Cisco Unified Wireless Network 7.1 (Professional)
This course is based on lightweight access points, controllers, and the advanced feature set. Learn to design, install, configure, and maintain a wireless network both as an add-on to an existing wireless LAN and as a new Cisco Unified Wireless Network solution.
- » This course is designed for Cisco customers, employees, channel partners and resellers, interested in the Cisco Unified Wireless Network solution, that have a strong data networking background who will be responsible for the planning, deploying and managing enterprise WLAN using lightweight access points and controllers.
Back to Top
- » After a quick overview of the solution, you will investigate components, features, and deployment of the system. Reinforced with what you learn with hands-on configuration labs covering such lessons as CLI and controller web configuration tools. You will configure the Cisco Unified Wireless Network solution for open and web authentication, 802.1X/EAP authentication, and 802.11i/WPA/WPA2 encryption for the client, access point, and the WLAN controller. You will explore Cisco WCS and reinforce what you learn about this comprehensive tool in hands-on configuration labs covering topics such as managing the WLAN controller using WCS, using WCS templates, creating admin accounts, configuring the WLAN controller, importing and working with maps, and using WCS to perform administrative functions on the deployed wireless network. You will conclude by learning to maintain a WLAN using the Cisco Unified Wireless Network solution. You'll explore unique product features and standard maintenance procedures as well as detailed troubleshooting methodologies and debugging tools.
Back to Top
- Understanding Enterprise WLAN Solutions
- Understanding Cisco CleanAir Technology
- Understanding WLAN Controllers, Wireless Services, and Licensing
- Configuring Cisco WLCs Using the CLI
- Configuring Cisco WLCs Using the Web Interface
- Using the Controller Web Interface
- Understanding Access Points
- Understanding the Evolution of 802.11n Technologies
- Understanding Access Point Operational Modes
- Configuring IEEE 802.11 Optimization, and Radio Resource Management
- Unified Wireless Network Administration; WLAN Security
- Configuring Cisco CleanAir
- Understanding Controller Ports, Interfaces, and Link Aggregation
- AP Association Finding a Controller
- Configuring Mobility Groups for Roaming
- Managing VLANs and WLANs
- Quality of Service in Wireless Networking
- Understanding General Cisco Unified Wireless Network Administration
- Configuring WLAN Security for a Specific Deployment
- Identifying Client and AP Security
- Configuring WLAN Security Policies
- WLAN Maintenance and Troubleshooting; WLAN Deployment Design Scenarios
- Managing Device Code and Configuration
- Lab 5-1 Pre-Image Download
- Troubleshooting WLANs
- Gathering Data and Monitoring Data Traffic
- Understanding Cisco Spectrum Expert
- Generic Infrastructure Design Scenarios
- Enterprise Infrastructure Design Scenarios
- Designing Industry-Specific WLAN Solutions
- Cisco Wireless Control System
- Understanding the Cisco Wireless Control System
- Installing Cisco WCS
- Administering the Cisco WCS
- Configuring Cisco Unified Wireless Network Component
- Using the Cisco WCS Monitor Menu
- Using Cisco WCS Reports
- Implementing Cisco WCS Maps and Planning Tools
- Implementing Cisco WCS Guest Access
- Implementing Cisco WCS Navigator
- Troubleshooting Cisco WCS
- Mobility Services Engine
- Introducing Mobility Services Engine
- Planning and Designing WCS
- Deploying Mobility Services Engine
- Troubleshooting Controller Connectivity and Tag Location Issues
- Monitoring and Maintenance
- WCS Intrusion Detection System
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top