8814: Installation and Configuration in Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0
The three-day Microsoft Dynamics GP Installation and Configuration course develops understanding of technologies and techniques necessary to successfully install Microsoft Dynamics GP. By covering the basics of installation and setup, as well as advanced topics such as optimization and troubleshooting, this course builds confidence and minimizes the installation time for your customers. Microsoft SQL Server 2005 is discussed as it applies specifically to Microsoft Dynamics GP. The course covers the installation of Microsoft Dynamics GP and the installation of the related products listed in the agenda. This course does not go into the setup and use of the application as these topics are covered by other classes offered by Microsoft Training.
- » Microsoft Dynamics GP Installation and Configuration training is recommended for people who plan to install, implement, configure, consult, or support Microsoft Dynamics GP. The class is targeted toward administrators, implementers, developers, and consultants who need to understand the technical aspects of Microsoft Dynamics GP. The course is not intended for non-technical staff.
Back to Top
- » Identify the hardware requirements for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express in a Microsoft Dynamics GP environment.
- » Identify the hardware requirements for Microsoft Dynamics GP with Terminal Server.
- » Install Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express as they relate to Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- » Identify Microsoft SQL Server recommended settings for use with Microsoft Dynamics GP, including collation and authentication mode.
- » Install Microsoft Dynamics GP in a Client/Server environment.
Back to Top
- Microsoft Dynamics GP System Requirements and SQL Server Installation
- Microsoft Dynamics GP SQL Server Requirements
- Hardware Recommendations and Configurations
- Terminal Server Requirements
- Optimize the System for Microsoft SQL Server
- Install Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express System Requirements, Installation, and Configuration
- Data Server Installation and Utilities
- Data Server Installation
- Dynamics Database Initialization
- Account Framework
- System Options
- Sample Company Initialization
- Create Additional Companies
- Troubleshoot Errors
- Install Microsoft Dynamics GP client/server
- Run Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities
- Client Installation, Components, and Maintenance
- Client Requirements and Installation
- Add/Remove Additional Features and components
- Create and use a Client Installation Package
- Apply Service Packs and Updates using Automatic Updates
- Installation Components and Files
- Identity Columns
- Stored Procedures
- Create client installation package
- System Manager
- System Setup
- User Setup and Access
- Security Tasks
- Security Roles
- Alternate/Modified Forms and Reports
- User Security
- User Activity and Preferences
- Create a Company
- Switch Users and Company
- Company Information
- System Manager Setup including security
- Post Installation Administration
- Database options
- Database backup and restore procedures
- Microsoft Dynamics GP-SQL maintenance
- SQL database maintenance (DBCC)
- Use the Microsoft SQL Database Maintenance Plan Wizard (DBMW)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP data recovery procedures
- Back up database
- Drop/create auto procedure
- Optimize Performance and Troubleshooting
- Windows 2003 Considerations
- SQL Server Configuration
- Optimize a SQL Relational Database
- Analyze Performance
- Optimization Summary
- Troubleshooting -- Identify the Issue
- Troubleshooting -- Types of Issues and Resolution Sources
- Troubleshooting -- Tools
- Batch Recovery Process
- Performance Options
- SQL Memory Options
- Using SQL Profiler
- Create dexsql.log
- Process Server
- System Requirements
- Set Up Process Server
- Designate the Output Report Location
- Process Monitor
- Process Server Log
- Report Writer Overview
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Overview
- Microsoft SQL Server Report Wizard
- FRx Report Designer Features and Installation Considerations
- FRx Troubleshooting Techniques and Tips
- Report Scheduler
- Create a modified report
- Create a custom report
- Schedule a report
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University.
- Over 9 years of experience as a Master Certified Trainer. Expert in MS Dynamics GP Financials, Installation, HR/Payroll, Project Accounting, Inventory and Integration Manager.
- Project Manager to various MS Dynamics Great Plains implementations.
Ginger holds a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University. Her career started as an Auditor for Deloitte & Touch and over the years she developed her passion for Microsoft Dynamics, implementing Dynamics GP and Project Cost in the Professional Services, Commercial Real Estate and Medical Facilities vertical markets.
Ginger's experience with Microsoft Dynamics is unparalleled. As a Certified Master Dynamics trainer, she stays abreast of the latest Dynamics modules and shares experience with a very hands-on training technique at NetCom Learning.
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
David is a hands-on, dynamic and experienced financial systems consultant with successful work history of implementing large scale ERP systems, managing and directly responsible for data migration, financial report validation and customization, end-user training, process documentation and automation.
David has been a trainer for more 21 years.
- Over 25 years of experience working as Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor.
- Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at the University of Phoenix since 2007.
- Microsoft Certifications in Financials, Trade & Logistics, Production and Human Resources Management as well as Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since 2009.
Lynn is a very accomplished Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor with over 25 years of experience. She has been a Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2009 and a Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at University of Phoenix since 2007. In addition to several other Microsoft certifications, she is also a specialist in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Lynn has taught several Microsoft Dynamics AX courses at NetCom Learning and is described by her students as very knowledgeable, qualified, and patient with her approach. Her classes are very dynamic and energetic, just as the course per se.
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
- Founder and Managing Partner of Guided Technology Inc. which provides Microsoft
consulting expertise and educational services for corporate and government.
- At Guided Technology, Ron was responsible for creating a strategic roadmap for
First Data Corporation.
- At New York City Department of Finance, as Senior Manager & Design Architect,
Ron designed and implemented IBM Servers collecting $15 billion in tax revenue.
Ron has always enjoyed teaching and instructing others, whether in the installation
process of software and hardware upgrades, or as working as the Head of Training
for Valinor, a Microsoft Consulting Partner, where Ron managed the company's
training centers and worked as a Senior Instructor (MCT).
In addition to working in the management level of the business and software
consulting market for over 18 years, Ron also worked as a Surface Warfare Officer
and Weapons Officer in the United States Navy, serving two tours of duty. He served
aboard the USS Tuscaloosa from 1984 -1987, and participated in two Western Pacific
Ron loves basketball and played on Trinity College's varsity basketball team for all
four years of college.
Back to Top
» Microsoft Dynamics GP - Other
I would recommend NetCom because of the friendly staff and the ability to take a class online without the additional travel expense.
» Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013: Installation and Configuration (MDCTS) Accelerated
I would because they have quality teachers and great service!
- Donnie L.
» Microsoft Dynamics GP - Other
More testimonials »
Back to Top