Cisco Unified Wireless Networking v7.2 - CUWN
The Cisco Unified Wireless Networking training class is designed to enable a network administrator to deploy a WLAN enterprise solution through the identification and successful implementation of site-appropriate hardware and software features in a Cisco Unified Wireless Network.
The class begins with a high-level overview of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network (CUWN) product line, including product functions, components, capabilities, and features. You will learn where to locate installation procedures for both the access point (AP) and their associated Wireless LAN Controllers (WLCs) and properly install the CUWN hardware appropriate to site and use requirements. You will look at ways to administer CUWN, 802.11 security policies, and QoS appropriately to protect and optimize performance on the wireless network. You will configure and implement key CUWN security features to mitigate WLAN security threats. You will conclude training by learning how to utilize recommended troubleshooting methodology and the various tools available to gather and assess system data to isolate equipment failures and security threats.
The CUWN training class reinforces the instruction by providing you with hands-on labs that cover how to complete the initial controller configuration using the CLI and GUI, provision APs in various options and examine AP behaviours in those configurations, explore how to set up Interface groups to allow VLAN pooling, set up a WLAN with web authentication as the security policy, configure the wireless client for WPA2 using the PEAP-MS-CHAPv2 option, create a secured WLAN on the controller, using EAP-FAST for authentication, based on local EAP, and WPA/WPA2 for encryption, as well as perform a pre-image download to pre-load a new controller firmware image into your AP.
- » The primary audience for this course is data-center technicians, data-center administrators, and system engineers.
- » The secondary audience for this course is data-center designers and managers.
- » The tertiary audience for this course is program and project managers.
Back to Top
- » Identify how the CUWN solution meets the challenges of successful WLAN deployments
- » Select and properly install the Cisco Unified Wireless Network hardware appropriate to site and use requirements
- » Administer CUWN, 802.11 security policies, and QoS appropriately to protect and optimize performance on the wireless network
- » Configure and implement the key CUWN security features to mitigate WLAN security threats
- » Utilize a recommended troubleshooting methodology and the various tools available to gather and assess system data to isolate equipment failures and security threats
Back to Top
- Module 1 - Cisco Wireless LAN Solutions
- Characterizing Cisco Enterprise Wireless LANs
- Identifying Hardware Models
- Describing WLC Terms and Protocols
- Module 2 CUWN Installation and Configuration
- Installing Hardware Components
- Configuring the WLC Setup
- Configuring WLC Settings
- Configuring LAG
- Describing AP Operational Modes
- Introducing Cisco CleanAir
- Implementing Cisco CleanAir
- Module 3 CUWN Administration
- Associating an AP to a WLC
- Configuring Mobility Groups and Roaming
- Administering Individual WLANs and AP Groups
- Configuring QoS
- Performing General Administration
- Describing 802.11 Weak Security Policy
- Module 4 CUWN Security
- Configuring Security Parameters
- Configuring CUWN to Support 802.1X Authentication
- Module 5 CUWN Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting CUWN
- Gathering VLAN Traffic and Other Data
- Configuring Policies and Management
- Loading Device Code and Managing Configuration Data
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top