Cisco Voice Portal Developer v8.0 - CVPD (Professional)
CVPD teaches each student to use the CVP Call Studio graphical tool to build self-service IVR applications and to run and maintain them on the CVP VXML Server.
- » CVPD is intended for VUI designers, application developers, Java programmers, Sales and Pre-Sales, Technical Support, and Project Managers who want to learn to use the graphical tool to build IVR applications.
Back to Top
- » This course also introduces the student to the other servers that may be part of their CVP solution. Hands-on practice includes programming labs and building applications that incorporate every element of CVP Studio into a comprehensive full-featured application. Students also learn how to extend Studio using pre-written Java-based components. Each student has his/her own development system, in a lab environment that includes the Cisco VoiceXML gateway, speech recognition, text-to-speech, CVP Call Studio and VXML Server, and a SIP soft-phone to place calls. Students have ample practice analysing log files for debugging and using administrative scripts for graceful updates and suspensions of applications
Back to Top
- Overview of the full and stand alone CVP Architecture and Call Flow. An overview of ICM Scripts to route calls to Call Studio applications, including passing and receiving back data.
- Writing Studio graphical applications which include:
- Prompting Callers using pre-recorded audio and text-to-speech; using Say it Smart to format spoken audio (speak as date, time, currency, etc), error prompting
- Collecting caller input as digits, currency, building custom input
- Working with variables global data, session data, element data
- Invoking Studio Subroutines from another Studio application
- Transferring control from one Studio application to another (Application Transfer)
- Using the Studio Debugger to test applications within Studio
- Using Say it Smart to convert data into spoken audio (speak as date, time, digits, etc)
- Studio Database element for interactions using SQL database
- Web Services Element
- Prompting and reprompting
- VXML properties as they apply to CVP Studio for timing, playing filler/hold music
- Catching events with the Studio Hotevent element to handle missing audio, ASR errors, etc
- Global commands (Hotlinks) to allow callers to say start over go back agent at any time
- Handling errors to return data to ICM upon an unrecoverable error
- Understanding the VXML Root Document for setting global timers and properties
- Multi-Language applications using the Application Modifier element to change language during the call flow
- Using Studio Documenter to print Visio-like diagrams of the application
- Adding custom java components to extend Studio
- Returning data to ICM if the caller hangs up using Custom Java
- Using other Studio elements Counter, Math
- Overview of CVP8 Courtesy Callback Call flow, ICM and Studio script configuration, audio files, reporting server database.
- Administration is covered throughout the course:
- Configuring log file properties
- Using logs for debugging applications
- Enabling VXML logging
- Administrative scripts for graceful updates or suspensions of the server
- Important log, debug, administration files
- Directories in which associated Java class files must reside
- Using Operations Console to deploy applications
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top