Implementing Cisco Network Security v3.0 - IINS (Associate)
In this course, you will learn about the design, implementation, and monitoring of a comprehensive security policy using Cisco IOS security features and technologies as examples. You will also learn about security controls of Cisco IOS devices as well as a functional introduction to the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA). This course enables you to perform basic tasks to secure a network using Cisco IOS security features, which are available through web-based GUIs on the Cisco ASA, and the command-line interface (CLI) on Cisco routers and switches.
Site-to-site virtual private network (VPN) configuration is covered on both the Cisco IOS and the Cisco ASA. Modern malware examples are included in this course as are cryptographic techniques using stronger hashing and encryption algorithms. Current versions of Cisco IOS, Cisco ASA, and Cisco Any Connect are featured.
Exam Number: 210-260 IINS
Associated Certifications: CCNA Security
Duration: 90 minutes (60-70 questions)
Register with: Pearson VUE
Note: E-learning module (Cisco Digital Learning Library) is also available for this course Click here for more details
- » Network designers
- » Network, systems, and security engineers
- » Network and security managers
Back to Top
- » Working knowledge of the Windows operating system
- » Working knowledge of Cisco IOS networking and concepts
- » ICND1 v2.0 - Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 1
Back to Top
- » Common network security concepts
- » Secure routing and switching infrastructure
- » Deploy basic authentication, authorization, and accounting services
- » Deploy basic firewalling services
- » Deploy basic site-to-site and remote access VPN services
- » Advanced security services such as intrusion protection, content security and identity management
- » Develop a comprehensive network security policy to counter threats against information security
- » Configure routers with Cisco IOS software security features, including management and reporting functions
- » Bootstrap the Cisco ASA Firewall for use in a production network
- » Configure the Cisco ASA Firewall for remote access to a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN
- » Configure a Cisco IOS zone-based firewall (ZBF) to perform basic security operations on a network
- » Configure site-to-site VPNs using Cisco IOS features
- » Configure security features on IOS switches to mitigate various Layer 2 and Layer 3 attacks
- » How a network can be compromised using freely available tools
- » Implement line passwords, and enable passwords and secrets
- » Examine authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) concepts and features using the local database as well as Cisco Secure ACS 5.2
- » Configure packet filtering on the perimeter router
Back to Top
- Security Concepts
- Threat defense technologies
- Security policy and basic security architectures
- Cryptographic technologies
- Secure Network Devices
- Implementing AAA
- Management protocols and systems
- Securing the control plane
- Layer 2 Security
- Securing Layer 2 infrastructures
- Securing Layer 2 protocols
- Firewall technologies
- Introducing the Cisco ASA v9.2
- Cisco ASA access control and service policies
- Cisco IOS zone based firewall
- IPsec technologies
- Site-to-site VPN
- Client-based remote access VPN
- Clientless remote access VPN
- Advanced Topics
- Intrusion detection and protection
- Endpoint protection
- Content security
- Advanced network security architectures
- Lab 1: Exploring Cryptographic Technologies
- Lab 2: Configure and Verify AAA
- Lab 3: Configuration Management Protocols
- Lab 4: Securing Routing Protocols
- Lab 5: VLAN Security and ACLs on Switches
- Lab 6: Port Security and Private VLAN Edge
- Lab 7: Securing DHCP, ARP, and STP
- Lab 8: Explore Firewall Technologies
- Lab 9: Cisco ASA Interfaces and NAT
- Lab 10: Access Control Using the Cisco ASA
- Lab 11: Exploring Cisco IOS Zone-Based Firewall
- Lab 12: Explore IPsec Technologies
- Lab 13: IOS-Based Site-to-Site VPN
- Lab 1: ASA-Based Site-to-Site VPN
- Lab 14: Remote Access VPN: ASA and AnyConnect
- Lab 15: Clientless Remote Access VPN
- Lab 16: Configure AAA and Secure Remote Administration
- Lab 17: Configure Secure Network Management Protocols
- Lab 18: Configure Secure EIGRP Routing
- Lab 19: Configure Secure Layer 2 Infrastructure
- Lab 20: Configure DHCP Snooping and STP Protection
- Lab 21: Configure Interfaces and NAT on the Cisco ASA
- Lab 22: Configure Network Access Control with the Cisco ASA
- Lab 23: Configure Site-to-Site VPN on IOS
- Lab 24: Configure AnyConnect Remote Access VPN on ASA
- Lab 25: Configure Clientless SSL VPN on the ASA
Back to Top
- » 210-260 IINS : Implementing Cisco Network Security (IINS) 3.0
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top