80299A: What's New - Technical in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 for Development
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with an introduction to the new features and functionality in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. The purpose of this course is to introduce new features so that participants can learn about the main differences in the software since the last version. This course does not cover functionality that has not changed since the earlier versions of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. It assumes course participants have baseline knowledge of the earlier version.
- » This course is intended for experienced systems consultants typically working for a Microsoft Dynamics partner that is selling, consulting, implementing, and supporting Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Back to Top
- » Describe the new interface elements in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- » Understand how to use the organization model, and its importance in the implementation process.
- » Use and update the help system.
- » Describe the Microsoft Office Add-Ins in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- » View work items that are based on specific business documents in one location.
- » Discuss improvements made to the document handling feature in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- » Understand how to set up alert rules to work across all organizational structures.
- » Understand the different options available when you migrate data between environments.
- » Explain the new features and benefits of the Global Address Book (GAB).
- » Understand the code upgrade process.
- » Demonstrate Models and the SQL Server-based Model repository.
- » Discuss the separation of the developer from the application experience as a new workspace.
- » Understand the improvements made to the X++ Editor.
- » Explain the deployment of label files within a model store.
- » Understand how to browse type hierarchies in the application model. This includes table inheritance, by using the Type Hierarchy Browser and Type Hierarchy Context window.
- » Discuss the improvements made to the Reverse Engineering Tool.
- » Understand the improvements made to the Visual Studio Tools for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- » Write business logic in managed code and integrate with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- » Understand the features that are introduced in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 to support the data normalization initiative.
- » Discuss date effectiveness and learn how to build date effective forms.
- » Discuss the Unit Of Work concept and learn how to enable a group of tables to be treated as a single transaction.
- » Discuss the additional improvements made to the data access framework including, Temp DB tables, data caching, query framework, full-text search and effects of disabling tables.
- » Explain how the concept of eventing lets the user use a publisher and subscriber model when manifesting changes occurring in the X++ application.
- » Understand how services lets the clients interact with and retrieve system information.
- » Explain how integration ports help streamlines service deployment.
- » Understand the architectural changes in Services and Application Integration Framework (AIF).
- » Discuss the improvements made for Enterprise Portal setup and deployment.
- » Discuss the improvements for Enterprise Portal security.
- » Explain the new user experience and additional user control components in Enterprise Portal.
- » Understand how the Business Connectivity Services provides an easy way to integrate Microsoft Dynamics AX business data with SharePoint to provide solutions for end users without writing any code.
- » Provide an overview for the improvements made to the security framework and explain Role-based Security.
- » Discuss the benefits of the Role-based Security framework.
- » Describe the extensible data security framework.
- » Explain the improvements made to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Workflow.
- » Discuss the new graphical Workflow Editor which is used to model workflows by arranging elements similarly to how a business process is graphically modeled using Microsoft Visio.
- » Discuss how to implement a line-item workflow.
- » Explain the high-level improvements to Analytics in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- » Understand the developer experience improvements.
- » Explain the SQL Server Reporting Services report capabilities in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- » Understand the features added for Visual Studio Reporting Tools for Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Back to Top
- Module 1: Overview
- New User Interface Elements
- Organizational Model
- Help System
- Microsoft Office Add-Ins
- Work Items
- Document Handling
- Global Address Book
- Code Upgrade
- Module 2: MorphX
- Model Repository
- Development Workspace
- X++ Editor
- Label Files in MorphX
- Type Hierarchy Views
- Reverse Engineering Tool
- Module 3: Development with Visual Studio
- Visual Studio Tools
- Managed Code
- Module 4: Data Access
- Relational Modeling
- Date Effectiveness
- Unit of Work
- Data Access Framework
- Module 5: Service and Application Integration
- Inbound and Outbound Ports
- Module 6: Enterprise Portal Framework
- Deployment and Setup
- User Experience
- Enterprise Search and Business Data Connectivity Service
- Module 7: Security
- Role-based Security Overview
- Role-based Security Benefits
- Extensible Data Security Framework
- Module 8: Workflow
- Workflow Editor
- Line-Item Workflows
- Module 9: Analytics
- Development Information
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
David is a hands-on, dynamic and experienced financial systems consultant with successful work history of implementing large scale ERP systems, managing and directly responsible for data migration, financial report validation and customization, end-user training, process documentation and automation.
David has been a trainer for more 21 years.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University.
- Over 9 years of experience as a Master Certified Trainer. Expert in MS Dynamics GP Financials, Installation, HR/Payroll, Project Accounting, Inventory and Integration Manager.
- Project Manager to various MS Dynamics Great Plains implementations.
Ginger holds a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University. Her career started as an Auditor for Deloitte & Touch and over the years she developed her passion for Microsoft Dynamics, implementing Dynamics GP and Project Cost in the Professional Services, Commercial Real Estate and Medical Facilities vertical markets.
Ginger's experience with Microsoft Dynamics is unparalleled. As a Certified Master Dynamics trainer, she stays abreast of the latest Dynamics modules and shares experience with a very hands-on training technique at NetCom Learning.
- Over 25 years of experience working as Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor.
- Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at the University of Phoenix since 2007.
- Microsoft Certifications in Financials, Trade & Logistics, Production and Human Resources Management as well as Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since 2009.
Lynn is a very accomplished Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor with over 25 years of experience. She has been a Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2009 and a Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at University of Phoenix since 2007. In addition to several other Microsoft certifications, she is also a specialist in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Lynn has taught several Microsoft Dynamics AX courses at NetCom Learning and is described by her students as very knowledgeable, qualified, and patient with her approach. Her classes are very dynamic and energetic, just as the course per se.
- Founder and Managing Partner of Guided Technology Inc. which provides Microsoft
consulting expertise and educational services for corporate and government.
- At Guided Technology, Ron was responsible for creating a strategic roadmap for
First Data Corporation.
- At New York City Department of Finance, as Senior Manager & Design Architect,
Ron designed and implemented IBM Servers collecting $15 billion in tax revenue.
Ron has always enjoyed teaching and instructing others, whether in the installation
process of software and hardware upgrades, or as working as the Head of Training
for Valinor, a Microsoft Consulting Partner, where Ron managed the company's
training centers and worked as a Senior Instructor (MCT).
In addition to working in the management level of the business and software
consulting market for over 18 years, Ron also worked as a Surface Warfare Officer
and Weapons Officer in the United States Navy, serving two tours of duty. He served
aboard the USS Tuscaloosa from 1984 -1987, and participated in two Western Pacific
Ron loves basketball and played on Trinity College's varsity basketball team for all
four years of college.
Back to Top