Wired & Wireless Prime Infrastructure Management v1.0 - WWPIM
This course combines the critical concepts of both the WMNGI and WMUAPI courses. During this course, you will explore the application visibility and control capabilities of Cisco Prime Infrastructure (PI) through monitoring and troubleshooting problems on the network. The course puts the user in the context of a realistic customer scenario, and covers every aspect of Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0's lifecycle management approach. You will create sites and maps, deploy configurations, perform device discovery, as well as learn to set alarms and troubleshoot network and application issues.
This course is designed to prepare you to use the Cisco PI management products and applications to configure, administer, manage, troubleshoot, and optimize the network. This course is a classroom based instructor-led class that offers in-depth instructor-assisted hands-on labs, which cover controller firmware release 7.5 MR1 as well as Cisco PI software release 2.0. All labs are hands-on labs via remote access, using real Cisco gear.
Beginning with a high-level overview of the Cisco PI product line, you will examine product functions, components, capabilities, and features. You will learn where to locate installation procedures for both the access point (AP) and their associated Wireless LAN Controllers (WLCs), and then properly install the PI hardware appropriate to site and use requirements. You will look at ways to administer CUWN, 802.11 security policies, and QoS appropriately to protect and optimize performance on the wireless network. You will configure and implement key PI security features to mitigate WLAN security threats. You will conclude training by learning how to utilize recommended troubleshooting methodology and the various tools available to gather and assess system data to isolate equipment failures and security threats.
- » T engineers, administrators, or managers, including:
- » Sales Engineers
- » Field engineers
- » Technical support professionals
- » Network managers
- » Security team members
- » Administrators
Back to Top
- » Experience in wired and wireless network management
- » Experience with wired and wireless network management terminology
- » Completed the Cisco Introducing Prime Infrastructure v2.0 eLearning course (available for free on Cisco's website under the Partner Education Connection page)
Back to Top
- » Architecture, licensing, migration capabilities, assurance, compliance features, and setup of Cisco PI 2.0
- » Predeployment and design tasks in the design lifecycle phase
- » Deploying device configurations with Cisco PI
- » Various available templates and their capabilities and how to create configurations and deploy them
- » Roles of operations workforce and applicable features of Cisco PI
- » Device discovery and configuration tasks
- » Monitoring and management capabilities of Cisco PI
- » Create monitoring templates, and perform health and performance monitoring
- » Use PI to troubleshoot and perform problem isolation
- » Create and customize a wide range of reports using PI 2.0
Back to Top
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure Introduction
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure Overview
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure Lifecycle Theme
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure Installation
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure Server Administration
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure Design Lifecycle Design Phase
- Design Phase Overview
- Adding Devices and Creating Groups and Sites
- Creating Templates
- Managing Wireless Network
- Guest Access
- Defining Guest Access Methods
- Configuring Guest Access Features through Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Mobility Services
- Configuring and Integrating the Cisco MSE
- Configuring and Tuning Location Services
- Tracking Mobile Devices
- Supporting Location Services
- Troubleshooting Location Services
- Configuring Cisco Adaptive Wireless IPS
- Connected Mobile Experiences
- Overview of CMX
- Implementing CMX
- Configuring Mobility Services Advertising Protocol
- Application and Device Support
- Overview of Bonjour Services
- Overview of Application Visibility and Control (AVC)
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure Lifecycle Deploy Phase
- Deployment Phase Overview
- Deploying Templates
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure Operate Phase
- Operate Phase Overview
- Device Discovery and Management
- Mobility Work Center
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Using Cisco Prime Infrastructure Reports
- Discovery and Management Functionalities for Network Engineers and Administrators
- Device Work Center Network Assurance
- Monitoring and Management Functionalities for Network Operations Center
- Troubleshooting and Problem Isolation Functionalities for Helpdesk and Support
- Using Cisco Prime Reports
- Creating and Customizing Reports
- Scheduling Reports and Accessing Report Results
- Lab 1: Configuring Guest Access via Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Lab 2: Configuring Location Services
- Lab 3: Using Location Services
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top