CompTIA Security+ Certification Prep Boot Camp
CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-401) is the primary course you will need to take if your job responsibilities include securing network services, devices, and traffic in your organization. You can also take this course to prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination. In this course, you will build on your knowledge of and professional experience with security fundamentals, networks, and organizational security as you acquire the specific skills required to implement basic security services on any type of computer network.
This course can benefit you in two ways. If you intend to pass the CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-401) certification examination, this course can be a significant part of your preparation. But certification is not the only key to professional success in the field of computer security. Today's job market demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you build your computer security skill set so that you can confidently perform your duties in any security-related role.
- Instructor-led Classroom Training
- BootCamp Training
- Online Training
- Corporate Training
- Onsite Training
- One-on-One Training
- Facilitated Training
- Exam Voucher
Ask us about our Security+ DOD 8570 Compliance special pricing and onsite scheduling options.
- » Instructor-led Training -- Learn from expert instructors who are themselves certified and have years of experience in the real world as well as in teaching. A large majority of our instructors are part-time consultants and provide solutions to a wide variety of companies.
- » High Quality Courseware -- Vendor Authorized course ware. In addition you will get pre-study material when you sign up, so you are well prepared for the course.
- » Security+ test voucher -- The boot camp includes one test voucher for SY0-401 exam.
- » Certification Attainment Policy (CAP) -- We are confident of the quality of our boot camp. Please see our CAP section below for details.
- » The best test preparation software -- Software from a leading test-prep provider is included for CCNA at no extra charge.
- » Skills Assessment -- The only boot camp that makes sure all the students have the correct prerequisites.
- » 4 days of complete immersion and distraction-free training -- Includes 40 hours of lectures, hands on labs, topic reviews, test preparation and testing.
- » Testing at Training Site -- Convenience is the key. You don't have to find and schedule your test with an authorized testing center. NetCom Learning is an authorized testing center and you can take the test as soon as you are ready. This feature may not be available at all locations. Please confirm with us if the location you selected has testing available.
- » Travel Package Assistance (Hotel and/or Air) -- NetCom offers a travel package featuring round trip airfare to Las Vegas and hotel assistance.
Back to Top
- » This course is targeted toward the information technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows®-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks; familiarity with other operating systems, such as Mac OS X®, Unix, or Linux; and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring foundational knowledge of security topics; prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination; or use Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
Back to Top
- » Identify the fundamental concepts of computer security.
- » Identify security threats and vulnerabilities.
- » Manage data, application, and host security.
- » Implement network security.
- » Identify and implement access control and account management security measures.
- » Manage certificates.
- » Identify and implement compliance and operational security measures.
- » Manage risk.
- » Troubleshoot and manage security incidents.
- » Plan for business continuity and disaster recovery.
Back to Top
- Lesson 1: Security Fundamentals
- Topic A: The Information Security Cycle
- Topic B: Information Security Controls
- Topic C: Authentication Methods
- Topic D: Cryptography Fundamentals
- Topic E: Security Policy Fundamentals
- Lesson 2: Identifying Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Topic A: Social Engineering
- Topic B: Malware
- Topic C: Software-Based Threats
- Topic D: Network-Based Threats
- Topic E: Wireless Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Topic F: Physical Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Lesson 3: Managing Data, Application, and Host Security
- Topic A: Manage Data Security
- Topic B: Manage Application Security
- Topic C: Manage Device and Host Security
- Topic D: Manage Mobile Security
- Lesson 4: Implementing Network Security
- Topic A: Configure Security Parameters on Network Devices and Technologies
- Topic B: Network Design Elements and Components
- Topic C: Implement Networking Protocols and Services
- Topic D: Apply Secure Network Administration Principles
- Topic E: Secure Wireless Traffic
- Lesson 5: Implementing Access Control, Authentication, and Account Management
- Topic A: Access Control and Authentication Services
- Topic B: Implement Account Management Security Controls
- Lesson 6: Managing Certificates
- Topic A: Install a CA Hierarchy
- Topic B: Enroll Certificates
- Topic C: Secure Network Traffic by Using Certificates
- Topic D: Renew Certificates
- Topic E: Back Up and Restore Certificates and Private Keys
- Topic F: Revoke Certificates
- Lesson 7: Implementing Compliance and Operational Security
- Topic A: Physical Security
- Topic B: Legal Compliance
- Topic C: Security Awareness and Training
- Topic D: Integrate Systems and Data with Third Parties
- Lesson 8: Risk Management
- Topic A: Risk Analysis
- Topic B: Implement Vulnerability Assessment Tools and Techniques
- Topic C: Scan for Vulnerabilities
- Topic D: Mitigation and Deterrent Techniques
- Lesson 9: Troubleshooting and Managing Security Incidents
- Topic A: Respond to Security Incidents
- Topic B: Recover from a Security Incident
- Lesson 10: Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
- Topic A: Business Continuity
- Topic B: Plan for Disaster Recovery
- Topic C: Execute DRPs and Procedures
Back to Top
- » CompTIA Security+ meets the ISO 17024 standard and is approved by U.S. Department of Defense to fulfill Directive 8570.01-M requirements. It is compliant with government regulations under the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
Back to Top
- » SY0-401 : CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- More than 25 years of know-how in the IT industry, including Product Engineering at Panasonic.
