Adobe Illustrator CS6: Part 2
You have created simple artwork using the basic drawing and painting tools available in Illustrator. You now want to create complex artwork using advanced tools, options, and effects. In addition, you want to ensure that your artwork is ready for commercial printing and also save it for the Web. In this course, you will draw complex illustrations, and enhance them using various painting options. You will also use her techniques using painting tools, manage colors, format type, work with effects, prepare artwork for commercial printing, and prepare graphics for the web.
- » This course is intended for designers, publishers, pre-press professionals, marketing communications professionals, or people taking on design responsibilities who need to use Illustrator to create illustrations, logos, advertisements, or other graphic documents.
Back to Top
- Lesson 1: Customizing the Illustrator Interface
- Topic A: Set User Interface Preferences
- Topic B: Work with the Grid and Guides
- Topic C: Manage Workspaces
- Lesson 2: Drawing Complex Illustrations
- Topic A: Combine Objects to Create Complex Illustrations
- Topic B: Work with Layers
- Topic C: Create a Perspective Drawing
- Topic D: Trace Artwork
- Lesson 3: Enhancing Artwork Using Painting Tools
- Topic A: Paint Objects with Fills, Strokes, and Gradients
- Topic B: Paint Objects Using Live Paint Groups
- Topic C: Paint with Custom Brushes
- Topic D: Add Transparency and Blending Modes
- Topic E: Apply Meshes to Objects
- Topic F: Apply Patterns
- Lesson 4: Customizing Colors and Swatches
- Topic A: Manage Colors
- Topic B: Customize Swatches
- Topic C: Manage Color Groups
- Topic D: Access Pantone Plus Color Libraries
- Lesson 5: Formatting Type
- Topic A: Set Character Formats
- Topic B: Apply Advanced Formatting Options to Type
- Topic C: Adjust Hyphenation
- Lesson 6: Enhancing the Appearance of Artwork
- Topic A: Apply Effects to an Object
- Topic B: Create Graphic Styles
- Topic C: Apply a Blend to an Object
- Topic D: Apply a Mask to an Object
- Topic E: Create Symbols
- Topic F: Work with Symbol Sets and Symbolism Tools
- Lesson 7: Preparing a Document for Print Output
- Topic A: Set Up Artwork for Printing
- Topic B: Prepare Transparent Artwork for Printing
- Topic C: Manage Colors in Printing
- Lesson 8: Preparing Graphics for the Web
- Topic A: Create Slices and Image Maps
- Topic B: Save Artwork in the SVG Format
- Topic C: Save Graphics for the Web
- Lesson 9: Appendix A: Adobe Illustrator CS6 Certification Exam Objectives
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
- Adobe Certified Expert and Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+)
- A.A.S. in Commercial Art - Computer Graphics Specialization.
- Graphic Designer Specialist, including advanced photo retouching and color correction, masking, realistic photo collages, preparation of complex digital files for commercial output, digital illustration and complex vector graphics
Beata Bogaczewicz is a highly accomplished, results driven Graphic Designer and Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+), bringing over fourteen years of combined graphic design, creative production, technical training and project management experience. She is an Adobe Certified Expert with a multitude of Adobe certifications including Adobe Photoshop Certified Expert and Adobe Illustrator Certified Expert.
Her signature teaching style involves breaking down complex topics to their core basics so they are easily and comfortably understood by each learner. She not only explains how features work but also why and when they should be used to gain the best results. Her hands on approach makes memorizing effortless while promoting creative thinking.
- Highly-skilled in graphics and web software including Adobe CS3, CS4 & CS5 Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Captivate, Acrobat and Quark;
- Expert in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2000.
- Over 20 years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations such as McCann Erickson, Lintas, and Publicis.
Carmille has been a Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer for years. She specializes in web development, business productivity and digital media applications such as SharePoint, Quark and the Adobe Creative Suite as well as numerous programming languages including XML, XHMTL, HTML and CSS.
Carmille is passionate about educating and has a unique talent for making complex design and development principals seem "easy" to students from all levels of expertise. She currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, Microsoft Office Specialist, SharePoint End User and the acclaimed Website Development Professional courses at NetCom Learning. Her 20+ years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations bring a special and innovative approach to her classes at NetCom Learning.
- Developed the first online multimedia training content system to Harvard University as well as multiple online multimedia projects for the North Carolina State Government.
- Highly rated instructor averaging 8.7 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
Erick has been training business and IT professionals since 1989, when he developed and introduced the first online multimedia training content system to Harvard University. Since then he has honed his business, programming, and database skills providing highly customized software solutions and education programs for multiple clients such as North Carolina State Government, Cisco, IBM, and Time Warner Cable.
Erick's teaching prowess and real-world experience leading a team of software application developers make him a top Instructor and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning, where he averages 8.7 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Team leader for the first undergraduate team to win the Duke Startup Challenge.
- Over 15 years of experience in the IT industry.
- NetCom Learning Instructor of the Year 2011.
Sam Polsky has spent his entire career in entrepreneurial pursuits, including such fields as biotechnology, software development, data management, and business process management. He began in entrepreneurship as team leader for the first undergraduate team to win the Duke Startup Challenge, a business development competition geared towards Duke Universitys various graduate schools.
Sam Polsky has since co-founded a consulting firm where he has been involved in software architecture, development and implementation. On top of that, Sam has been delivering acclaimed solutions in software architecture, development and implementation for over 15 years. He is a much-admired Subject Matter Expert and Trainer at NetCom Learning and was voted NetCom Learning Instructor of the Year 2011
Back to Top
Really liked the teaching style of the instructor. Exercises felt relevant and we created full works vs. just practicing and following steps in the book.
Diana C.Course(s) Taken
» Adobe Illustrator CS6 Combo
Excellent Instructor! Very clear instructions, easy to understand, patient and a good sense of humour
Vijayanti R.Course(s) Taken
» Adobe Graphic and Web Designer CS5 (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
I would highly recommend NetCom because they are professional and I learned so much in the classes. The instructors are amazing. I think like the classes where some so I felt it was a very personalize situation, therefore I got so much more out of it. Classes are not easy but very professional and I love that you can retake the course and view online (webinar) nothing bad to say.
» Adobe Illustrator CS6 Combo
More testimonials »
Back to Top