ITIL®-SO: Intermediate LifeCycle: ITIL® Service Operation
The IT Infrastructure Library® (ITIL®) certification scheme, providing a modular approach to the ITIL framework, is comprised of a series of qualifications focused on different aspects of ITIL best practice to various degrees of depth and detail.
The Service Operation (SO) module is one of the certifications within the ITIL® Service Lifecycle work stream. This module focuses on the principles, processes, operational activities and functions that enable organizations and individuals to successfully manage how their products and services perform. These activities can also help improve their IT Service Management.
ITIL SO module focuses on the coordination and execution of activities that enable the ongoing management and operation of the products or services developed or implemented during the service strategy, design and transition phases of the IT Service Lifecycle as well as any technology and support resources that are used to deliver them.
The ITIL Service Operation certificate training is available in different delivery modalities including interactive online classes and instructor-led classroom training. This training is conducted by industry experts who help the participants gain valuable practical knowledge and prepare for their certification exam.
NetCom is an Accredited Training Affiliate in partnership with ITpreneurs.
- Instructor-led Classroom Training
- Online Training
- Corporate Training
- Onsite Training
- One-on-One Training
- You will receive a course study book including case studies and sample exam questions
- You should acquire and read the ITIL Service Design core publication, which you should read as part of personal study
- Review your ITIL Foundation course materials
- Facilitated Training
ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Operation (SO) Certificate Exam
ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Operation (SO) Certificate
The ITIL Service Operation (SO) exam can be taken in any of the following three ways:
- On the last day of the course, in-class exam
- In the comfort of your home and at any time, after the course completion via PeopleCert (online)
- At your convenience, at an eligible testing center
- Multiple choice examination questions
- Number of Questions: 8
- Pass Score: 28/40 or 70%
- Exam Duration: 90 minutes
- Open/Closed Book: Closed Book
- Upon successfully achieving the ITIL Service Operation certificate, the participants earn three credits toward their ITIL Expert certification
ITIL® is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. IT Infrastructure Library® is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo™ is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. The ITIL Accredited Training Organization logo is a Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited
- » Release Manager
- » Security Administrator
- » Applications Support
- » IT Operations Manager
- » Database Administrator
- » Problem Manager
- » Service Desk and Incident Manager
- » Network Support
- » Security Manager
Back to Top
- » Recommended: ITIL Foundation
- » ITIL® Foundation Certification (v3 or newer) required
- » Two years of relevant work experience
Back to Top
- » Importance of service management as a practice concept and service operation principals, purpose, and objectives
- » How all processes in ITIL® service operation interact with other service lifecycle processes
- » Sub-processes, activities, methods, and functions used in each of the ITIL® service operation processes
- » Roles and responsibilities within ITIL® service operation and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- » How to measure ITIL® service operation
- » Technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL® service operation
- » Challenges, key performance indicators (KPIs), critical success factors (CSFs), and risks associated with ITIL® service operation
Back to Top
- Introduction to service operation
- The purpose, objectives and scope of service operation
- The value to the business
- The context of service operation in the ITIL service lifecycle
- The fundamental aspects of service operation and the ability to define them.
- Service operation principles
- How an understanding of the basic conflict between maintaining the status quo and adapting to changes in business needs can lead to better service operation
- Other service operation principles including: involvement in other lifecycle stages; understanding operational health; the need for good documentation and communication including a communication strategy
- Service operation inputs and outputs.
- Service operation processes
- The use, interaction and value of each of the service operation processes: event management, incident management, request fulfilment, problem management, and access management.
- Common service operation activities
- How the common activities of service operation are co-ordinated for the ongoing management of the technology that is used to deliver and support the services
- How monitoring, reporting and control of the services contributes to the ongoing management of the services and the technology that is used to deliver and support the services
- How the operational activities of processes covered in other lifecycle stages contribute to service operation
- How IT operations staff should look for opportunities to improve the operational activities.
- Organizing for service operation
- The role, objectives and activities of each of the four functions of service operation: service desk, technical management, IT operations management, and application management
- Service operation roles and responsibilities, where and how they are used as well as how a service operation organization would be structured to use these roles.
- Technology considerations
- The generic requirements of technologies that support service management across all lifecycle stages
- The specific technology required to support the service operation processes and functions.
- Implementation of service operation
- Specific issues relevant to implementing service operation including: managing change in service operation; assessing and managing risk in service operation; operations staff involvement in service design and service transition
- Planning and implementing service management technologies within a company.
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
- The challenges (e.g. engagement with staff outside service operation, justifying funding), critical success factors (e.g. management and business support, staff retention) and risks (e.g. loss of service) related to service operation.
Back to Top
- » ITIL Intd SO Exam PU Voucher : ITIL Intermediate SO exam taken at home, with online proctor
- » ITIL Intd SO Exam Onsite Voucher : ITIL Intermediate SO exam proctored by NetCom for private sessions only
- » ITIL Intd SO Exam VUE Voucher : ITIL Intermediate SO exam taken at a local VUE test center
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- High-skilled trainer and speaker. Delivered presentations in Dubai, Tokyo, London, New York, and China.
- ITIL V3 Expert, teaching ITIL courses since 2005. More than 99% of her students have passed their ITIL Certification exams.
- Process Improvement Expert with more than 15 years of experience in the Support Center industry as a practitioner, consultant and certified trainer.
Donna is an expert in project management and Process Improvement. Her amazing presentation skills have taken her around the world, giving arrangements in Dubai, Tokyo, London, New York and China to name a few. "The Donna", as she is known in the industry, has more than 15 years of experience in the Support Center industry as a practitioner, consultant and certified trainer.
Donna holds ITIL V3 Expert Certification and offers training and consulting services through NetCom Learning on Process Improvement framework as well as the ITIL practitioner level suite of Lifecycle and Capability Stream certification courses. She began presenting ITIL classes in 2005, and 99% of her students have passed their ITIL Certification exams. Along with ITIL courses, she promotes best practices in the support center industry, focusing on customer service skills training, individual and support center certification, training and consulting, and process infrastructure improvement.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
Back to Top