- CompTIA and Microsoft Subject Matter Expert with over 9 certifications.
- Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006, where has trained more than 1300 students.
Richard Brown is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and Subject Matter Expert specializing in Microsoft and CompTIA. Richard has more than 25 years of experience in the IT industry with a successful career as Product and Network Engineer in Fortune 500 companies such as Panasonic.
A sought-after enterprise technician, Richard is a natural educator teaching beginner to advanced Server 2008 R2 and SharePoint 2010 as well as A+ and Network+ classes. Richard has trained more than 1300 students at NetCom Learning with an average evaluation score of 8.6 out of 9 since 2006.
William "Glen" C.
- Highly experienced IT professional, working in the IT industry since 1989.
- CompTIA and Microsoft Windows Subject Matter Expert, holding several certifications from both vendors.
- Incomparable technical skills in Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008.
Glen is an experienced IT professional, working in the IT industry since 1989. His experience began over 20 years ago, when he used to install and maintain automated systems at Time Management Systems. At the same time Glen would build computers for friends and train them as well, and that is how he developed a passion for teaching.
Glen also holds several CompTIA and Microsoft certifications. As a Subject Matter Expert, he has a lot of experience developing hands-on Server 2008 training labs and curriculums, while also giving numerous lectures on CompTIA A+, Network +, and Security +, as well as Windows 7.
- Vastly experienced working within multinational environments and capable of connecting to different audiences
- In-depth expertise in the implementation, troubleshooting and documentation of networks and security systems, with strong "hands on" technical knowledge of CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
- Master of Science in Electronics Engineering, and holder of several technical certifications.
- Highly-skilled in diverse fields ranging from Security, Computer Forensics, Networking, Routing Protocols, Programming, Databases and Applications to name a few.
With over 25 years of technical experience, Emilio brings a dynamic set of skills supported by a Masters Degree in Electronics Engineering and on-the-field experience working in multinational environments. He also holds more than 12 Cisco, CompTIA, and Microsoft certifications. Although he is well versed and thorough in multiple technological fields, his technical forte lies in the security domain, specifically CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
Emilio's skills have evolved over time, studying closely and constantly staying well informed of the growing cyber threats. These are just some of the few reasons why Emilio brings to his classes more than just what's in the books.
- Highly-skilled in graphics and web software including Adobe CS3, CS4 & CS5 Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Captivate, Acrobat and Quark;
- Expert in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2000.
- Over 20 years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations such as McCann Erickson, Lintas, and Publicis.
Carmille has been a Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer for years. She specializes in web development, business productivity and digital media applications such as SharePoint, Quark and the Adobe Creative Suite as well as numerous programming languages including XML, XHMTL, HTML and CSS.
Carmille is passionate about educating and has a unique talent for making complex design and development principals seem "easy" to students from all levels of expertise. She currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, Microsoft Office Specialist, SharePoint End User and the acclaimed Website Development Professional courses at NetCom Learning. Her 20+ years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations bring a special and innovative approach to her classes at NetCom Learning.
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Bachelors Degree in Mathematics and holder of several Cisco, CompTIA and Microsoft certifications.
- Experienced instructor working in the field since 1999 and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006.
- Worked as Technical Support at Solomon Smith Barney/Citibank.
Enayat Meer has a Bachelors Degree in Mathematics and holds numerous certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, MCT, and MCTS to name a few. He is an experienced trainer, and has served as an A+, NT4.0, Window 2000 and Windows 2003 instructor in a variety of New York schools since 1999. Since that time, he has also provided technical support at Solomon Smith Barney/Citibank in its private banking and global assets management group.
