Cisco Data Center CCIE Unified Computing Workshop v1.0 - DCXUC
The instructor-led Cisco Data Center CCIE Unified Computing Workshop (DCXUC), v1.0 is designed for candidates who are preparing to take the Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert - Data Center Certification lab exam. This course will challenge students with complex lab scenarios that provide a deep dive into the detailed configuration, optimization, and integration of protocols and features found in a virtualized data center unified computing infrastructure. This course will cover configuration of Cisco Unified Computing SystemTM (Cisco UCS), encompassing both Cisco Nexus 1000V and Cisco Application Networking Services (ANS). The labs will provide detailed insight into the areas defined in the Cisco UCS, Cisco ANS, and Cisco Nexus 1000V sections of the Cisco CCIE DC lab blueprint culminating on the last day in a timed challenge lab. Although approximately 80 percent of the course consists of labs, instructors will provide students an understanding of how to interpret Cisco exam questions, a detailed solution for each challenge, common mistakes, troubleshooting techniques, and validation. As students learn their weaknesses, instructors will offer chalk-talks to help candidates better understand protocols and work through deficiencies.
- » Network administrators
- » Network engineers, systems engineers, and consulting systems engineers
- » Technical solutions architects
- » Cisco integrators/partners
Back to Top
- » Implement LAN and SAN connectivity in a unified computing environment
- » Implement unified computing server resources and management tasks
- » Manage high availability in a unified computing environment
- » Perform unified computing troubleshooting and maintenance tasks
- » Manage data center virtualization with the Cisco Nexus 1000V/implement security features
- » Implement data center application high availability and load balancing
Back to Top
- Module 0: Course Introduction
- Explain where the DCXUC course fits in the overall data center curriculum
- Clarify prerequisite knowledge and skills
- Review the CCIE data center lab exam blueprint
- Module 1: Cisco Data Center Infrastructure
- Configure different port types
- Implement Ethernet end-host mode (EHM), VLANs and port channels, pinning and pin groups, and disjoint Layer 2 domains
- Configure FC ports for SAN connectivity, VSANs, FC uplink port channels, FC trunking, and SAN pinning
- Create and implement service profiles
- Create and implement policies and server resource pools
- Implement updating and initial templates, boot from remote storage, fabric failover, and unified computing management hierarchy using ORG and RBAC
- Configure RBAC groups, remote RBAC configuration, roles and privileges, and AD group attribute mapping
- Create and configure users
- Implement backup and restore procedures in a unified computing environment as well as system-wide policies
- Manage high availability in a unified computing environment
- Configure monitoring and analysis of system events
- Implement external management protocols
- Collect statistical Information
- Firmware management
- Collect TAC-specific information
- Implement server recovery tasks
- Configure C-Series to boot from FC SAN
- Configure adapter-FEX
- Module 2: Cisco Nexus 1000V
- Implement QoS, traffic flow, and IGMP snooping
- Implement network monitoring on Cisco Nexus 1000v
- Implement Cisco Nexus 1000v port channels
- Configure VLANs, port profiles, DHCP snooping, dynamic ARP inspection, IP source guard, port security, access control lists, and private VLANs o Switch between L2/L3 control mode
- Diagnose VSM HA issues, VSM/VEM connectivity, and security feature issues
- Module 3: Application Network Services
- Implement standard Cisco ACE features for load balancing
- Configuring server load-balancing algorithm
- Configure different SLB deployment modes
- Implement health monitoring
- Configure sticky connections
- Implement server load balancing in HA mode
- Module 4: Challenge Lab
- A timed challenge lab that covers aspects of Cisco UCS, Cisco ANS, and Cisco Nexus 1000V.
- Lab Outline
- Lab 1: Establish LAN Connectivity
- Lab 2: Establish SAN Connectivity
- Lab 3: Cisco UCS Server Resources
- Lab 4: Cisco UCS Management Tasks
- Lab 5: Troubleshooting
- Lab 6: Configuring C-Series
- Lab 7: Manage Cisco Nexus 1000v
- Lab 8: Cisco Nexus 1000v Security
- Lab 9: Troubleshooting Cisco Nexus 1000v
- Lab 10: Implement Cisco ACE
- Lab 11: Challenge Lab
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top