80305+80306+80339: Supply Chain Management, Distribution & Trade and Bill of Materials in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Accelerated
The first part of this course provides students with the necessary tools and resources to perform basic tasks in the trade and inventory flow in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
80305A: Supply Chain Foundation in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
80339A: Bill of Materials in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
80306A: Distribution and Trade in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
The second part introduces advanced Trade & Logistics functionality. This part builds on information provided in the Supply Chain Foundation in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 course.
Furthermore, the course introduces the features of Bill of Materials functionality in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
The following courses are covered:
- » This course is intended for customers and partners that want to learn more advanced features and functions offered in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Trade and Distribution feature areas. The course is targeted toward sales and purchase managers, salespeople, purchasers, and other users in organizations that are responsible for the setup and administration of trade and logistics, inventory management, and quarantine management functionality.
- » The class is targeted toward sales and purchase managers, salespeople, and purchasers, and other people in organizations responsible for the setup and administration of trade and logistics, and inventory management functionality.
Back to Top
- » Create products and product masters.
- » Discuss how to authorize product setup for legal entities.
- » Discuss how to define a not stocked product.
- » Create purchase orders and sales orders.
- » Generate purchase and sales transactions.
- » Create and correct packing slip and product receipts.
- » Assign and manage serial and batch numbers
- » Set up quality control.
- » Use quality orders.
- » Set up quality management.
- » Understand non conformances.
- » Create and process an inventory adjustment and inventory movement journal.
- » Create and process a transfer journal.
- » Create and process a Bill of Materials (BOM) journal.
- » Understand how to use journals to make inventory adjustments.
- » Understand how to use the Counting journal to support and adjust physical inventory counts.
- » Allow for over/under delivery of goods.
- » Assign charges.
- » Set up and manage quarantine management functionality.
- » Recognize the pick process.
- » Register serialized and batch inventory.
- » Reverse and split a pick.
- » Edit Item dimensions during picking.
- » Create Vendor returns, Return actions, and Manage Customer returns.
- » Manually reserve inventory.
- » Set up automatic and explosion inventory reservation.
- » Query, cancel, or change a reservation.
- » Set up, activate, and modify Customer and Vendor trade agreements.
- » Understand Customer and Vendor Price/Discount groups.
- » Set up and use Supplementary items.
- » Work with sales quotations.
- » Define various sales quotation functions.
- » Set up transfer orders.
- » Create a transfer order.
- » Pick items before transfer between warehouses.
- » Transfer items between warehouses.
- » Set up the elements of a commission agreement.
- » View commission transactions from a financially updated sales order.
- » Understand the ABC Inventory Classification System.
- » Understand how to use the Physical inventory by inventory dimension report.
- » Understand how to use reports in forecasting sales and purchase expectations.
- » Understand the Bill of Material Creation Process.
- » Explain the concepts of BOMs in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- » Describe the different BOM forms.
- » Describe the standard BOM creation process.
- » Create simple BOMs by using the Bills of Materials form.
- » Create and edit BOMs by using the BOM designer.
- » Describe the concept and purpose of BOM versions.
- » Create BOMs from the Released products list page.
- » Describe how to activate BOM versions.
- » Describe how to copy and change BOM versions.
- » Describe how to use the Bills of Materials form to assign and create BOM versions.
- » Create and edit BOMs by using the BOM designer.
- » Describe and create a quantity dependent BOM.
- » Explain validity dates and sub-BOMs on BOM component lines.
- » Describe the purpose and advantages of BOM and Item configurations.
- » Describe the purpose, use, and setup of configuration groups, routes, and rules.
- » Describe, set up, and use Item configurations.
- » Explain the BOM calculation structure.
- » Describe and set up Cost groups, Profit settings, and Calculation groups.
- » Set up and view costing versions - planned cost and BOM calculations with the Summary and Complete functions.
- » Explain the Calculation for a costing version form.
- » Run and review cost and sales price calculations.
- » Explain BOM calculation Explosion mode and Stop Explosion.
- » Create a sales order by using a configurable BOM.
- » View the BOM structure from a sales order.
- » Explode a BOM from a sales order.
- » Calculate a BOM from a sales order.
- » Describe and set up scrap parameters:
- » Constant and variable scrap on the BOM
- » BOM calculations by using scrap
- » Explain and set up measurement configurations:
- » Consumption calculation
- » Rounding-up
- » Measurement dimensions
- » Conversion factors
- » Perform BOM calculations by using measurements.
- » Explain the purpose of reporting a BOM as finished by using the Max. report as finished form.
- » Access the Report as Finished process, from the following areas:
- » Periodic folder
- » Released products list page
- » BOM journal
- » Describe standard Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 reports:
- » Lines
- » Where-used
- » BOM calculations
- » Describe other BOM functionality:
- » Changing and Checking BOMs
- » Sorting BOM lines
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
David is a hands-on, dynamic and experienced financial systems consultant with successful work history of implementing large scale ERP systems, managing and directly responsible for data migration, financial report validation and customization, end-user training, process documentation and automation.
David has been a trainer for more 21 years.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University.
- Over 9 years of experience as a Master Certified Trainer. Expert in MS Dynamics GP Financials, Installation, HR/Payroll, Project Accounting, Inventory and Integration Manager.
- Project Manager to various MS Dynamics Great Plains implementations.
Ginger holds a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University. Her career started as an Auditor for Deloitte & Touch and over the years she developed her passion for Microsoft Dynamics, implementing Dynamics GP and Project Cost in the Professional Services, Commercial Real Estate and Medical Facilities vertical markets.
Ginger's experience with Microsoft Dynamics is unparalleled. As a Certified Master Dynamics trainer, she stays abreast of the latest Dynamics modules and shares experience with a very hands-on training technique at NetCom Learning.
- Over 25 years of experience working as Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor.
- Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at the University of Phoenix since 2007.
- Microsoft Certifications in Financials, Trade & Logistics, Production and Human Resources Management as well as Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since 2009.
Lynn is a very accomplished Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor with over 25 years of experience. She has been a Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2009 and a Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at University of Phoenix since 2007. In addition to several other Microsoft certifications, she is also a specialist in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Lynn has taught several Microsoft Dynamics AX courses at NetCom Learning and is described by her students as very knowledgeable, qualified, and patient with her approach. Her classes are very dynamic and energetic, just as the course per se.
- Founder and Managing Partner of Guided Technology Inc. which provides Microsoft
consulting expertise and educational services for corporate and government.
- At Guided Technology, Ron was responsible for creating a strategic roadmap for
First Data Corporation.
- At New York City Department of Finance, as Senior Manager & Design Architect,
Ron designed and implemented IBM Servers collecting $15 billion in tax revenue.
Ron has always enjoyed teaching and instructing others, whether in the installation
process of software and hardware upgrades, or as working as the Head of Training
for Valinor, a Microsoft Consulting Partner, where Ron managed the company's
training centers and worked as a Senior Instructor (MCT).
In addition to working in the management level of the business and software
consulting market for over 18 years, Ron also worked as a Surface Warfare Officer
and Weapons Officer in the United States Navy, serving two tours of duty. He served
aboard the USS Tuscaloosa from 1984 -1987, and participated in two Western Pacific
Ron loves basketball and played on Trinity College's varsity basketball team for all
four years of college.
Back to Top