Autodesk Revit BIM Management 2017: Template and Family
The objective of the Autodesk Revit 2017 BIM Management: Template and Family Course is to enable users who have worked with the software to expand their knowledge in setting up office standards with templates that include annotation styles, preset views, sheets, and schedules, as well as creating custom system, in-place, and component families.
- Instructor-led Classroom Training
- Online Training
- Corporate Training
- Onsite Training
- One-on-One Training
- Facilitated Training
- » Building owners and operators, architects, engineers, simulation modelers, mechanical engineers, designers
Back to Top
- » Create custom templates with annotation styles, title blocks, and custom element types
- » Create schedules, including material takeoff schedules with formula
- » Create custom wall, roof, and floor types as well as MEP system families
- » Set up a component family file with a parametric framework
- » Create family geometry
- » Create family types
- » Modify the visibility of components and incorporate additional family items such as controls, MEP connectors, and nested components
- » Create specific families, including in-place families, profiles, annotations, and parameters
Back to Top
- Creating Custom Templates
- Preparing Project Templates
- Customizing Annotation Types
- Creating Title Blocks
- View Templates and Filters
- Introduction to Schedules
- Creating Building Component Schedules
- Modifying Schedule Appearance
- Creating Key Schedules
- Advanced Schedule Options
- Creating Material Takeoff Schedules
- Custom System Families
- Creating Wall, Roof, Floor, and Ceiling Types
- Vertically Compound Walls
- Stacked and Embedded Walls
- Creating MEP System Families
- Component Family Concepts
- Creating Component Families
- Creating the Parametric Framework
- Creating Family Elements
- Creating Family Types
- Advanced Family Techniques
- Additional Tools for Families
- Visibility Display Settings
- Additional Family Types
- Creating In-Place Families
- Creating Profiles
- Creating Annotation Families
- Working with Project and Shared Parameters
- Creating Architectural Specific Families
- Creating Custom Doors and Windows
- Creating Angled Cornices and Copings
- Creating Custom Railings
- Families for Railings, Balusters, and Panels
- Creating MEP Specific Families
- Creating Structural Specific Families
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Highly-skilled Autodesk Certified Instructor; working with Autodesk Softwares since 1993.
- Expert in AutoCAD, Autodesk 3DS, Autodesk Revit, Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, and Architectural Desktop.
- Authored course materials for numerous Autodesk courses.
Joseph is an Autodesk Certified Instructor specializing in developing and teaching Autodesk courses, with a working knowledge of such products as AutoCAD, Autodesk 3DS, Autodesk Revit, Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, and Architectural Desktop.
In addition to teaching and developing courses for the past 10 years, Joseph has authored course materials for many AutoDesk courses. He is also well versed in Inventor 8 and 9.
Joseph demonstrates a straightforward, down-to-earth teaching style in order to reach students at widely differing levels of expertise. His extensive product knowledge and exuberant teaching style makes Joseph a consistently highly rated instructor at NetCom Learning.
- Autodesk authority. Subject Matter Expert specializing in AutoCAD, Revit, 3D, and other Autodesk softwares with over 25 years of experience.
- More than 21 years of experience as a trainer.
- Highly rated instructor with all-time average student evaluation score of 8.7 out of 9.
Roger is an Autodesk Certified Instructor with over 25 years of experience working with challenging projects in the management and support in Revit BIM, AutoCAD and 3DS Max Systems Applications for numerous Architectural and Interior Design Firms, Construction, Engineering and Manufacturing Companies. He is proficient in Advanced Visualization Design and is a specialist with analysis, customization, management and optimization of BIM Revit, AutoCAD and 3DS Max for best practices and standards procedures. Roger has been able to support and assist many firms in the field of Architectural Design in the past 20 years.
Roger is also a CTT+ certified, with a Bachelors degree in Computer Programming
and also holds a New York University Certification. In addition, he has also been an
instructor since 1990 with proven on-site and online training expertise.
Back to Top