Excel 2013 Programming with VBA
This VBA Programming for Excel 2013 training course is designed to give experienced Excel users proficiency in creating procedures that run in response to specific events, working with control structures, developing user forms to accept or display data, validating the data entry in user forms, and debugging and handling errors in code.
- » Advanced Microsoft Excel professionals who need to automate Excel spreadsheet tasks using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
Back to Top
- » Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- » Knowledge of PivotTables helpful but not required.
Back to Top
- » Work with variables and understand data types
- » Understand objects, properties, methods, and events
- » Explore the Excel object hierarchy and use the Object Browser
- » Work with control-of-flow structures
- » Use intrinsic functions
- » Create sub and function procedures
- » Design UserForms and work with controls
- » Control PivotTables programmatically
- » Use debugging tools
- » Add error handling to code
Back to Top
- Getting Started
- Introducing Visual Basic for Applications
- Displaying the Developer Tab in the Ribbon
- Recording a Macro
- Saving a Macro-Enabled Workbook
- Running a Macro
- Editing a Macro in the Visual Basic Editor
- Understanding the Development Environment
- Using Visual Basic Help
- Closing the Visual Basic Editor
- Understanding Macro Security
- Working with Procedures and Functions
- Understanding Modules
- Creating a Standard Module
- Understanding Procedures
- Creating a Sub Procedure
- Calling Procedures
- Using the Immediate Window to Call Procedures
- Creating a Function Procedure
- Naming Procedures
- Working with the Code Editor
- Understanding Objects
- Understanding Objects
- Navigating the Excel Object Hierarchy
- Understanding Collections
- Using the Object Browser
- Working with Properties
- Using the With Statement
- Working with Methods
- Creating an Event Procedure
- Using Expressions, Variables, and Intrinsic Functions
- Understanding Expressions and Statements
- Declaring Variables
- Understanding Data Types
- Working with Variable Scope
- Using Intrinsic Functions
- Understanding Constants
- Using Intrinsic Constants
- Using Message Boxes
- Using Input Boxes
- Declaring and Using Object Variables
- Controlling Program Execution
- Understanding Control-of-Flow Structures
- Working with Boolean Expressions
- Using the If...End If Decision Structures
- Using the Select Case...End Select Structure
- Using the Do...Loop Structure
- Using the For...To...Next Structure
- Using the For Each...Next Structure
- Guidelines for use of Control-of-Flow Structures
- Working with Forms and Controls
- Understanding UserForms
- Using the Toolbox
- Working with UserForm Properties, Events, and Methods
- Understanding Controls
- Setting Control Properties in the Properties Window
- Working with the Label Control
- Working with the Text Box Control
- Working with the Command Button Control
- Working with the Combo Box Control
- Working with the Frame Control
- Working with Option Button Controls
- Working with Control Appearance
- Setting the Tab Order
- Populating a Control
- Adding Code to Controls
- Launching a Form in Code
- Working with the PivotTable Object
- Understanding PivotTables
- Creating a PivotTable Using Worksheet Data
- Working with the PivotTable Objects
- Working with the PivotFields Collection
- Assigning a Macro to the Quick Access Toolbar
- Debugging Code
- Understanding Errors
- Using Debugging Tools
- Setting Breakpoints
- Stepping through Code
- Using Break Mode during Run mode
- Determining the Value of Expressions
- Handling Errors
- Understanding Error Handling
- Understanding VBA's Error Trapping Options
- Trapping Errors with the On Error Statement
- Understanding the Err Object
- Writing an Error-Handling Routine
- Working with Inline Error Handling
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Highly-skilled in graphics and web software including Adobe CS3, CS4 & CS5 Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Captivate, Acrobat and Quark;
- Expert in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2000.
- Over 20 years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations such as McCann Erickson, Lintas, and Publicis.
Carmille has been a Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer for years. She specializes in web development, business productivity and digital media applications such as SharePoint, Quark and the Adobe Creative Suite as well as numerous programming languages including XML, XHMTL, HTML and CSS.
Carmille is passionate about educating and has a unique talent for making complex design and development principals seem "easy" to students from all levels of expertise. She currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, Microsoft Office Specialist, SharePoint End User and the acclaimed Website Development Professional courses at NetCom Learning. Her 20+ years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations bring a special and innovative approach to her classes at NetCom Learning.
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
- Over 32 years of experience as well as 18 certifications, including Cisco, CompTIA, and Microsoft.
- Strong background, with web development & design of infrastructure for companies such as AT&T, Sports Illustrated, and Toys R Us.
- Specialist in applying process and finding solutions to solve them in addition to training people in the skills to manage the process and meet goals.
