Avaya Aura Communication Manager Messaging Embedded Administration, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting
- Home »
- Vendors »
- Avaya »
- Avaya Aura »
- Avaya Aura Communication Manager Messaging Embedded Administration, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting
Get hands-on practice on Communication Manager Messaging (CMM) 6.0.1 Embedded performing administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting. You will learn to set up and manage privileged and non-privileged user accounts and administrative data.
You will learn to perform regular backups, restore activities, improve performance optimization, and increase security. You will learn to download and apply the latest Remote Field Updates (RFUs) and to interpret alarms and events. You will learn to use fault management user interfaces, tools, and utilities to collect, manage, and analyze fault data, and you'll learn to monitor and interpret the status and fault indicators so you can isolate and troubleshoot issues that may arise during installation or maintenance. You will learn also to perform emergency recovery, generate, and interpret reports and log files.
After completing this course, you will be able to administer, schedule maintenance activities, and perform troubleshooting tasks associated with the CMM Embedded system. You will also have the ability to analyze various troubleshooting techniques to resolve messaging server and application issues.
- » Avaya customers, business partners, and associates responsible for administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting
Back to Top
- » Use administration user interfaces, tools, and utilities
- » Manage administrative user accounts, IDs, and privileges
- » Manage physical and logical devices
- » Manage components
- » Collect and manage administrative data
- » Administer system features
- » Administer user mailboxes and features
- » Administer system lists
- » Troubleshoot administration issues
- » Performance optimization
- » Enhance security
- » Apply engineering guidelines for tolerances, limits, and standards
- » Use and clear alarms
- » Upgrades and migrations
- » Perform backups and restore activities
- » Use fault-management user interfaces, tools, and utilities
- » Collect, manage, and analyze fault data
- » Generate and interpret reports and log files
- » Monitor/Interpret status and fault indicators
- » Perform emergency recovery
- » Isolate and troubleshoot faults
Back to Top
- Hands on programming of Communication Manager Messaging (CMM) 6.0.1 Embedded performing administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Set up and manage privileged and non-privileged user accounts and administrative data
- Administer user mailboxes and features
- Download and apply remote Field Updates (RFUs)
- Interpret alarms and events relating to CMM
- Use fault management user interfaces, tools and utilities to collect, manage, and analyze fault data
- Monitor and interpret the status and fault indicators so you can isolate and troubleshoot issues that may arise during installation or maintenance
- Perform emergency recovery, generate, and interpret reports and log files relating to CMM
- Perform regular backups, restore activities, improve performance optimization, and increase security
- Lab 1: Log in to SMI with the CM IP address and enable messaging (if not done already)
- Lab 2: Perform switch link administration and save data
- Lab 3: Start messaging in SMI and verify that it started successfully
- Lab 4: Verify that CMM is up and running in the process status (if CM is only partially up, then stop and restart the messaging server)
- Lab 5: Verify messaging is a choice in the pull-down menu under administration
- Lab 6: Specify the mailbox range and save data
- Lab 7: Create privileged and unprivileged login accounts
- Lab 8: Create a subscriber and assign permissions
- Lab 9: Install a one-x communicator on the PC
- Lab 10: Setup and test the subscriber mailbox
- Lab 11: Program login parameters, subscriber password again limits and time limits (days)
- Lab 12: Enable call transfer out of messaging
- Lab 13: Administer auto attendant as a subscriber
- Lab 14: Record greetings for the Auto Attendant menu
- Lab 15: Confirm automated attendant administration
- Lab 16: Run and review a subscriber monthly report
- Lab 17: Run and review a traffic snapshot monthly report
- Lab 18: Enable FTP, perform backup, and check status
- Lab 19: Restore database and view the restored data
- Lab 20: Upload a service pack to the server for CMM
- Lab 21: Install service pack for messaging
- Lab 22: View the service pack status in CDOM and SMI
- Lab 23: Access and view CMM alarm logs
- Lab 24: Display, busyout, and release a voice channel to accept incoming calls
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Our instructors are passionate at teaching and are experts in their respective fields. Our average NetCom instructor has many, many years of real-world experience and impart their priceless, valuable knowledge to our students every single day.
See our world-class instructors.
Back to Top