PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)®
Today more than ever the world is moving towards project-based work. The jobs of business analysts and solution builders are intermingled with project environments and management of projects. The Project Management Institute PMI® has recognized the need to educate and certify the role of the business analyst as viewed through the lens of the project. With the introduction of the Project Management Institute Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)® credential, PMI is formalizing the importance of BA work in the project management world. They have highlighted specific knowledge areas, skills, and published materials which describe the value of business analysis to projects, and built the new PMI-PBA certification around them. We teach you exactly what you need to know to pass the exam on your first try and add this newly-minted BA credential to your qualifications.
PMI, PMBOK, CAPM, PMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-PBA are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc
- » Business Customers, Users or Partners
- » Business Analysts
- » Business Systems Analysts
- » Project Managers or Team Leaders
- » Systems Architects or Designers
- » IT Managers/Directors
- » Systems or Application Developers
- » QA Professionals
- » Systems Testers
- » Systems Analysts
- » Anyone wanting to enhance their business analysis skills
Back to Top
- » Apply the learned processes when you manage a business analysis project in real life
- » Use visual diagrams to guide you through any business analysis activity, with the related inputs and outputs relationships
- » Produce needed models to initiate, plan, execute, business analysis projects in real life
- » Understand business process analysis. Do not cram it.
- » You cant apply what you dont understand.
- » Apply for the certification examination and PASS
Back to Top
- Introduction: Identifying Key Requirements Management Definitions
- What is Business Analysis?
- What are the Roles of the Business Analyst?
- The Requirements Management Process
- Project Methodologies
- PMI Code of Ethics
- Needs Assessment
- Defining Business Problems or Opportunities
- Developing a Solutions Scope Statement or Business Case
- Determining the Business Problem or Opportunity Value
- Identifying Business Needs
- Identifying Stakeholders and Stakeholder Values
- Determining Business Analysis Activities
- Establishing Requirements Traceability
- Preparing the Requirements Management Plan
- Defining Requirements Change Control and Communication Processes
- Identifying Document Control Processes
- Specifying Business Metrics and Defining Acceptance Criteria
- Eliciting and Identifying Requirements
- Analyzing, Decomposing, and Elaborating Requirements
- Evaluating Options and Decision-Making
- Allocating Requirements and Creating a Requirements Baseline
- Facilitating Stakeholder Consensus in order to Obtain Sign-off
- Creating Requirements Specifications
- Validating Requirements with Stakeholders
- Elaborating and Specifying Detailed Business Metrics and Detailed Acceptance Criteria
- Traceability and Monitoring
- Tracking the Status, Sources, and Relationships of Requirements
- Monitoring the Lifecycle of Requirements
- Updating the Status of Requirements and Communicating Requirements States to Stakeholders
- Using Communication Methods to Share Important Requirements Information and Status with Stakeholders
- Determining and Managing Change Impacts to the Requirements
- Comparing Solutions Test Results to Defined Requirements Acceptance Criteria
- Analyzing, Communicating, and Resolving Solution Gap Analysis
- Obtaining Stakeholder Sign-off and Moving Toward Deployment
- Measuring How Well the Solution Met Business Needs and Values
- What to Expect on the Exam
- The PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA) SM Application Process
- Exam Requirements
- Exam Overview
- Preparing for the Exam
- Understanding the Questions
- Taking the Exam
- General Tips to Help You Through the Process
- Final Practice Exam
Back to Top
- » (PMI-PBA)® : PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) since 2000.
- Founding member of the Long Island Chapter of the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Expert in Management Plan development including scope documentation, cost estimating, budget planning, risk management plans and schedule development as well as implementing and managing construction projects, environmental remediation projects, and Information Technology projects.
Alan MacIntyre is a Project Management Professional with more than 15 years of project management experience across a wide range of industries. He obtained his certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) in 2000 and is a founding member of the Long Island Chapter of the Project Management Institute (PMI).
As a trainer Alan has provided essential organizational development services to the Dept. of Energy (DOE), Dept. of Homeland Security (DHS), Dept. of Defense (DoD), Boston University, Johnson & Johnson, and JP Morgan Chase. He currently delivers NetCom Learning's PMP Certification Training program which boasts a 98% pass rate for students who took the class at NetCom Learning.
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
- Founder and Managing Partner of Guided Technology Inc. which provides Microsoft
consulting expertise and educational services for corporate and government.
- At Guided Technology, Ron was responsible for creating a strategic roadmap for
First Data Corporation.
- At New York City Department of Finance, as Senior Manager & Design Architect,
Ron designed and implemented IBM Servers collecting $15 billion in tax revenue.
Ron has always enjoyed teaching and instructing others, whether in the installation
process of software and hardware upgrades, or as working as the Head of Training
for Valinor, a Microsoft Consulting Partner, where Ron managed the company's
training centers and worked as a Senior Instructor (MCT).
In addition to working in the management level of the business and software
consulting market for over 18 years, Ron also worked as a Surface Warfare Officer
and Weapons Officer in the United States Navy, serving two tours of duty. He served
aboard the USS Tuscaloosa from 1984 -1987, and participated in two Western Pacific
Ron loves basketball and played on Trinity College's varsity basketball team for all
four years of college.
- Certified Project Management Professional (P.M.P) since 2002.
- Project Management Professional (P.M.P.) with over 30 years of training and consulting business experience.
- Developed and delivered over 600 project management and Microsoft Project workshops to more than 6500 professionals in the past 21 years.
Paul S. Adler is a Project Management Professional (P.M.P.) with over 30 years of training and consulting business experience. He has taught several PMP-preparatory workshops for clients across North America such as Siemens and several departments of the Government of Canada. In addition, Mr. Adler developed and delivered over 600 project management and Microsoft Project workshops to more than 6500 professionals during the past 21 years.
The courses he teaches at NetCom Learning are based on the internationally recognized standards known as the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) developed by the Project Management Institute. Paul consistently applies a logical, systematic approach to project management consulting & training that is based on his scientific background and training experience. His techniques are derived from his expertise in managing software development, course design and delivery projects as well as from his excellent communications skills.
Back to Top