Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers v4.0 - BGP
Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers version 4.0 provides students with in-depth knowledge of Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), the routing protocol that is one of the foundations of the Internet and New World technologies such as Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS). This curriculum covers the theory of BGP, configuration of BGP on Cisco IOS routers, detailed troubleshooting information, and hands-on exercises that provide learners with the skills that they need to configure and troubleshoot BGP networks in customer environments. Different service solutions in the curriculum cover BGP network design issues and usage rules for various BGP features, preparing learners to design and implement efficient, optimal, and troublefree BGP networks.
- » The primary audience for this course is intended primarily for network administrators, network engineers, network managers and systems engineers who would like to implement BGP.
- » The secondary audience for this course is intended for network designers and project managers. The course is also recommended to all individuals preparing for BGP exam.
Back to Top
- » Describe how to configure, monitor, and troubleshoot basic BGP to enable interdomain routing in a network scenario with multiple domains
- » Describe how to use BGP policy controls to influence the BGP route selection process in a network scenario In which you must support connections to multiple ISPs
- » Describe how to use BGP attributes to influence the route selection process in a network scenario where you must support multiple connections
- » Describe how to successfully connect the customer network to the Internet in a network scenario in which multiple connections must be implemented
- » Describe how to configure the service provider network to behave as a transit AS in a typical implementation with multiple BGP connections to other autonomous systems
- » Enable route reflection as possible solution to BGP scaling issues in a typical service provider network with multiple BGP connections to other autonomous systems
- » Describe the available BGP tools and features to optimize the scalability of the BGP routing protocol in a typical BGP network
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top