Oracle Solaris 11 Advanced System Administration
This Oracle Solaris 11 Advanced System Administration training provides an intensive hands-on experience with the Oracle Solaris 11.3 operating system. You'll learn complex and integrated administration concepts through a combination of lessons and hands-on exercises that will reinforce your learning.
- » Data Center Manager
- » Network Administrator
- » Storage Administrator
- » Support Engineer
- » System Administrator
Back to Top
- » Manage Services and Service Properties Using SMF
- » Mange Software Packages Using IPS
- » Back Up and Restore Data Using ZFS
- » Configure Network and Network High Availability
- » Administer Network Services
- » Administer the Zones
- » Securing the Oracle Solaris 11 OS
- » Manage Processes and Priorities
- » Install Oracle Solaris 11 OS on Multiple Hosts
- » Implement Systems Messaging and Diagnostic Facilities
Back to Top
- Managing Services and Service Properties Using SMF
- Introducing the Advanced Features of SMF
- Configuring SMF Services
- Troubleshooting SMF Services
- Managing Software Packages by Using IPS
- Configuring a Local IPS Package Repository
- Update the system by using IPS
- Managing Data Back Up and Restore by Using ZFS
- Plan for data storage configuration and backup
- Manage data redundancy with mirrored storage pools
- Back up and restore data with ZFS snapshots
- Manage data storage space with ZFS file system properties
- Troubleshoot ZFS failures
- Configuring the Network
- Create a virtual network by using EVS
- Configure link aggregation for high performance
- Configure IPMP for IP high availability
- Administering Network Services
- Configure Network File System (NFS)
- Configure a Domain Name System (DNS) Client
- Configure a Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) Client
- Advanced Administration of Zones
- Manage system resources in a zone
- Configure kernel Zones
- Administer unified archives
- Securing the Oracle Solaris 11 OS
- Implement user privileges and roles
- Manage privileges
- Manage user rights
- Verify file integrity by using BART
- Monitor the audit service
- Assess the compliance of an Oracle Solaris system
- Managing Processes and Priorities
- Implement process execution in an appropriate scheduling class
- Manage process scheduling priority
- Configure Fair Share Scheduler (FSS)
- Manage the scheduling class of zones
- Installing Oracle Solaris 11 on Multiple hosts
- Introduce the Automated Installer
- Configure the AI install server
- Configure the AI client
- Build an Oracle Solaris image
- Implementing System Messaging And Diagnostic Facilities
- Monitor system logs
- Identify a crash dump file
- Identify a core dump file
- Troubleshoot a script execution issue
- Troubleshoot a software update failure
- Troubleshoot a network connectivity issue
- Troubleshoot a directory access issue
- Troubleshoot a default shell issue
Back to Top
- » You'll come away from the course with a better understanding of the latest information about security, performance and
- » scalability enhancements. This knowledge allows you to run their most demanding enterprise applications in private, hybrid or public clouds.
Back to Top
- » 1Z0-822 : Oracle Solaris 11 Advanced System Administration
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Masters Degree in Operations Research & Applied Mathematics from Columbia University along with several IT certifications.
- IT Professional for over 30 years and Software Trainer since 1997.
- Engineer and developer for top Wall Street financial firms such as JP Morgan Chase.
Arthur has been an IT professional for over 30 years. After receiving his Bachelors in Computer Science from NYU, and Masters degree in Operations Research & Applied Mathematics from Columbia University, Arthur was recruited into the private IT sector. Upon starting his IT career path he quickly progressed into leadership roles as an engineer and developer for JP Morgan Chase.
With more than a decade of successful projects behind him, Arthur's love of academia brought him back to training, where he currently specializes in Java certification training and corporate software development. He holds numerous certifications including the Sun Certified Java Programmer, Sun Certified Web Component Developer, and Advanced PHP Programmer. His passion and aptitude for the subject matter is clearly evident both in and out of the classroom and NetCom Learning students rate him 8.6 out of 9.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science from Boston University along with several certifications.
- Over 25 years of experience in the IT field and expert in Unix, GNU/Linux, and Oracle ecosystems.
- More than 10 years working as a Software Engineer in multinational companies such as Hewlett-Packard.
Finnbarr has both breadth and in-depth knowledge of Unix, GNU/Linux, and Oracle with 25+ years of experience in operating system internals development, system administration, application development and project management on a wide variety of hardware and software platforms. As a Software Engineer, he developed and managed numerous projects in multinational companies such as Hewlett-Packard.
Finnbarr is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers as well as a Moderator at unix.com. He is also a top Instructor and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning and is well recognized by the students for his knowledge and his great teaching technique.
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
Back to Top