80414: Service Management in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with an overview of Service management features and functionality in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. This course covers the major functions and describes how service management is integrated with the Project management and accounting module. The participants for this course should have basic knowledge of the earlier versions of Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- » This course is intended for partners, customers, and Microsoft team members with moderate to extensive knowledge of Project management and accounting functionality in Service management.
Back to Top
- » Before attending this course, students must have working experience of Project Essentials in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 and knowledge of Project Advanced in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 courses.
Back to Top
- » Describe the functionality of service management and its potential for optimizing a business.
- » Provide an overview about the Service management course.
- » Build a Service agreements form.
- » Set up the elements required to create a service agreement header.
- » Create a service agreement header and lines.
- » Create a service agreement and service object relation/service task relation.
- » Copy service agreement lines into a service agreement.
- » Create service template groups.
- » Create a service template and copy template lines into a service agreement.
- » Create service agreements from a sales order.
- » Describe how and when service is provided to the customer.
- » Link service order to a project and register transactions as revenue and cost for service that is performed.
- » Build a Service orders form.
- » Define the different elements that support the creation and processing of service orders.
- » Set up service parameters as per the business needs.
- » Set up service stages and reason codes.
- » Set up service order activity.
- » Create sales and marketing activities when you create service orders.
- » Create a service order manually and automatically.
- » Create a service order from a sales order.
- » Process, post, and create a service order invoice.
- » Optimize the flow of information and create transactions with regard to service orders.
- » Set up service level agreements.
- » Set up time recording on service level agreements and service orders.
- » View the information about service level agreement and service order.
- » Sort and filter service agreements in the service agreements group.
- » Set up the different components of service dispatcher including default preferred technician, activity types, dispatch teams, and resources.
- » Use the Dispatch board.
- » Perform typical activity actions.
- » Change values on the Dispatch board and manage undisputed activities.
- » Explain the Dispatch board functionality and describes how it helps to optimize service order management.
- » Set up component elements of the repair functionality with regard to customer and technician diagnosis and resolution.
- » Set up symptom areas, symptom codes and conditions
- » Set up diagnosis areas, diagnosis codes, and resolutions.
- » Set up repair stages.
- » Create and process a repair line.
- » Register resource consumption for repairs.
- » Create and modify a template BOM and attach it to a service object relation.
- » Create a Service BOM.
- » Create service order lines from a BOM.
- » Setup the service BOM to register changes to the service object over time caused by service actions.
- » Create and set up the elements of service subscription functionality.
- » Create a subscription and service subscription transactions.
- » Create a service subscription fee transaction.
- » Create invoices and credit transactions.
- » Accrue revenue from a subscription fee transaction.
- » Create service orders by using Enterprise Portal.
- » Edit the service orders in Enterprise Portal.
- » View and create repair lines in Enterprise Portal.
- » Manage web service orders.
Back to Top
- Module 1: Introduction
- Overview of the Course Chapters
- Module 2: Service Agreements
- Building Up of the Service Agreements Form
- The Service Agreement Header
- Creating the Service Agreement Header
- Creating Service Objects and Service Task Relations
- Service Agreement Lines
- Copying Lines into Service Agreement
- Creating a Service Agreement from a Sales Order
- Lab : Create a Service Agreement
- Lab : Copy lines into a Service Agreement
- Module 3: Service Orders
- Building a Service Orders Form
- Defining the Settings for Service Order Creation
- Service Management Parameters
- Service Stages
- Creating Service Orders Manually
- Creating Service Orders Automatically
- Creating a Service Order from a Sales Order
- Items Requirements, and Canceling and Deleting Service Orders
- Posting Service Orders
- Invoicing Service Orders
- Lab : Create and Process a Manually Created Service Order
- Lab : Create Service Orders Automatically
- Module 4: Service Level Agreements
- Service Level Agreement Overview
- Setting Up Service Level Agreement
- Time Recording
- Service Level Agreement and Service Order
- Lab : Set Up a Service Level Agreement
- Module 5: Service Dispatcher
- Service Dispatcher Overview
- Generating Activity
- Setting Up Service Dispatcher
- Dispatch Board
- Lab : Generate Activities
- Module 6: Repair in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
- Setting Up Symptom Areas, Symptom Codes and Conditions
- Setting Up Diagnosis Areas, Diagnosis Codes, and Resolutions.
