8816: Inventory Control in Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0
The Microsoft Dynamics GP Inventory Control course explores all aspects of the Inventory module from the initial setup of inventory items and the multiple methods of valuation supported, to the types of inventory transactions available and the tight integration to the Purchase Order Processing and Sales Order Processing modules.
You learn how to control inventory challenges and maximize your company's net profits based on the way you do business. This course shows you how to define default inventory account numbers, COGS, variances, sites, product classes, valuation methods and more, which will improve efficiency and cut down on costly data entry errors. This course shows you how to group items for pricing, promotional, or analytical purposes and by type, such as finished goods, raw material, component, and more. You learn how to quickly find information such as inventory quantity on hand, quantity available, quantity on back order, costs, and list prices, and where to drill down to transaction details. You learn how to manage multiple sites, multiple bins within sites, negative quantities, and lot/serial numbers. You see how Lot/Serial Number tracking is streamlined during inventory transaction entry.
- » Inventory Control training is recommended for anyone who plans to implement, use, maintain, consult, or support any part of the Inventory and Order Processing series. The class is targeted toward administrators, office managers, CEOs, and consultants who need to understand the technical aspects of Inventory Control and gain foundational knowledge of the application functionality.
Back to Top
- » Understand how Inventory Control module transactions integrate with other Dynamics GP modules and improve your business bottom line
- » Use the Inventory Control module to process receipts, make adjustments to inventory, and transfer transactions
- » Use Inventory Control inquiry screens and reports to extract and analyze appropriate information to maintain and improve inventory business processes
- » Create and assemble kits
- » Understand how maintenance screen options affect transactions in the Inventory module
- » Process physical inventory transactions and record the results
- » Document month end processes and close the Inventory module
- » Define setup options for the Inventory module that allow you to customize your system to better fit your organization's unique needs
Back to Top
- Chapter 1: Overview and General Setup
- Course Description
- Module Overview
- Process Flow
- Inventory Setup
- Unit of Measure
- Price Levels
- Prices Groups
- Chapter 2: Setup Procedures
- Procedures for Setting up Inventory Items
- Item Classes
- Inventory Items
- Price Lists
- Inventory Quantities
- Lot Categories
- Beginning Quantities
- Stock Calendar
- Chapter 3: Inventory Control Daily Procedures
- Inventory Batch Posting
- Inventory Single Posting
- Changing Quantity Types
- Cost Variance Journals
- Adjustment Transactions
- Variance Transactions
- Transfer Transactions
- In- Transit Transfers
- Stock Counts
- Chapter 4: Editing and Retrieving Records
- Change and Delete Records
- Change Valuation Methods
- Change Decimal Places
- Adjust Costs
- Remove History
- Remove Bins
- Price List Utilities
- Item Inquiries
- Creating/Printing Inventory Reports
- Chapter 5: Period and Year-End Procedures
- Period-end Checklist
- Printing Reports
- Completing ABC Analysis
- Closing the Fiscal Period
- Year-end Closing
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
David is a hands-on, dynamic and experienced financial systems consultant with successful work history of implementing large scale ERP systems, managing and directly responsible for data migration, financial report validation and customization, end-user training, process documentation and automation.
David has been a trainer for more 21 years.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University.
- Over 9 years of experience as a Master Certified Trainer. Expert in MS Dynamics GP Financials, Installation, HR/Payroll, Project Accounting, Inventory and Integration Manager.
- Project Manager to various MS Dynamics Great Plains implementations.
Ginger holds a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University. Her career started as an Auditor for Deloitte & Touch and over the years she developed her passion for Microsoft Dynamics, implementing Dynamics GP and Project Cost in the Professional Services, Commercial Real Estate and Medical Facilities vertical markets.
Ginger's experience with Microsoft Dynamics is unparalleled. As a Certified Master Dynamics trainer, she stays abreast of the latest Dynamics modules and shares experience with a very hands-on training technique at NetCom Learning.
- Over 25 years of experience working as Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor.
- Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at the University of Phoenix since 2007.
- Microsoft Certifications in Financials, Trade & Logistics, Production and Human Resources Management as well as Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since 2009.
Lynn is a very accomplished Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor with over 25 years of experience. She has been a Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2009 and a Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at University of Phoenix since 2007. In addition to several other Microsoft certifications, she is also a specialist in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Lynn has taught several Microsoft Dynamics AX courses at NetCom Learning and is described by her students as very knowledgeable, qualified, and patient with her approach. Her classes are very dynamic and energetic, just as the course per se.
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
- Founder and Managing Partner of Guided Technology Inc. which provides Microsoft
consulting expertise and educational services for corporate and government.
- At Guided Technology, Ron was responsible for creating a strategic roadmap for
First Data Corporation.
- At New York City Department of Finance, as Senior Manager & Design Architect,
Ron designed and implemented IBM Servers collecting $15 billion in tax revenue.
Ron has always enjoyed teaching and instructing others, whether in the installation
process of software and hardware upgrades, or as working as the Head of Training
for Valinor, a Microsoft Consulting Partner, where Ron managed the company's
training centers and worked as a Senior Instructor (MCT).
In addition to working in the management level of the business and software
consulting market for over 18 years, Ron also worked as a Surface Warfare Officer
and Weapons Officer in the United States Navy, serving two tours of duty. He served
aboard the USS Tuscaloosa from 1984 -1987, and participated in two Western Pacific
Ron loves basketball and played on Trinity College's varsity basketball team for all
four years of college.
Back to Top
» Microsoft Dynamics GP - Other
I would recommend NetCom because of the friendly staff and the ability to take a class online without the additional travel expense.
» Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013: Installation and Configuration (MDCTS) Accelerated
I would because they have quality teachers and great service!
- Donnie L.
» Microsoft Dynamics GP - Other
More testimonials »
Back to Top