Autodesk AutoCAD 2017: Working with 3D Models
In this course, you will learn the fundamental concepts and workflows for creating 3D models using AutoCAD. You will learn to create solid primitives, solid or surface models from cross-sectional geometry, or composite models from multiple solid models, and you'll learn to add the necessary features to detail, duplicate, and position 3D models.
You will learn to document a 3D design by creating 2D drawings for production and visualization, and you'll learn to convert 2D objects to 3D objects. You will learn to communicate design ideas using visual styles, lights, model walk-through tools, and renderings.
- Instructor-led Classroom Training
- Online Training
- Corporate Training
- Onsite Training
- One-on-One Training
- Facilitated Training
- » Professionals who want unparalleled creative freedom, productivity, and precision for producing superb 3D modeling
Back to Top
- » Fundamental concepts and workflows for creating 3D models using AutoCAD
- » Represent a design by creating solid primitives, solid or surface models from cross-sectional geometry, or composite models from multiple solid models
- » Complete a solid model design by adding the necessary features to detail, duplicate, and position 3D models
- » Convert 2D objects to 3D objects
- » Document a 3D design by creating 2D drawings for production and visualization
- » Communicate design ideas using visual styles, lights, model walk-through tools, and renderings
Back to Top
- 3D Foundations
- Why Use 3D?
- Introduction to the 3D Modeling Workspace
- Basic 3D Viewing Tools
- 3D Navigation Tools
- Introduction to the User Coordinate System (UCS)
- Simple Solids
- Working with Solid Primitives
- Solid Primitive Types
- Working with Composite Solids
- Working with Mesh Models
- Working with the User Coordinate System
- UCS Basics
- UCS X, Y, and Z Commands
- UCS Multi-functional Grips
- Saving a UCS by Name
- Creating Solids & Surfaces from 2D Objects
- Complex 3D Geometry
- Extruded Solids and Surfaces
- Swept Solids and Surfaces
- Revolved Solids and Surfaces
- Lofted Solids and Surfaces
- NURBS Surfaces
- Modifying in 3D Space
- 3D Gizmo Tools
- Aligning Objects in 3D Space
- 3D Modify Commands
- Advanced Solid Editing
- Editing Components of Solids
- Editing Faces of Solids
- Fillets and Chamfers on Solids
- Additional Editing Tools
- Creating a Shell
- Imprinting Edges of Solids
- Slicing a Solid along a Plane
- Interference Checking
- Converting Objects to Surfaces
- Converting Objects to Solids
- Refining the View
- Working with Sections
- Working with Cameras
- Managing Views in 3D
- Animating with ShowMotion
- Creating ShowMotion Shots
- Creating Animations
- Point Clouds
- Point Clouds
- Creating Visual Styles
- Working with Materials
- Specifying Light Sources
- Rendering Concepts
- Working Drawings from 3D Models
- Creating Multiple Viewports
- 2D Views from 3D Solids
- Creating Technical Drawings with Flatshot
- 3D Model Import
- Automatic Model Documentation
- 3D Printing
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Highly-skilled Autodesk Certified Instructor; working with Autodesk Softwares since 1993.
- Expert in AutoCAD, Autodesk 3DS, Autodesk Revit, Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, and Architectural Desktop.
- Authored course materials for numerous Autodesk courses.
Joseph is an Autodesk Certified Instructor specializing in developing and teaching Autodesk courses, with a working knowledge of such products as AutoCAD, Autodesk 3DS, Autodesk Revit, Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, and Architectural Desktop.
In addition to teaching and developing courses for the past 10 years, Joseph has authored course materials for many AutoDesk courses. He is also well versed in Inventor 8 and 9.
Joseph demonstrates a straightforward, down-to-earth teaching style in order to reach students at widely differing levels of expertise. His extensive product knowledge and exuberant teaching style makes Joseph a consistently highly rated instructor at NetCom Learning.
- Autodesk authority. Subject Matter Expert specializing in AutoCAD, Revit, 3D, and other Autodesk softwares with over 25 years of experience.
- More than 21 years of experience as a trainer.
- Highly rated instructor with all-time average student evaluation score of 8.7 out of 9.
Roger is an Autodesk Certified Instructor with over 25 years of experience working with challenging projects in the management and support in Revit BIM, AutoCAD and 3DS Max Systems Applications for numerous Architectural and Interior Design Firms, Construction, Engineering and Manufacturing Companies. He is proficient in Advanced Visualization Design and is a specialist with analysis, customization, management and optimization of BIM Revit, AutoCAD and 3DS Max for best practices and standards procedures. Roger has been able to support and assist many firms in the field of Architectural Design in the past 20 years.
Roger is also a CTT+ certified, with a Bachelors degree in Computer Programming
and also holds a New York University Certification. In addition, he has also been an
instructor since 1990 with proven on-site and online training expertise.
Back to Top