Implementing Cisco Voice Communications and QoS v8.0 - CVOICE
Implementing Cisco Voice Communications and QoS (CVOICE) v8.0 teaches learners about voice gateways, characteristics of VoIP call legs, dial plans and their implementation, basic implementation of IP phones in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express environment and essential information about gatekeepers and Cisco Unified Border Element. The course provides the learners with voice-related QoS mechanisms that are required in Cisco Unified Communications networks.
- » Technical professionals responsible for VoIP including voice/data integration.
- » Network administrators, network engineers, Systems engineers.
Back to Top
- » Explain what a voice gateway is, how it works, and describe its usage, components, and features.
- » Describe the characteristics and configuration elements of VoIP call legs.
- » Describe how to implement IP phones using Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express.
- » Describe the components of a dial plan and explain how to implement a dial plan on a Cisco Unified voice gateway.
- » Explain what gatekeepers and Cisco Unified Border Elements are, how they work, and what features they support.
- » Describe why QoS is needed, what functions it performs, and how it can be implemented in a Cisco Unified Communications network.
Back to Top
- Module 1: Introduction to Voice Gateways
- Understanding Cisco Unified Communications Networks and the Role of Gateways
- Examining Gateway Call Routing and Call Legs
- Configuring Gateway Voice Ports
- Understanding DSP Functionality, Codecs, and Codec Complexity
- Module 2: VoIP Call Legs
- Examining VoIP Call Legs and VoIP Media Transmission
- Explaining H.323 Signaling Protocol
- Explaining SIP Signaling Protocol
- Explaining MGCP Signaling Protocol
- Describing Requirements for VoIP Call Legs
- Configuring VoIP Call Legs
- Module 3: Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express Endpoints Implementation
- Introducing Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
- Examining Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express Endpoint Requirements
- Configuring Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express Endpoints
- Module 4: Dial Plan Implementation
- Introducing Call Routing
- Understanding Dial Plans
- Describing Digit Manipulation
- Configuring Path Selection
- Configuring Calling Privileges
- Module 5: Gatekeeper and Cisco Unified Border Element Implementation
- Understanding Gatekeepers
- Examining Cisco Unified Border Element
- Module 6: Quality of Service
- Introducing QoS
- Understanding QoS Mechanisms and Models
- Explaining Classification, Marking, and Link Efficiency Mechanisms
- Managing Congestion and Rate Limiting
- Understanding Cisco AutoQoS
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top
As an authorized Cisco Learning Partner, NetCom proudly accepts Cisco Learning Credits (CLC) for Cisco training and Cisco certification, including Cisco CCNA certification and CCENT certification.
More information about Cisco Learning Credits
Call 888.563.8266 for CLC details.
Back to Top