Designing the FlexPod Solution - FPDESIGN (Data Center)
The goal of this course is to evaluate the FlexPod solution design process in regards to the contemporary data center challenges. The course provides a comprehensive understanding of the reconnaissance and analytics to assess computing solution performance characteristics and requirements. In addition this course will describe the hardware components of the FlexPod and the process for selecting proper hardware for a given set of requirements.
- » This course is designed for post-sales audiences and is aimed at channel partners, customer network engineers and administrators whose interest is focused around designing a scalable infrastructure with the FlexPod.
Back to Top
- » Describe the FlexPod data center solutions and architecture
- » Identify FlexPod workload sizing and technical specifications
- » Describe the FlexPod deployment and management strategies
Back to Top
- Module 1: FlexPod Data Center Solutions and Architecture
- Describe data center elements
- Identify data center business challenges
- Identify data center environmental challenges
- Identify data center technical challenges
- Describe the data center consolidation trend
- Describe the FlexPod solution
- Identify the benefits of FlexPod
- Describe FlexPod platforms
- Describe FlexPod validated and supported designs
- Identify the supported Cisco UCS components
- Identify the supported Cisco Nexus switch components
- Identify the supported NetApp storage components
- Module 2: FlexPod Workload Sizing and Technical Specifications
- Describe FlexPod performance characteristics
- Describe server virtualization performance characteristics
- Describe desktop virtualization performance characteristics
- Describe reconnaissance and analysis tools
- Describe the process for deploying analysis tools
- Configure the Microsoft MAP Toolkit
- Identify FlexPod Design components
- Describe FlexPod Sizing considerations
- Employ Cisco UCS Application Sizer
- Employ Cisco UCS VXI Resource Comparison tool
- Describe NetApp Solution Builder Sizing tool
- Module 3: FlexPod Deployment and Management Strategies
- Describe key FlexPod LAN features
- Describe key FlexPod SAN features
- Identify FlexPod server provisioning features
- List FlexPod high availability features
- Describe supported FlexPod SAN features
- Describe FlexPod virtual storage tiering features
- Identify Cisco FlexPod validated designs
- Identify FlexPod data center with VMware vSphere 5.1
- Identify FlexPod data center with VMware vSphere 5.1 with Cisco Nexus 7000
- Identify FlexPod data center with Microsoft Private Cloud Enterprise Design Guide
- Identify FlexPod Select with Clouderas Distribution including Apache Hadoop (CDH)
- Identify FlexPod Cisco Nexus 7000 and NetApp MetroCluster for multisite deployment
- Identify data center operations and management challenges
- Describe FlexPod validated management solutions
- Describe Cisco UCS Director turnkey solutions
- Identify Cisco UCS Director management types
- Describe Cisco UCS Director automation
- Describe self-service provisioning and reporting
- Identify the customer challenges and goals
- Describe the workload analysis
- Describe the component selection process
- Review the selected component
- Analyze the solution
- Lab Outline
- Lab 2-1: Analyze the Existing Computing Solution
- Lab 3-1: Review Cisco Nexus 5548 LAN FlexPod base Configuration
- Lab 3-2: Review NetApp FlexPod base Configuration
- Lab 3-3: Review Cisco UCS B-Series Configuration
- Lab 3-4: Explore Cisco UCS Director FlexPod configuration
Back to Top
- » 500-170 : Designing the FlexPod Solution - FPDESIGN
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top