80164: Whats New - Application in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 for Finance, PA, Case Mgmt., HRM and Public Sector
This one-day instructor-led course provides students with an introduction to the new features and functionality in the Finance, Project Management and Accounting, Case Management, Human Resource Management, and Public Sector feature areas in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
The purpose of this course is to introduce new features so that participants can learn about the main differences in the software since the last version.
This course does not cover functionality that has not changed since the earlier versions of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- » This course is intended for experienced systems consultants that are typically working for a Microsoft Dynamics partner that is selling, consulting, implementing, and supporting Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Back to Top
- » Describe the new interface elements in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- » Describe changes to the organization model.
- » Use and update the help system.
- » Describe the Microsoft Office Add-Ins in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- » View the control library and manually create new controls.
- » Set up a prepayment, post a prepayment, make a payment, and settle it against the final invoice for a purchase order.
- » Setup tolerances and explain how the settings affect the purchase order invoice process.
- » Explain how to organize work, document actions, communicate with customers, and take actions for collections management
- » Review the improvements made to the free text invoice form for creating and posting free text invoices.
- » Enable dimensions in an account structure for budget usage.
- » Explain how to define rules and specify attributes for budget control.
- » Review the process for posting encumbrances to the general ledger to track liabilities related to confirmed purchase orders.
- » Define different travel requests, expense reports, and other expense related workflow approvals.
- » Explain how to create a new currency, and setup exchange rates.
- » Create shared fiscal calendars for use by different entities.
- » Create financial dimensions from custom lists and existing sources.
- » Explain how to create chart of account structures and link them to the chart of accounts.
- » Set up budget controls, and create and revise budgets.
- » Create, assign, plan, resolve, follow up on, and analyze cases for a customer in the Microsoft Dynamics Rich Client.
- » Discuss improvements to the worker hiring and termination processes.
- » Create and manage incidents related to worker illness and injuries.
- » Review the features and benefits of the public sector industry solution.
Back to Top
- Module 1: Overview
- New User Interface Elements
- Organizational Model
- Help System
- Microsoft Office Add-Ins
- Work Items
- Documents Handling
- Global Address Book
- Interest Terms and Date Ranges
- Post-Dated Checks
- Module 2: Compliance and Internal Control
- Default Control Library
- Import and Mapping Wizard
- Module 3: Accounts Payable
- Prepaid Purchase Orders
- Invoice Matching Task for Workflow
- Vendor Invoice Processing Workflow
- Invoice Matching Improvements
- Module 4: Accounts Receivable
- Managing Collections and Collection Agents
- Free Text Invoice Improvements
- Free Text Invoice Quantities and Unit Prices
- Module 5: Budgeting
- Workflows for Budget Register Entries
- Dimensions for Budgets
- Configuring Budget Control
- Using Budget Control
- Budget Amounts
- Budget Reporting
- Budget Transaction Web Services
- Module 6: Travel and Expense
- Expense Report Improvements
- Budgetary Control
- Travel and Expense Policies
- Credit Card Dispute Management
- Module 7: General Ledger
- Currencies and Exchange Rate Setup
- Shared Fiscal Calendars
- Subledger Accounting
- Accounting Distributions
- Financial Dimensions
- Multiple Charts of Accounts
- Advanced Rule Structures for Ledger Posting
- Commitment Accounting
- Module 8: Project Management and Accounting
- Project Timesheets
- Allocate Project Revenue
- Project Budgeting
- Module 9: Case Management
- Case Management in the Client
- Case Management in Enterprise Portal
- Knowledge Articles
- Module 10: Human Resources Management
- Shared Worker Information
- Hiring Workers and Terminating Workers
- Application and Recruiting Improvements
- Department and Position Improvements
- Injury and Illness
- Module 11: Public Sector
- Public Sector Feature Overview
- Accounts Receivable Features
- Budgeting Features
- General Ledger Features
- Procurement and Accounts Payable Features
- Public Sector Reports Overview
- Public Sector Role Center Overview
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
David is a hands-on, dynamic and experienced financial systems consultant with successful work history of implementing large scale ERP systems, managing and directly responsible for data migration, financial report validation and customization, end-user training, process documentation and automation.
David has been a trainer for more 21 years.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University.
- Over 9 years of experience as a Master Certified Trainer. Expert in MS Dynamics GP Financials, Installation, HR/Payroll, Project Accounting, Inventory and Integration Manager.
- Project Manager to various MS Dynamics Great Plains implementations.
Ginger holds a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University. Her career started as an Auditor for Deloitte & Touch and over the years she developed her passion for Microsoft Dynamics, implementing Dynamics GP and Project Cost in the Professional Services, Commercial Real Estate and Medical Facilities vertical markets.
Ginger's experience with Microsoft Dynamics is unparalleled. As a Certified Master Dynamics trainer, she stays abreast of the latest Dynamics modules and shares experience with a very hands-on training technique at NetCom Learning.
- Over 25 years of experience working as Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor.
- Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at the University of Phoenix since 2007.
- Microsoft Certifications in Financials, Trade & Logistics, Production and Human Resources Management as well as Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since 2009.
Lynn is a very accomplished Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor with over 25 years of experience. She has been a Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2009 and a Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at University of Phoenix since 2007. In addition to several other Microsoft certifications, she is also a specialist in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Lynn has taught several Microsoft Dynamics AX courses at NetCom Learning and is described by her students as very knowledgeable, qualified, and patient with her approach. Her classes are very dynamic and energetic, just as the course per se.
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
- Founder and Managing Partner of Guided Technology Inc. which provides Microsoft
consulting expertise and educational services for corporate and government.
- At Guided Technology, Ron was responsible for creating a strategic roadmap for
First Data Corporation.
- At New York City Department of Finance, as Senior Manager & Design Architect,
Ron designed and implemented IBM Servers collecting $15 billion in tax revenue.
Ron has always enjoyed teaching and instructing others, whether in the installation
process of software and hardware upgrades, or as working as the Head of Training
for Valinor, a Microsoft Consulting Partner, where Ron managed the company's
training centers and worked as a Senior Instructor (MCT).
In addition to working in the management level of the business and software
consulting market for over 18 years, Ron also worked as a Surface Warfare Officer
and Weapons Officer in the United States Navy, serving two tours of duty. He served
aboard the USS Tuscaloosa from 1984 -1987, and participated in two Western Pacific
Ron loves basketball and played on Trinity College's varsity basketball team for all
four years of college.
Back to Top