for top Wall Street financial firms such as JP Morgan Chase.
Arthur has been an IT professional for over 30 years. After receiving his Bachelors in Computer Science from NYU, and Masters degree in Operations Research & Applied Mathematics from Columbia University, Arthur was recruited into the private IT sector. Upon starting his IT career path he quickly progressed into leadership roles as an engineer and developer for JP Morgan Chase.
With more than a decade of successful projects behind him, Arthur's love of academia brought him back to training, where he currently specializes in Java certification training and corporate software development. He holds numerous certifications including the Sun Certified Java Programmer, Sun Certified Web Component Developer, and Advanced PHP Programmer. His passion and aptitude for the subject matter is clearly evident both in and out of the classroom and NetCom Learning students rate him 8.6 out of 9.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science from Boston University along with several certifications.
- Over 25 years of experience in the IT field and expert in Unix, GNU/Linux, and Oracle ecosystems.
- More than 10 years working as a Software Engineer in multinational companies such as Hewlett-Packard.
Finnbarr has both breadth and in-depth knowledge of Unix, GNU/Linux, and Oracle with 25+ years of experience in operating system internals development, system administration, application development and project management on a wide variety of hardware and software platforms. As a Software Engineer, he developed and managed numerous projects in multinational companies such as Hewlett-Packard.
Finnbarr is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers as well as a Moderator at unix.com. He is also a top Instructor and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning and is well recognized by the students for his knowledge and his great teaching technique.
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
Back to Top