Managing Wireless Networks with Cisco Prime Infrastructure - MWNPI
In this course, you will learn how to manage a wireless infrastructure with Cisco Prime Infrastructure inventory and configuration menus. You will learn how to use the map tools to create and use maps to monitor and troubleshoot the wireless network. Using the administration menus, you will manage user access to tasks, functions, and devices in Cisco Prime Infrastructure. In this course, you will explore the use of Cisco Application Visibility and Control (AVC), QoS, Cisco TrustSec identity services on the controller and how to implement them using Cisco Prime Infrastructure. Additionally, you will learn about implementing the guest access feature set and controller based features such as Bonjour Services and AVC using Cisco Prime Infrastructure. The course will explore techniques for monitoring and troubleshooting your network with various Cisco Prime Infrastructure tools and reports.
Note: Please bring a laptop computer with an Ethernet port as well as an internal wireless NIC, 802.11a/b/g/n. Access to the remote labs requires a browser that supports Java and permissions to open RDP or encrypted (RDP443) RDP sessions. If your browser does not support Java, you will need administrator rights to the laptop to install software
- » Knowledge of wireless networks and wireless networking terminology (equivalent to a CCNA Wireless certification)
Back to Top
- » Fundamental network management concepts and introduce the features of Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- » Manage the inventory with Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- » Map the network using the tools in Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- » Manage user access to tasks, functions, and devices in Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- » Work with Cisco AVC, QoS, and deploy Cisco TrustSec identity services using Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- » Configure the guest access feature set
- » Implement controller based features such as Bonjour Services and AVC through Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- » Monitor and troubleshoot your network with Cisco Prime Infrastructure
Back to Top
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure Overview
- Defining Network Management
- Exploring the Network Management Process
- Introducing Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Getting Started with Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Inventory Management
- Populating the Network Inventory
- Managing the Network Inventory
- Managing Groups
- Managing Network Device Software Images
- Map the Wireless Network
- Managing Wireless Maps
- Configuring and Integrating the Cisco MSE
- Configuring and Tuning Location Services
- Tracking Mobile Clients
- Managing Network Topology Maps
- Managing Role-based Access Control
- Managing Virtual Domains
- Managing Local User Authentication and Authorization
- Managing Remote AAA Mode Settings
- Configuration Management
- Managing the Configuration Archive
- Managing Configuration Templates for Wired Devices
- Managing Configuration Templates for Wireless Devices
- Managing Wireless Converged Access
- Using Plug and Play
- Managing Guest Access
- Defining Guest Access Methods
- Configuring Guest Access Features through Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Configuring Guest Access for Converged Access Wireless
- Application and Device Support
- Overview of Bonjour Services
- Overview of Application Visibility and Control (AVC)
- Monitor and Troubleshoot
- Monitoring Devices and Interfaces
- Monitoring the Wireless Network
- Monitoring Applications
- Monitoring Security wIPS
- Tracking Clients and Users
- Using Cisco Prime Infrastructure Reports
- Lab 1: Access Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Lab 2: Populate the Network Inventory
- Lab 3: Manage the Network Inventory
- Lab 4: Manage Groups
- Lab 5: Managing Wireless Maps
- Lab 6: Configuring Location Services
- Lab 7: Using Location Services
- Lab 8: Manage Network Topology Maps
- Lab 9: Create a Virtual Domain
- Lab 10: Enable AAA Remote Access
- Lab 11: Manage the Configuration Archive
- Lab 12: Manage Wired Device Templates
- Lab 13: Manage Wireless Device Configuration
- Lab 14: Configuring and Using Lobby Ambassador on Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Lab 15: Configuring Guest Access on Unified Access Wireless LAN Controllers
- Lab 16: Configuring Guest Access on Converged Access Wireless LAN Controllers
- Lab 17: Configuring Bonjour Services
- Lab 18: Enabling Application Visibility and Control in the Wireless Network
- Lab 19: Monitor Devices and Interfaces
- Lab 20: Monitor the Wireless Network
- Lab 21: Track Clients, Users, and Applications
- Lab 22: Generate Reports
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top