Managing Enterprise Networks with Cisco Prime Infrastructure v3.1 - NMENPI
Cisco Prime Infrastructure is a unified solution that allows the aspirants to manage the network, devices, applications, and users from one place thus simplifying the management of both wired and wireless networks. This five day course is designed to establish a strong foundation in managing the full range of Cisco wired and wireless infrastructure using Prime Infrastructure v3.1.
During Managing Enterprise Networks with Cisco Prime Infrastructure v3.1 - NMENPI course, the aspirants will explore the Application Visibility and Control capabilities of Prime Infrastructure through monitoring and troubleshooting problems on the network. This course puts the aspirants in the context of a realistic customer scenario and covers every aspect of Cisco Prime Infrastructure Lifecycle management approach. The aspirants will create sites and maps, deploy configurations, perform device discover, as well as set alarms and troubleshoot network and application issues.
- » This course is designed for IT engineers, administrators or managers that need to know the fundamentals about planning, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining Cisco infrastructures using Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1. This includes systems engineers, field engineers, technical support professionals, network managers, security team members, and administrators.
Back to Top
- » Experience in wired and wireless network management
- » Experience with wired and wireless network management terminology
- » CCNA-Wireless and CCNA-Route/Switch level knowledge
- » Previous training in and/or experience with CiscoWorks, Network Control System (NCS), or Wireless Control System (WCS)
Back to Top
- » Describe the architecture, licensing, migration capabilities, assurance, compliance features, and setup of Cisco Prime Infrastructure v3.1
- » Identify the pre-deployment and design tasks in the design lifecycle phase
- » Describe how to deploy device configurations with Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- » Examine the different available templates and their capabilities and how to create configurations and deploy them using these templates
- » Describe roles of operations workforce and applicable features of Cisco Prime
- » Perform device discover and configuration tasks
- » Explore the monitoring and management capabilities of Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- » Create monitoring templates and perform health and performance monitoring
- » Use Prime Infrastructure to troubleshoot and perform problem isolation and create and customize a wide range of reports using Prime Infrastructure 3.1
Back to Top
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1 Overview
- Defining Network Management
- Exploring the Network Management Process
- Introducing Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1
- Installing Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.1
- Getting Started with Cisco Prime Infrastructure
- Configuring Initial Server Settings
- Managing Virtual Domains and Users
- Inventory Management
- Discovering the Network
- Managing the Network Inventory
- Managing Groups
- Managing Compute Devices
- Managing Network Device Software Images
- Map the Network
- Managing Wireless Maps
- Managing Network Topology Maps
- Configuration Management
- Modifying Configuration Archive Settings
- Managing the Configuration Archive
- Managing Templates for Wired Devices
- Managing Templates for Wireless Devices
- Access and Perform Maintenance on Cisco Prime Infrastructure's CLI
- Managing Users and Virtual Domains
- Configuration and Software Image Management
- Using the Map Editor
- Using the Planning Tool
- Deploying Wired Device Templates
- Configuring Controllers and Access Points Using Templates
- Implementing Application Visibility Control (AVC)
- Configuring Guest Access with Prime Infrastructure
- Configuring Location Services
- Using Location Services
- Customizing a Home Page
- Basic Network Monitoring Using Prime Infrastructure
- Using Reports
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top