Enayat has trained over 800 students at NetCom Learning. He has been a Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006 and his hands-on project expertise is an invaluable addition to NetCom Learning's classroom instruction, helping to bring theoretical topics to life.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science from Boston University along with several certifications.
- Over 25 years of experience in the IT field and expert in Unix, GNU/Linux, and Oracle ecosystems.
- More than 10 years working as a Software Engineer in multinational companies such as Hewlett-Packard.
Finnbarr has both breadth and in-depth knowledge of Unix, GNU/Linux, and Oracle with 25+ years of experience in operating system internals development, system administration, application development and project management on a wide variety of hardware and software platforms. As a Software Engineer, he developed and managed numerous projects in multinational companies such as Hewlett-Packard.
Finnbarr is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers as well as a Moderator at unix.com. He is also a top Instructor and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning and is well recognized by the students for his knowledge and his great teaching technique.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- NY State Certified instructor since 1998.
- Highly-skilled A+ and Network+ instructor; consistently scoring 9/9 on evaluation scores.
- Acclaimed by students to be a very knowledgeable and hands-on instructor, while mixing personal and professional experiences with training.
Owen has a NY State instructor license since 1998 and has been working in the industry since then. He is a Subject Matter Expert in A+ and Network+, consistently scoring 9/ 9 on student evaluation scores.
Owen brings real life situations into the classroom to help students better understand how the technology is being used and how to resolve issues. He is very acclaimed by his students for his knowledge and teaching techniques.
- Microsoft Office Specialist with over 14 years of training experience.
- Expert in the IT industry, working in the IT field since 1986.
- Highly rated instructor with an all-time average evaluation score of 8.7 out of 9.
Paul is Subject Matter Expert specializing in the Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint end-user technologies with more than 25 years of practical experience in the IT industry. He is also a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) with over 14 years of training experience.
A sought-after instructor and eternal favorite among students, his instructor feedback scores are among the industry's highest at 8.7 out of 9.0. As a trainer, his knowledge and passion for the subject matter as well as his personable nature, excellent communications skills and sense of humor are implicit in every class. NetCom Learning is proud to have Paul on our roster of IT geniuses.
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
- IT Trainer with focus on A+ and Network+ since 1999.
- Top instructor at NetCom Learning since 2008, averaging 8.8 out of 9 on evaluation scores.
- Hands-on instructor, always well known for engaging class participation and exchange of ideas.
Raul is a highly-skilled IT instructor with over 13 years of experience in A+ and Network+ training. He has been teaching at NetCom Learning since 2008 and has averaged 8.8 out of 9 on evaluation scores since then.
Raul is recognized as a Subject Matter Expert due to his vast knowledge and teaching techniques. He is an adored trainer, very well known for engaging class participation and exchange of ideas, and his hands-on instruction approach makes him one of NetCom Learning??s top instructors.
- Over 20 years experience in the IT industry.
- CEH and Microsoft training for many government agencies, including the United States Department of Homeland Security, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- CEH and Microsoft training for Fortune corporations such as Merrill Lynch and ADP.
Richard is a premier Microsoft Certified Trainer and Certified EC-Council Instructor. He has over 20 years of experience as a network administrator, security consultant, vulnerability assessor, and penetration tester for assorted Fortune companies.
Richard??s knowledge on the development and implementation of policies and procedures concerning the security of network data is unsurpassed. He has conducted successful CEH and Microsoft training classes for many government agencies including the United States Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, as well as Fortune enterprises such as Merrill Lynch and ADP.
- Subject Matter Expert working in the network administration field since 1996.
- Holds 21 Microsoft Certifications.
- Consistently scores 9 out of 9 on student evaluations.
Ruzbeh Kheirabi has worked in network administration since 1996 and has extensive experience consulting, installing and customizing products required to provide robust networking for a diverse customer base. In addition, Ruzbeh got his first Microsoft certification in 2003 and since then he has added 20 more certifications.
As a NetCom Learning instructor, Ruzbeh has conducted training in CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications, as well as courses for Microsoft certifications (MCDST, MCSA, and MCSE) using Microsoft Official Curriculum. He masters 9 out of 9 on evaluation scores consistently and holds an all-time average score of 8.7.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top