80163: What's New - Application in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 for Supply Chain Management, and Manufacturing
This one-day instructor-led course provides students with an introduction to the new features and functionality in the Supply Chain Management and Manufacturing feature areas of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
The purpose of this course is to introduce new features so that participants can learn about the main differences in the software since the last version.
This course does not cover functionality that has not changed since the earlier versions of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- » This course is intended for experienced systems consultants that are typically working for a Microsoft Dynamics partner that is selling, consulting, implementing, and supporting Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Back to Top
- » Describe the new interface elements in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- » Describe changes to the organization model.
- » Use and update the help system.
- » Describe the Microsoft Office Add-Ins in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- » View work items that are based on specific business documents in one location.
- » Review improvements made to the document handling feature in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- » Set up alert rules to work across all organizational structures.
- » Discuss the decoupling of order management processes from inventory.
- » Describe the required conversion directions and conditions for non-stocked items.
- » Describe the concept of products.
- » Describe the variant configuration technology types.
- » Describe the concept of product masters and their variants.
- » Create and release products to an enterprise.
- » Discuss how to finalize a released product.
- » Describe sales and purchase agreement work.
- » Discuss how to create sales and purchase agreements.
- » Define sales and purchase agreements.
- » Discuss how to use agreements when you create orders.
- » Discuss how to follow up on agreements.
- » Describe improvements in trade agreements.
- » Describe the changes in intercompany setup.
- » View intercompany goods in transit reports
- » Describe intercompany planning changes.
- » Describe change management for purchase orders.
- » Discuss how to set up a delivery schedule on a purchase order.
- » Discuss the purpose and usage of purchasing policies.
- » Discuss category management, catalogs, and employee purchasing.
- » Describe the purchase requisition process from preparation through review, to purchase order generation.
- » Describe purchase requisition consolidation.
- » Discuss vendor management and the vendor self-service portal.
- » Discuss business rules for fixed assets.
- » Describe how resource requirements are defined on routes.
- » Discuss how to perform resource scheduling and describe the basic resource allocation principles.
- » Describe the concept of using a period template to define schedules.
- » Describe a new way to model Lean Manufacturing based on production flows.
- » View the kanban boards and its controls.
- » Describe mixed mode manufacturing.
- » Discuss event driven kanbans and the single piece flow.
- » Explain subcontracting.
- » View the workflow for worker registrations.
- » Describe the supervisor options available in manufacturing execution for moving jobs, prioritizing jobs, and correcting jobs.
- » Discuss how Touch Enabled Registration works.
- » Discuss how to set up and work with Document groups.
- » Provide an overview of list pages in time and attendance and manufacturing execution.
- » Discuss how to build a product configuration model.
- » Describe how to prepare and release a model to sales.
- » Discuss how to use a product configuration tool for sales orders.
- » Review the features and benefits of the process industries solution.
Back to Top
- Module 1: Overview
- New User Interface Elements
- Organizational Model
- Help System
- Microsoft Office Add-Ins
- Work Items
- Documents Handling
- Decouple Order Management from Inventory Control
- Module 2: Product Information Management
- Configuration Technologies
- Product Masters and Product Variants
- Releasing Products
- Finalizing Released Products
- Module 3: Agreements
- Sales and Purchase Agreements
- Trade Agreement Improvements
- Module 4: Intercompany
- Intercompany Setup
- Intercompany Reports
- Intercompany Planning
- Module 5: Procurement and Sourcing
- Purchase Order and Change Management
- Purchasing Delivery Schedule
- Purchasing Policies
- Catalog and Procurement Site
- Purchase Requisition Enhancements
- Purchase requisition Consolidation
- Vendor Management
- Business Rules for Fixed Assets
- Module 6: Manufacturing and Scheduling
- Operations Resource Model
- Resource Scheduling Improvements
- Period Templates
- Module 7: Lean Manufacturing
- Production Flow
- Kanban Board
- Mixed Mode
- Event Kanbans
- Module 8: Time and Attendance, and Manufacturing Execution
- Time and Attendance
- Manufacturing Execution
- Common Features
- Module 9: Product Configurator
- Build a Product Configuration Model
- Prepare a Model for Release
- Product Configuration
- Module 10: Process Manufacturing
- Process manufacturing feature overview
- Catch weight
- Product information management improvements
- Inventory and warehousing management improvements
- Procurement and sourcing and Sales and marketing improvements
- Production control and Master planning improvements
- Process industries reports overview
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
David is a hands-on, dynamic and experienced financial systems consultant with successful work history of implementing large scale ERP systems, managing and directly responsible for data migration, financial report validation and customization, end-user training, process documentation and automation.
David has been a trainer for more 21 years.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University.
- Over 9 years of experience as a Master Certified Trainer. Expert in MS Dynamics GP Financials, Installation, HR/Payroll, Project Accounting, Inventory and Integration Manager.
- Project Manager to various MS Dynamics Great Plains implementations.
Ginger holds a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University. Her career started as an Auditor for Deloitte & Touch and over the years she developed her passion for Microsoft Dynamics, implementing Dynamics GP and Project Cost in the Professional Services, Commercial Real Estate and Medical Facilities vertical markets.
Ginger's experience with Microsoft Dynamics is unparalleled. As a Certified Master Dynamics trainer, she stays abreast of the latest Dynamics modules and shares experience with a very hands-on training technique at NetCom Learning.
- Over 25 years of experience working as Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor.
- Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at the University of Phoenix since 2007.
- Microsoft Certifications in Financials, Trade & Logistics, Production and Human Resources Management as well as Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since 2009.
Lynn is a very accomplished Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor with over 25 years of experience. She has been a Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2009 and a Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at University of Phoenix since 2007. In addition to several other Microsoft certifications, she is also a specialist in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Lynn has taught several Microsoft Dynamics AX courses at NetCom Learning and is described by her students as very knowledgeable, qualified, and patient with her approach. Her classes are very dynamic and energetic, just as the course per se.
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
- Founder and Managing Partner of Guided Technology Inc. which provides Microsoft
consulting expertise and educational services for corporate and government.
- At Guided Technology, Ron was responsible for creating a strategic roadmap for
First Data Corporation.
- At New York City Department of Finance, as Senior Manager & Design Architect,
Ron designed and implemented IBM Servers collecting $15 billion in tax revenue.
Ron has always enjoyed teaching and instructing others, whether in the installation
process of software and hardware upgrades, or as working as the Head of Training
for Valinor, a Microsoft Consulting Partner, where Ron managed the company's
training centers and worked as a Senior Instructor (MCT).
In addition to working in the management level of the business and software
consulting market for over 18 years, Ron also worked as a Surface Warfare Officer
and Weapons Officer in the United States Navy, serving two tours of duty. He served
aboard the USS Tuscaloosa from 1984 -1987, and participated in two Western Pacific
Ron loves basketball and played on Trinity College's varsity basketball team for all
four years of college.
Back to Top