Autodesk Revit MEP 2017 Fundamentals
To take full advantage of Building Information Modeling, the Autodesk Revit 2017 MEP Fundamentals course has been designed to teach the concepts and principles of creating 3D parametric models of MEP system from engineering design through construction documentation.
The course is intended to introduce students to the software's user interface and the basic HVAC, electrical, and piping/plumbing components that make the Autodesk Revit software a powerful and flexible engineering modeling tool. The course will also familiarize students with the tools required to create, document, and print the parametric model. The examples and practices are designed to take the students through the basics of a full MEP project from linking in an architectural model to construction documents.
- Instructor-led Classroom Training
- Online Training
- Corporate Training
- Onsite Training
- One-on-One Training
- Facilitated Training
- » Mechanical engineers, Drafters, Modelers, Civil engineers
Back to Top
- » Working with the Autodesk Revit software's basic viewing, drawing, and editing commands
- » Inserting and connecting MEP components and using the System Browser
- » Working with linked architectural files
- » Creating spaces and zones so that you can analyze heating and cooling loads
- » Creating HVAC networks with air terminals, mechanical equipment, ducts, and pipes
- » Creating plumbing networks with plumbing fixtures and pipes
- » Creating electrical circuits with electrical equipment, devices, and lighting fixtures and adding cable trays and conduits
- » Creating HVAC and plumbing systems with automatic duct and piping layouts
- » Testing duct, piping and electrical systems
- » Creating and annotating construction documents
- » Adding tags and creating schedules
- » Detailing in the Autodesk Revit software
Back to Top
- Introduction to BIM and Autodesk Revit
- BIM and Autodesk Revit
- Overview of the Interface
- Starting Projects
- Viewing Commands
- Basic Sketching and Modify Tools
- Using General Sketching Tools
- Inserting Components
- Selecting and Editing Elements
- Working with Basic Modify Tools
- Basic Systems Tools
- Connecting Components
- Working with Additional Modify Tools
- Creating Systems - Overview
- Starting Systems Projects
- Linking in Revit Models
- Setting Up Levels
- Copying and Monitoring Elements
- Batch Copying Fixtures
- Coordinating Linked Models
- Working with Views
- Setting the View Display
- Duplicating Views
- Adding Callout Views
- Creating Elevations and Sections
- Setting Up Spaces
- Preparing a Model for Spaces
- Adding Spaces
- Working with Spaces
- Heating and Cooling Loads Analysis
- Creating Zones
- Applying Color Schemes
- Analyzing the Heating and Cooling Loads
- HVAC Networks
- Adding Mechanical Equipment and Air Terminals
- Adding Ducts and Pipes
- Modifying Ducts and Pipes
- Plumbing Networks
- Adding Plumbing Fixtures and Equipment
- Adding Plumbing Pipes
- Modifying Plumbing Pipes
- Adding Fire Protection Networks
- Advanced Systems for HVAC and Plumbing
- Creating and Modifying Systems
- Creating Automatic Layouts
- Testing Systems
- Electrical Systems
- About Electrical Systems
- Placing Electrical Components
- Creating Electrical Circuits
- Setting up Panel Schedules
- Adding Cable Trays and Conduit
- Testing Electrical Layouts
- Creating Construction Documents
- Setting Up Sheets
- Placing and Modifying Views on Sheets
- Printing Sheets
- Annotating Construction Documents
- Working with Dimensions
- Working With Text
- Adding Detail Lines and Symbols
- Creating Legends
- Adding Tags and Schedules
- Adding Tags
- Working with Schedules
- Creating Details
- Setting Up Detail Views
- Adding Detail Components
- Annotating Details
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Autodesk authority. Subject Matter Expert specializing in AutoCAD, Revit, 3D, and other Autodesk softwares with over 25 years of experience.
- More than 21 years of experience as a trainer.
- Highly rated instructor with all-time average student evaluation score of 8.7 out of 9.
Roger is an Autodesk Certified Instructor with over 25 years of experience working with challenging projects in the management and support in Revit BIM, AutoCAD and 3DS Max Systems Applications for numerous Architectural and Interior Design Firms, Construction, Engineering and Manufacturing Companies. He is proficient in Advanced Visualization Design and is a specialist with analysis, customization, management and optimization of BIM Revit, AutoCAD and 3DS Max for best practices and standards procedures. Roger has been able to support and assist many firms in the field of Architectural Design in the past 20 years.
Roger is also a CTT+ certified, with a Bachelors degree in Computer Programming
and also holds a New York University Certification. In addition, he has also been an
instructor since 1990 with proven on-site and online training expertise.
- Highly-skilled Autodesk Certified Instructor; working with Autodesk Softwares since 1993.
- Expert in AutoCAD, Autodesk 3DS, Autodesk Revit, Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, and Architectural Desktop.
- Authored course materials for numerous Autodesk courses.
Joseph is an Autodesk Certified Instructor specializing in developing and teaching Autodesk courses, with a working knowledge of such products as AutoCAD, Autodesk 3DS, Autodesk Revit, Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, and Architectural Desktop.
In addition to teaching and developing courses for the past 10 years, Joseph has authored course materials for many AutoDesk courses. He is also well versed in Inventor 8 and 9.
Joseph demonstrates a straightforward, down-to-earth teaching style in order to reach students at widely differing levels of expertise. His extensive product knowledge and exuberant teaching style makes Joseph a consistently highly rated instructor at NetCom Learning.
Back to Top