Symmetrix VMAX Business Continuity Management
In this course, you will gain the knowledge required to deploy and manage Symmetrix-based local and remote replication solutions for business continuity needs. Operational details and implementation considerations for EMC TimeFinder, SRDF, and Open Replicator are covered. Lessons include considerations for and performing local and remote replication operations in physical and virtualized environments.
Hands-on lab exercises using Symmetrix Command Line Interface (SYMCLI) and Unisphere for VMAX provide you with the opportunity to learn and validate the material covered in the lectures. Lab exercises will be performed in physical (Sun Solaris and Windows 2008) and virtualized (VMware ESXi) environments. Servers will be SAN attached to Symmetrix VMAX series arrays.
- » EMC personnel, customers, and partners involved in implementing and managing local and remote replication solutions for business continuity using TimeFinder, SRDF, and Open Replicator in an Open Systems environment.
Back to Top
- » Perform TimeFinder/Clone and TimeFinder/Snap operations with SYMCLI and SMC
- » Unisphere for VMAX in physical and virtualized environments
- » Perform SRDF operations in Synchronous (SRDF/S) and Asynchronous (SRDF/A) modes using SYMCLI and Unisphere for VMAX - in physical and virtualized environments
- » Perform Open Replicator for Symmetrix (ORS) data replication in hot/cold, push, and pull scenarios
- » Describe the use of Unisphere for VMAX for performing local and remote replication operations
Back to Top
- Symmetrix Business Continuity Concepts
- Device Groups, Consistency Groups, and Device Files
- VMware Storage Presentation Methods
- Host Considerations when Accessing Replicated Devices in Physical and Virtual Environments
- TimeFinder/Clone and TimeFinder VP Snap Operations
- TimeFinder VP Snap
- TimeFinder/Clone Operations in a Virtualized Environment - Replicating a VMFS Datastore
- TimeFinder/Clone Operations in a Virtualized Environment - Replicating a VM Accessing RDM Hard Disks
- Using Unisphere for VMAX to perform TimeFinder/Clone and TimeFinder VP Snap Operations
- TimeFinder/Snap Operations
- TimeFinder/Snap Overview and Considerations
- Managing TimeFinder/Snap Using SYMCLI
- Using Unisphere for VMAX for TimeFinder/Snap Operations
- SRDF/Synchronous Operations
- SRDF Initial Setup Operations
- SRDF Disaster Recovery Operations
- SRDF Decision Support/Concurrent Operations
- SRDF/S for VMFS Disaster Recovery
- SRDF/S Disaster Recovery for a VM Accessing RDM Hard Disks
- Using Unisphere for VMAX to Perform SRDF/S Operations
- SRDF/Asynchronous Operations
- SRDF/A Overview and Operations
- SRDF/A Resiliency Features
- SRDF/A Multi-Session Consistency
- SRDF/A Consistency Exempt Feature
- Open Replicator for Symmetrix Operational Details
- Open Replicator Overview and Modes of Operation
- Zoning and LUN Masking Requirements
- Using SYMCLI to Perform ORS Operations
- Using Unisphere for VMAX to Perform ORS Operations
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Our instructors are passionate at teaching and are experts in their respective fields. Our average NetCom instructor has many, many years of real-world experience and impart their priceless, valuable knowledge to our students every single day.
See our world-class instructors.
Back to Top