80538: Human Resource Management in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2
This course guides students through the complete setup and data entry for the Human resources module in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2. Students will learn how to use the Human resources module to track worker setup, absences, performance, compensation, and benefits. Additionally students will learn to maintain jobs and positions and recruit for open positions.
- » This training material is intended for experienced Microsoft Dynamics AX users who want to plan, implement, manage, and troubleshoot in Microsoft Dynamics AX Human Resources Management.
Back to Top
- » Distinguish between types of organizational units.
- » Set up an organizational structure.
- » Link people to positions in the organization.
- » Set up new employees and edit information for existing employees.
- » Manage information related to both internal employees and external contacts.
- » Manage employee affiliations.
- » Work with payroll information and benefits.
- » Grant equipment and asset loans to employees.
- » Handle employee information such as courses, educations, and certificates.
- » Set up recruitment projects.
- » Move an applicant and his or her application through the recruitment process.
- » Use recruitment reports.
- » Set up the absence structure.
- » Perform the major processes within absence management.
- » Use the absence analysis tools.
- » Pinpoint where, how, and why skills are used in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- » Set up skills and skill types.
- » Register skills for employees.
- » Use the skill mapping functionality.
- » Structure and implement goals.
- » Use appraisal interviews.
- » Identify the basic actors in the course management structure (courses, participants, locations and instructors).
- » Manage the process life cycle of a course, from design and deployment, through registration and execution, to evaluation.
- » Manage participants.
- » Access the HR functionality on the Enterprise Portal.
- » Set up different users for Employee Services on the Enterprise Portal.
- » Use the employee self service features from the employee viewpoint.
- » Use the employee self service functionality from the line manager viewpoint.
- » Use the employee self service functionality from the absence approver viewpoint.
- » Perform the major processes within Competence Management.
- » Identify the connection between compensation and employee performance.
Back to Top
- Module 1: Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Set Up Human Source Management
- Module 2: Organization Set Up
- Organization Set Up
- Work with Positions
- Organization Reporting
- Position Budgeting Data
- Role-Based Security
- Global Address Book
- Lab : Create a Job
- Lab : Create a Position
- Module 3: Worker Setup
- Setup for Worker Information
- Create a New Worker Record
- Position Assignment
- Maintain Workers
- Set Up Teams
- Union Setup
- Loan Equipment to Workers
- Manager I-9 Compliance
- Manage ADA Information
- Worker Reporting
- Lab : Create a Worker
- Lab : Loan Equipment to a Worker
- Module 4: Administer Recruitment Process
- Set Up Recruitment Information
- Manage Recruitment Projects
- Manage the Applicant for Employment
- Applicant Review Process
- Hire for the Recruitment Project
- Recruitment Reporting
- Lab : Create the Recruitment Project
- Lab : Create an Applicant for the Recruitment
- Lab : Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Module 5: Absence Administration
- Set Up Absence Information
- Manage Absences
- Absence Reporting
- Lab : Enter an Absence
- Module 6: Manage Competencies
- Set Up Competencies
- Record Competencies
- Report Competencies
- Lab : Enter Competencies for a Worker
- Module 7: Manage Worker Performance
- Set Up Performance Information
- Manage Performance
- Performance Reports
- Lab : Enter a Discussion and Goal for a Worker
- Module 8: Administer Courses
- Set Up Training
- Manage Training
- Training Reports
- Lab : Create a Course and Register a Worker
- Module 9: Manage Compensation
- Setup for Compensation
- Compensation Plans
- Process Events
- Update Compensation for Employees
- Pay for Performance
- Lab : Create Compensation Plans and Enroll an Employee
- Module 10: Set Up Benefit Information
- Set Up Benefits
- Manage Benefit Eligibility
- Enroll Workers in Benefits
- Lab : Create a Benefit Plan
- Lab : Enroll a Worker in a Plan
- Module 11: Enterprise Portal
- Employee Enterprise Portal
- Enterprise Portal for Managers
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
David is a hands-on, dynamic and experienced financial systems consultant with successful work history of implementing large scale ERP systems, managing and directly responsible for data migration, financial report validation and customization, end-user training, process documentation and automation.
David has been a trainer for more 21 years.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University.
- Over 9 years of experience as a Master Certified Trainer. Expert in MS Dynamics GP Financials, Installation, HR/Payroll, Project Accounting, Inventory and Integration Manager.
- Project Manager to various MS Dynamics Great Plains implementations.
Ginger holds a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University. Her career started as an Auditor for Deloitte & Touch and over the years she developed her passion for Microsoft Dynamics, implementing Dynamics GP and Project Cost in the Professional Services, Commercial Real Estate and Medical Facilities vertical markets.
Ginger's experience with Microsoft Dynamics is unparalleled. As a Certified Master Dynamics trainer, she stays abreast of the latest Dynamics modules and shares experience with a very hands-on training technique at NetCom Learning.
- Over 25 years of experience working as Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor.
- Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at the University of Phoenix since 2007.
- Microsoft Certifications in Financials, Trade & Logistics, Production and Human Resources Management as well as Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since 2009.
Lynn is a very accomplished Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor with over 25 years of experience. She has been a Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2009 and a Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at University of Phoenix since 2007. In addition to several other Microsoft certifications, she is also a specialist in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Lynn has taught several Microsoft Dynamics AX courses at NetCom Learning and is described by her students as very knowledgeable, qualified, and patient with her approach. Her classes are very dynamic and energetic, just as the course per se.
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
- Founder and Managing Partner of Guided Technology Inc. which provides Microsoft
consulting expertise and educational services for corporate and government.
- At Guided Technology, Ron was responsible for creating a strategic roadmap for
First Data Corporation.
- At New York City Department of Finance, as Senior Manager & Design Architect,
Ron designed and implemented IBM Servers collecting $15 billion in tax revenue.
Ron has always enjoyed teaching and instructing others, whether in the installation
process of software and hardware upgrades, or as working as the Head of Training
for Valinor, a Microsoft Consulting Partner, where Ron managed the company's
training centers and worked as a Senior Instructor (MCT).
In addition to working in the management level of the business and software
consulting market for over 18 years, Ron also worked as a Surface Warfare Officer
and Weapons Officer in the United States Navy, serving two tours of duty. He served
aboard the USS Tuscaloosa from 1984 -1987, and participated in two Western Pacific
Ron loves basketball and played on Trinity College's varsity basketball team for all
four years of college.
Back to Top