- Setting Up Repair Stages
- Repair Lines
- Creating Service Order Transactions for Repairs
- Lab : Create a Repair Line and Register Service Order Transactions
- Module 7: Service Management Bill of Materials
- Creating a Template BOM
- Creating a Service BOM
- Updating a Service BOM
- Creating a Service Order Lines from a BOM
- Lab : Create Service BOM Version
- Module 8: Service Subscription
- The Elements of the Service Subscription System
- Creating a Subscription
- Creating a Subscription Fee Transactions
- Creating Subscription Type Transactions
- Subscription Indexing
- Adjusting subscription transactions
- Invoicing Subscription Fee Transactions
- Creating Credit Notes for Subscription Transactions
- Accruing Revenue on Subscription Fee Transactions
- Lab : Create a Subscription, a Subscription Transaction, and Accrue the Transaction
- Lab : Reverse Subscription Accruals
- Module 9: Using the Enterprise Portal for Service Management
- Service Management Area for Technician in the Enterprise Portal
- Customer Self-Service Portal
- Web Service Orders
- Lab : Create a Service Order
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
David is a hands-on, dynamic and experienced financial systems consultant with successful work history of implementing large scale ERP systems, managing and directly responsible for data migration, financial report validation and customization, end-user training, process documentation and automation.
David has been a trainer for more 21 years.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University.
- Over 9 years of experience as a Master Certified Trainer. Expert in MS Dynamics GP Financials, Installation, HR/Payroll, Project Accounting, Inventory and Integration Manager.
- Project Manager to various MS Dynamics Great Plains implementations.
Ginger holds a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University. Her career started as an Auditor for Deloitte & Touch and over the years she developed her passion for Microsoft Dynamics, implementing Dynamics GP and Project Cost in the Professional Services, Commercial Real Estate and Medical Facilities vertical markets.
Ginger's experience with Microsoft Dynamics is unparalleled. As a Certified Master Dynamics trainer, she stays abreast of the latest Dynamics modules and shares experience with a very hands-on training technique at NetCom Learning.
- Over 25 years of experience working as Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor.
- Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at the University of Phoenix since 2007.
- Microsoft Certifications in Financials, Trade & Logistics, Production and Human Resources Management as well as Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since 2009.
Lynn is a very accomplished Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor with over 25 years of experience. She has been a Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2009 and a Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at University of Phoenix since 2007. In addition to several other Microsoft certifications, she is also a specialist in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Lynn has taught several Microsoft Dynamics AX courses at NetCom Learning and is described by her students as very knowledgeable, qualified, and patient with her approach. Her classes are very dynamic and energetic, just as the course per se.
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
- Founder and Managing Partner of Guided Technology Inc. which provides Microsoft
consulting expertise and educational services for corporate and government.
- At Guided Technology, Ron was responsible for creating a strategic roadmap for
First Data Corporation.
- At New York City Department of Finance, as Senior Manager & Design Architect,
Ron designed and implemented IBM Servers collecting $15 billion in tax revenue.
Ron has always enjoyed teaching and instructing others, whether in the installation
process of software and hardware upgrades, or as working as the Head of Training
for Valinor, a Microsoft Consulting Partner, where Ron managed the company's
training centers and worked as a Senior Instructor (MCT).
In addition to working in the management level of the business and software
consulting market for over 18 years, Ron also worked as a Surface Warfare Officer
and Weapons Officer in the United States Navy, serving two tours of duty. He served
aboard the USS Tuscaloosa from 1984 -1987, and participated in two Western Pacific
Ron loves basketball and played on Trinity College's varsity basketball team for all
four years of college.
Back to Top