Jayson is a talented and valued Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) with over 32 years of IT experience. Along with web development & design of infrastructure for companies such as AT&T, Sports Illustrated, and Toys R Us, he holds several IT certifications. He is a CCDA, CCNA, Security+ certified, MCDBA, and MCSE to name a few.
Jayson's focus is on finding solutions to problems and applying process to solve them. He instructs professionals in the skills to manage the process and meet goals, which makes him a respected trainer at NetCom Learning.
- Microsoft Office Specialist with over 14 years of training experience.
- Expert in the IT industry, working in the IT field since 1986.
- Highly rated instructor with an all-time average evaluation score of 8.7 out of 9.
Paul is Subject Matter Expert specializing in the Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint end-user technologies with more than 25 years of practical experience in the IT industry. He is also a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) with over 14 years of training experience.
A sought-after instructor and eternal favorite among students, his instructor feedback scores are among the industry's highest at 8.7 out of 9.0. As a trainer, his knowledge and passion for the subject matter as well as his personable nature, excellent communications skills and sense of humor are implicit in every class. NetCom Learning is proud to have Paul on our roster of IT geniuses.
- IT specialist for over 30 years and Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since 1995.
- Microsoft SharePoint expert since 2001.
- Microsoft Lync Server top instructor.
Richard has been an IT professional for over 30 years and a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since 1995. He has been working with Microsoft SharePoint since the first version was released in 2001; an accomplished courseware designer he was recently selected by Microsoft to contribute to the official SharePoint 2010 courseware. Richard's boot camp students enjoy unprecedented pass-rates and scores on their certification exams.
Richard's specialties include Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange, Windows 7, SQL Server and Windows Server 2008. His latest passion is Microsoft Lync Server, where he is already distinguishing himself as a leading subject matter expert.
- Team leader for the first undergraduate team to win the Duke Startup Challenge.
- Over 15 years of experience in the IT industry.
- NetCom Learning Instructor of the Year 2011.
Sam Polsky has spent his entire career in entrepreneurial pursuits, including such fields as biotechnology, software development, data management, and business process management. He began in entrepreneurship as team leader for the first undergraduate team to win the Duke Startup Challenge, a business development competition geared towards Duke Universitys various graduate schools.
Sam Polsky has since co-founded a consulting firm where he has been involved in software architecture, development and implementation. On top of that, Sam has been delivering acclaimed solutions in software architecture, development and implementation for over 15 years. He is a much-admired Subject Matter Expert and Trainer at NetCom Learning and was voted NetCom Learning Instructor of the Year 2011
- Specialist in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, FrontPage, and Access. Microsoft Office Specialist and Microsoft Office Master.
- Degree in Information and Business Technology from South Bank University - United Kingdom.
- Business professional since 1992 and Information Technology instructor since 2003.
Vijayanti has been a business professional for over 20 years and an Information Technology instructor for over 10 years. She is a Microsoft Office Specialist and a Microsoft Office Master with a degree in Information and Business Technology from South Bank University in the UK.
Vijayanti also trained and qualified as an Information and Communications Technology Teacher. She has been working at Netcom Learning as a Software Instructor with an extensive know-how in Microsoft Office Suites.
Jose Marcial Portilla has a BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering from Santa Clara University. He has a great skill set in analyzing data, specifically using Python and a variety of modules and libraries. He hopes to use his experience in teaching and data science to help other people learn the power of the Python programming language and its ability to analyze data, as well as present the data in clear and beautiful visualizations. He is the creator of some of most popular Python Udemy courses including "Learning Python for Data Analysis and Visualization" and "The Complete Python Bootcamp". With almost 30,000 enrollments Jose has been able to teach Python and its Data Science libraries to thousands of students. Jose is also a published author, having recently written "NumPy Succintly" for Syncfusion's series of e-books.
- Steven has 20 years of experience in training areas in the pharmaceutical, financial, consumer products industries, and more.
- As a technologist with a specialty in data and project management, Steve has been responsible for leading development teams from the creation of a product through the entire project life cycle to the sales of the product.
- Steven has worked with both state and federal agencies in creating and deploying
corporate solutions in a variety of areas.
Over the years, Steven has developed and implemented professional development
programs for several Fortune 100 companies. Steven is a consultant on SharePoint Project/Server deployments and is currently involved in providing PMO training in corporate settings.
Steven is an experienced trainer, holding Microsoft Trainer certifications in several areas.
Back to Top
The instructor is very knowledgeable on the material. She was very fun and friendly. Kept me engaged.
- Jeanette S.
» Excel 2016 Combo
The instructor was great and very knowledgeable. Great class!
- Amanda D.
» Excel 2016 Combo
I really enjoyed the class. The instructor did a great job.
- Lisa M.
» Excel 2016 Combo
More testimonials »
Back to Top