Autodesk Revit 2017 Architecture: Conceptual Design & Visualization
20th Year Celebration offer - Valid for new Enrollments on full payment till February 28, 2018
As architects and designers start a project, they frequently think about the overall massing of a building or the area of the footprint. The Autodesk Revit software, using its powerful Building Information Modeling (BIM) engine, includes tools for creating mass elements that can be modified into many shapes. You can then apply walls, roofs, and floors to them to continue designing. You can also access space planning tools for setting up areas for rooms and also applying colors for them to show the connections. For presentations, you can create, embellish, and render perspective views.
The objective of the Autodesk Revit 2017 Architecture: Conceptual Design & Visualization student guide is to enable students who have worked with the Autodesk Revit software to expand their knowledge in the areas of Conceptual Design, including massing studies, space planning, visualization, and rendering.
- » Collaboration Tools, BIM Management, and Site and Structural Design are taught in additional courses
- » Knowledge of basic techniques is assumed, such as creating walls, roofs, and other objects, copying and moving objects, creating and working with views, etc.
- » Aspirants should be comfortable with the fundamentals of the Autodesk Revit software, as taught in the Autodesk Revit Architecture Fundamentals course
Back to Top
- » Create In-Place Conceptual Mass elements
- » Create building elements from massing studies
- » Use Rooms and Areas for space planning and analysis
- » Create perspectives, sketches, exploded views, and solar studies
- » Render views that include materials, lighting, and enhancements such as people and plants
Back to Top
- Massing Studies
- Overview of Massing Studies
- Placing Mass Elements
- Creating Conceptual Massing
- Setting the Work Plane
- Dynamic Editing for Conceptual Massing
- Working with Profiles and Edges
- Moving from Massing to Building
- Space Planning & Area Analysis
- Space Planning
- Area Analysis
- Creating Color Schemes
- Creating Perspective Views
- Working with Graphic Display Options
- Adding Exploded Views
- Setting Up Solar Studies
- Producing Basic Renderings
- Working with Lighting
- Enhancing Renderings
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Highly-skilled Autodesk Certified Instructor; working with Autodesk Softwares since 1993.
- Expert in AutoCAD, Autodesk 3DS, Autodesk Revit, Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, and Architectural Desktop.
- Authored course materials for numerous Autodesk courses.
Joseph is an Autodesk Certified Instructor specializing in developing and teaching Autodesk courses, with a working knowledge of such products as AutoCAD, Autodesk 3DS, Autodesk Revit, Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, and Architectural Desktop.
In addition to teaching and developing courses for the past 10 years, Joseph has authored course materials for many AutoDesk courses. He is also well versed in Inventor 8 and 9.
Joseph demonstrates a straightforward, down-to-earth teaching style in order to reach students at widely differing levels of expertise. His extensive product knowledge and exuberant teaching style makes Joseph a consistently highly rated instructor at NetCom Learning.
- Autodesk authority. Subject Matter Expert specializing in AutoCAD, Revit, 3D, and other Autodesk softwares with over 25 years of experience.
- More than 21 years of experience as a trainer.
- Highly rated instructor with all-time average student evaluation score of 8.7 out of 9.
Roger is an Autodesk Certified Instructor with over 25 years of experience working with challenging projects in the management and support in Revit BIM, AutoCAD and 3DS Max Systems Applications for numerous Architectural and Interior Design Firms, Construction, Engineering and Manufacturing Companies. He is proficient in Advanced Visualization Design and is a specialist with analysis, customization, management and optimization of BIM Revit, AutoCAD and 3DS Max for best practices and standards procedures. Roger has been able to support and assist many firms in the field of Architectural Design in the past 20 years.
Roger is also a CTT+ certified, with a Bachelors degree in Computer Programming
and also holds a New York University Certification. In addition, he has also been an
instructor since 1990 with proven on-site and online training expertise.
Back to Top