CCNA Data Center Prep Boot Camp v6.0 (Associate)
This course requires 15 hours of pre course work prior to taking this course. You will be given the foundational knowledge and a broad overview of Cisco Data Center products and their operation, covering the architecture, components, connectivity, and features of a Cisco Data Center network. You will gain practical experience configuring the initial setup of Cisco Nexus 7000, Cisco Nexus 5000, Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS), and Cisco MDS Multilayer Fabric Switch. You will also learn to verify the proper operation of a variety of features such as Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV), Cisco FabricPath, Port Channels, virtual Port Channels (vPCs), and Cisco Nexus 1000V Distributed Virtual Switch for VMware ESXi.
- » Anyone seeking the CCNA Data Center certification
- » Network designers, administrators, engineers, and managers
- » Storage and server administrators
- » Program and project managers
- » Systems engineers
Back to Top
- » Ethernet communication functions and standards
- » OSI and TCP/IP models
- » Routing process on Nexus switches
- » Compare storage connectivity options in the data center
- » Fibre Channel name server and fabric login (FLOGI) process
- » Configure Cisco Unified Computing System
- » Configure Cisco data center virtualization
- » Configure Cisco data center networking
- » Configure Cisco automation and orchestration
- » Verify Cisco Application-Centric Infrastructure
Back to Top
- What is a Network - Overview of OSI Model
- Evolution of the Modern Datacenter
- Basic Data Center Networking Concepts
- Review NX-OS Material
- Review Nexus Product Line
- VDC and VRF Concepts as a Review
- Implementing VLANs and Trunks
- Redundant Switched Topologies
- Advanced Data Center Networking Concepts
- Routing Protocols on Nexus Switches
- Layer 3 First Hop Redundancy
- AAA on Nexus Switches
- ACLs on Nexus Switches- Datacenter Storage Basics
- Storage Options/Types
- Advanced Data Center Storage
- Cisco Data Center Network Virtualization
- Functional Planes of Cisco Nexus Switches l
- Function of Overlays
- Virtual Switches
- Cisco Data Center Network Technologies Configuration
- Cisco FabricPath
- Unified Port Feature of Cisco Nexus Switches
- Cisco Unified Fabric
- Cisco Unified Computing System
- Data Center Automation and Orchestration
- Cisco Application-Centric Infrastructure
- Use the DCICN Lab System
- Explore the Cisco NX-OS Command Line Interface
- Explore Topology Discovery and Documentation
- Explore the Elements of Virtual Device Contexts
- Implement VLANs and Trunks
- Map a Spanning Tree and Configure Port Channels
- Implement Multilayer Switching
- Configure OSPF
- Configure EIGRP
- Configure HSRP
- Configure AAA and Secure Remote Administration
- Configure ACLs
- Configure VSANs
- Validate FLOGI and FCNS
- Configure Zoning
- Install VMware ESXi on UCS C-Series Rack Server
- Install VMware vCenter Server Appliance
- Install Cisco Virtual Switch Update Manager
- Install Cisco Nexus 1000V with VSUM
- Configure a Port Group in the DVS
- Configure the Cisco Nexus 2000 Fabric Extender
- Install and Configure the Cisco IMC Supervisor
- Navigate the Cisco UCS Manager GUI Interfaces
- Configure Local RBAC
- Configure Pools
- Configure a Service Profile Template
- Configure Cisco NX-OS with APIs
- Explore the Management Information Tree of the Cisco UCS Manager XML API
- Configure Cisco UCS Manager with the Postman REST Plugin for Google Chrome
- Install and Configure User Accounts in Cisco UCS Director
- Add Virtual and Physical Accounts to Cisco UCS Director
- Customize Cisco UCS Director
- Explore Cisco UCS Director Monitoring Capabilities
- Create Policies and VDCs
- Create a Catalog and Provision a VM using the Self-Service Portal
- Explore Cisco UCS Director Built-In Reports
- View Chargeback and Reports
Back to Top
- » 200-150 : Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking v6.0 - DCICN
- » 200-155 : Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies v6.0 - DCICT
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
I would recommend NetCom Learning because the training is first class. The material is explained thoroughly with real world scenarios as well. The instructors are currently in the field so they are speaking from current experience.
- Jay C.
» Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing v5.0 - DCUCI (Professional)
More testimonials »
Back to Top