50223: Relationship Management in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009
This two-day instructor-led training course, Relationship Management in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009, provides students with necessary information to perform tasks in the Relationship Management functionality. This includes working with contacts, managing tasks and opportunities, archiving and restoring documents, working with campaigns and segmentation, and synchronizing Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 entities with Microsoft Office Outlook items.
- » The course is intended for people working with Microsoft Dynamics solutions, partners who want to set up and demonstrate Relationship Management, and for administrators who want to provide support for Relationship Management.
Back to Top
- » Set up a Role Center for working with Relationship Management.
- » Set up Relationship Management.
- » Manage work with contacts.
- » Create interactions and manage document flow.
- » Work with campaigns and segments.
- » Handle tasks and opportunities.
- » Create, assign, and update profile questionnaires.
- » Deal with multilanguage salutation and attachment.
- » Use quotations to Contact for working with sales and purchase documents.
- » Archive and restore documents.
- » Perform synchronization between Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 objects and Microsoft Office Outlook items.
Back to Top
- Relationship Management
- Defining Relationship Management
- Relationship Management Functionality
- Selling Points for Relationship Management
- Relationship Management Setup
- Setting Up the Role Center
- Marketing Setup Window
- Setting Up Automatically Recorded Interactions
- Setting Up Synchronization Between Contacts and Customers, Vendors, and/or Bank Accounts
- Setting Up Duplicate Search
- Setting Up Contact Information
- Contact Card
- Creating Contact Companies
- Creating Contact Persons
- Searching for Contacts
- Searching for Duplicates
- Synchronizing Contacts with Customers, Vendors, and Bank Accounts
- Exporting Contacts
- Contact Statistics
- Contact Reports
- Campaigns and Segmentation
- Setting Up Campaigns
- Creating Interactions for Campaigns
- Campaign Pricing
- Campaign Statistics
- Setting Up Segments
- Saving Segmentation Criteria
- Linking Segments to Campaigns
- Creating Interactions for Segments
- Logging the Segment and Printing Letters
- Interactions and Document Management
- Setting Up Interactions
- Using the Create Interaction Wizard
- Making Phone Calls
- Automatically Recorded Interactions
- Canceling and Deleting Interaction Log Entries
- Interaction Statistics
- Task Management
- Setting Up Teams
- Setting Up Activities
- Assigning Activities
- Delegating To-Dos
- Sending E-Mail Meeting Invitations
- Closing, Canceling and Deleting To-Dos
- Viewing Statistical Information About To-Dos
- Opportunity Management
- Setting Up Opportunity Parameters
- Setting Up Opportunities
- Viewing Opportunities
- Creating To-Dos for Opportunities
- Creating Sales Quotes and Orders for Opportunities
- Closing and Deleting Opportunities
- Opportunity Statistics
- Profiling and Classification
- Profile Questionnaires
- Contact Rating
- Adding Contacts to Segments Using Profile Information
- Testing and Printing Questionnaires
- The Multilanguage Salutation and Attachment
- Setting Up Salutations
- Assigning Salutation Code to a Contact
- Creating an Interaction with a Salutation in an Attachment
- Sending Multilanguage Documents to Contacts in the Segment
- Quotation to Contacts
- Setting Up Customer Templates
- Using Contact and Customer Template Information
- Document Archiving
- Saving a Sales Quote
- Restoring a Sales Quote
- Saving a Sales Order
- Restoring a Sales Order
- Outlook Synchronization
- Setting Up Outlook Synchronization on the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Side
- Setting Up Outlook Synchronization on the Outlook side
- Synchronization Process
- Points to Remember
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
David is a hands-on, dynamic and experienced financial systems consultant with successful work history of implementing large scale ERP systems, managing and directly responsible for data migration, financial report validation and customization, end-user training, process documentation and automation.
David has been a trainer for more 21 years.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University.
- Over 9 years of experience as a Master Certified Trainer. Expert in MS Dynamics GP Financials, Installation, HR/Payroll, Project Accounting, Inventory and Integration Manager.
- Project Manager to various MS Dynamics Great Plains implementations.
Ginger holds a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University. Her career started as an Auditor for Deloitte & Touch and over the years she developed her passion for Microsoft Dynamics, implementing Dynamics GP and Project Cost in the Professional Services, Commercial Real Estate and Medical Facilities vertical markets.
Ginger's experience with Microsoft Dynamics is unparalleled. As a Certified Master Dynamics trainer, she stays abreast of the latest Dynamics modules and shares experience with a very hands-on training technique at NetCom Learning.
- Over 25 years of experience working as Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor.
- Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at the University of Phoenix since 2007.
- Microsoft Certifications in Financials, Trade & Logistics, Production and Human Resources Management as well as Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since 2009.
Lynn is a very accomplished Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor with over 25 years of experience. She has been a Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2009 and a Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at University of Phoenix since 2007. In addition to several other Microsoft certifications, she is also a specialist in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Lynn has taught several Microsoft Dynamics AX courses at NetCom Learning and is described by her students as very knowledgeable, qualified, and patient with her approach. Her classes are very dynamic and energetic, just as the course per se.
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
- Founder and Managing Partner of Guided Technology Inc. which provides Microsoft
consulting expertise and educational services for corporate and government.
- At Guided Technology, Ron was responsible for creating a strategic roadmap for
First Data Corporation.
- At New York City Department of Finance, as Senior Manager & Design Architect,
Ron designed and implemented IBM Servers collecting $15 billion in tax revenue.
Ron has always enjoyed teaching and instructing others, whether in the installation
process of software and hardware upgrades, or as working as the Head of Training
for Valinor, a Microsoft Consulting Partner, where Ron managed the company's
training centers and worked as a Senior Instructor (MCT).
In addition to working in the management level of the business and software
consulting market for over 18 years, Ron also worked as a Surface Warfare Officer
and Weapons Officer in the United States Navy, serving two tours of duty. He served
aboard the USS Tuscaloosa from 1984 -1987, and participated in two Western Pacific
Ron loves basketball and played on Trinity College's varsity basketball team for all
four years of college.
Back to Top