Introduction to Google AdWords
In today's technologically connected society, people have access to information almost everywhere they go on a variety of devices. All strong marketing campaigns should incorporate some form of web-based advertising. Google AdWords is a web-based advertising tool that allows individuals and organizations to advertise on the Internet. Google AdWords is the most popular web advertising tool and operates on the largest connected set of networks, Google's networks.
Google AdWords is simple to start using, but is difficult to master. AdWords campaigns have many components that must work together well to create an effective ad campaign. Managing an AdWords campaign involves constant monitoring, analysis, and refinement to improve campaign performance.
In this course, you will create a Google AdWords account and an AdWords campaign. You will create both text and image ads, and target campaigns to specific audience segments by using advanced AdWords features. You will refine and optimize all aspects of your AdWords campaigns from ads, to keywords, to bidding, to budgets. You will also use advanced tools to manage AdWords accounts and data.
- » This course is designed for marketing professionals with basic end-user computing skills who will create and manage search ads, run pay-per-click search campaigns, and optimize and report on those campaigns with Google AdWords.
- » This course is also designed for individuals who are seeking the Google AdWords certification and want to prepare for Google AdWords Fundamentals and Google AdWords Search Advanced exams.
Back to Top
- » To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience with using a Web browser and productivity software (Microsoft Office or Google Docs).
- » Using Microsoft Windows 10, Using Microsoft Windows 8, or Microsoft Windows 8 Transition from Windows 7
- » Any or all of the courses in the Microsoft 2010, 2013, or 2016 curriculum
Back to Top
- » Create a Google AdWords account
- » Create an ad campaign
- » Optimize keywords for pay-per-click campaigns
- » Write effective ads for Google AdWords campaigns
- » Analyze and report campaign performance
- » Manage bidding and budgets
- » Configure language and location targeting
- » Enhance campaigns with ad extensions
- » Create product listing campaigns
- » Create a display network campaign
- » Implement advanced AdWords features
- » Measure campaign performance
- » Optimize campaigns
- » Optimize AdWords campaigns for conversions
- » Manage AdWords with the AdWords Editor
- » Manage and extend AdWords accounts
Back to Top
- Creating a Google AdWords Account
- Create and Navigate the Google AdWords Account Structure
- Configure and Manage Account Alerts and Notifications
- Creating Ad Campaigns
- Plan an AdWords Campaign
- Create Campaigns and Configure Campaign Settings
- Create and Configure Ad Groups, Ads, and Keywords
- Optimizing Keywords
- Select Keywords in AdWords
- Research Keywords with the Google Keyword Planner
- Research Keywords Online
- Configure Ad Groups and Keywords
- Writing Ads in Google AdWords
- Review Google Ad Policies
- Write High-Quality AdWords Ads
- Analyzing and Reporting Campaign Performance
- Review Your Campaign and Adjust Settings
- Analyze and Optimize Ads
- Create Reports in AdWords
- Managing Bidding and Budgets
- Set and Manage Budgets
- Set and Manage Bids
- Targeting by Language and Location
- Configure Language Targeting
- Configure Location Targeting
- Enhancing Campaigns with Ad Extensions
- Enhance Ads with the Location Extension
- Enhance Ads with the Call Extensions
- Enhance Ads with the SiteLink Extension
- Enhance Ads with the App Extension
- Enhance Ads with Structured Snippets
- Enhance Ads with the Review and Callout Extensions
- Enhance Ads with Automated Extensions
- Creating Product Listing Campaigns
- Set Up a Google Merchant Account
- Create a Shopping Campaign
- Creating a Display Network Campaign
- Plan and Create a Display Network Campaign
- Create an Ad with Ad Gallery
- Target Campaigns
- Target Devices
- Implementing Advanced AdWords Features
- Configure Ad Scheduling
- Create Dynamic Ads
- Implement Keyword Insertion
- Implement Ad Customizers
- Implement Campaign Experiments
- Configure Conversion Tracking
- Measuring Campaign Performance
- Link AdWords to Google Analytics
- Measure AdWords Campaign Success
- Analyze Campaign Performance in AdWords
- Optimizing Campaigns
- Optimize Landing Pages for Quality Score
- Optimize Bidding Performance
- Optimize Budgets
- Optimizing for Conversions
- Measure Conversions
- Optimize for Conversions
- Managing AdWords with the AdWords Editor
- Configure AdWords Editor
- Import and Analyze Data
- Managing and Extending AdWords Accounts
- Manage Clients with My Client Center
- Use the AdWords API
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Developed the first online multimedia training content system to Harvard University as well as multiple online multimedia projects for the North Carolina State Government.
- Highly rated instructor averaging 8.7 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
Erick has been training business and IT professionals since 1989, when he developed and introduced the first online multimedia training content system to Harvard University. Since then he has honed his business, programming, and database skills providing highly customized software solutions and education programs for multiple clients such as North Carolina State Government, Cisco, IBM, and Time Warner Cable.
Erick's teaching prowess and real-world experience leading a team of software application developers make him a top Instructor and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning, where he averages 8.7 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Team leader for the first undergraduate team to win the Duke Startup Challenge.
- Over 15 years of experience in the IT industry.
- NetCom Learning Instructor of the Year 2011.
Sam Polsky has spent his entire career in entrepreneurial pursuits, including such fields as biotechnology, software development, data management, and business process management. He began in entrepreneurship as team leader for the first undergraduate team to win the Duke Startup Challenge, a business development competition geared towards Duke Universitys various graduate schools.
Sam Polsky has since co-founded a consulting firm where he has been involved in software architecture, development and implementation. On top of that, Sam has been delivering acclaimed solutions in software architecture, development and implementation for over 15 years. He is a much-admired Subject Matter Expert and Trainer at NetCom Learning and was voted NetCom Learning Instructor of the Year 2011
Back to Top
The instructor was excellent, patient, knowledgeable and fun to learn from, he is an asset to your program!
- Darlene B.
» Google Analytics & AdWords Combo
Netcom Learning offers a variety of training for all levels and experience.
» Google AdWords & Analytics Combo
More testimonials »
Back to Top