Designing Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric v5.0 - DCUFD (Professional)
The Designing Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric (DCUFD) v5.0 is a five-day instructor-led course aimed at providing data center designers with the knowledge and skills needed to design scalable, reliable, and intelligent data center unified fabrics, and virtualization solutions based on the Cisco Fabric Extenders (FEXs), Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), Cisco FabricPath, and equipment and link virtualization technologies.
The course describes the Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric solutions, and explains how to evaluate existing data center infrastructure, determine the requirements, and design the Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric solution based on Cisco products and technologies.
To participate in the hands-on labs in this class, you need to bring a laptop computer with the following:
- We recommend using at least a Pentium 4 or better and 1 GB of RAM or more.
- We recommend running Windows XP Professional SP3 or greater (Vista & Windows 7/8).
- Mac & Linux machines are also supported.
- Browser Requirements: Internet Explorer 10 or greater or Mozilla Firefox. (Safari and Mozilla Firefox for Mac OSX)
- All students are required to have administrator rights to their PCs and cannot be logged in to a domain using any Group Policies that will limit their machine's capabilities.
- If you do not have administrator rights to your PC, you at least need permissions to download, install, and run Cisco Any Connect Client.
- If you are participating in a WebEx event, it is highly recommended to take this class at a location that has bandwidth speeds at a minimum of 1 Mbps bandwidth speeds.
- » Data center designers, data center administrators, and system engineers
- » Data center engineers and managers
- » Program and project managers
Back to Top
- » Evaluate the data center solution design and design process regarding contemporary data center challenges, Cisco Data Center Architecture solution, and components
- » Technologies used in data centers, scalability implications, and their possible use in cloud environments
- » Design data center connections and topologies in the core layer
- » Design data center storage designs, solutions, and limitations of various storage technologies
- » Design secure data centers that are protected from application-based threats, network security threats, and physical security threats
- » Design data center infrastructure that is required to implement network-based application services
- » Design data center management to facilitate monitoring, managing, and provisioning of data center equipment and applications
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
I would recommend NetCom Learning because the training is first class. The material is explained thoroughly with real world scenarios as well. The instructors are currently in the field so they are speaking from current experience.
- Jay C.
» Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing v5.0 - DCUCI (Professional)
More testimonials »
Back to Top