CompTIA Linux+ Certification Powered by LPI
CompTIA Linux+ Certification Powered by LPI is a vendor neutral credential. It prepares the candidate with the foundational skills and knowledge to work as a Linux administrator. Learning Linux is significant for any IT professional as it’s the operating system used in majority of the IT infrastructures.
CompTIA Linux +Training courses at NetCom is delivered through domain experts who share real-life scenarios based on their experiences. Focus is led on Linux installation, use of commands, file system, user management, networking fundamentals, and basic security. Honing essential Linux skills with a valid certification opens up tremendous job opportunities across the world for managing and configuring web, cloud and mobile based systems and applications.
CompTIA Linux+ certification is comprised of two exams – LX0-103 and LX0-104. Candidates must pass LX0-103 before taking LX0-104.
- Instructor-led Classroom Training
- BootCamp Training
- Online Training
- Corporate Training
- Onsite Training
- One-on-One Training
- Facilitated Training
Exam Format for LX0-103 and LX0-104
- Multiple Choice (Single Response), Multiple Response and Fill-in-the-Blank
- Number of Questions: 60
- Exam Duration: 90 minutes
- Pass Score: 500 (on a scale of 200-800)
When you earn the CompTIA Linux+ certification, you also qualify for the LPIC-1 certification. Please note that you cannot earn LPIC-1 and then apply for Linux+. The Linux+ must be earned first. (This offer is NOT available in Japan.)
Following are the steps to earn two certifications with Linux+:
1. Earn your Linux+
2. Once you have passed both Linux+ exams, log into your CompTIA certification account. Choose Demographics | Settings. On the Settings page check the box to have your information forwarded to LPI, then click Submit.
- » IT professionals looking to become competent in Linux-based system and network administration and management
- » IT professionals looking to work as Junior-level System Administrators, or in software or web development field
- » Anyone who is looking to become a professional in Linux or Unix environment
Back to Top
- » Learn to prepare for Linux system installation, implement a custom installation, and troubleshoot Linux systems
- » Learn to log in and enter commands on Linux systems
- » Understand how to start, restart and shut down Linux workstations
- » Learn to manage the filesystem, rights to directories and files, print services and multitasking
- » Configure users and groups, Linux environment and network services
- » Implement security practices
Back to Top
- System Architecture
- Determine and Configure hardware settings
- Boot the System
- Change runlevels and shutdown or reboot system
- Linux Installation and Package Management
- Design hard disk layout
- Install a boot manager
- Manage shared libraries
- Use Debian package management
- Use RPM and YUM package management
- GNU and Unix Commands
- Work on the command line
- Process text streams using filters
- Perform basic file management
- Use streams, pipes and redirects
- Create, monitor and kill processes
- Modify process execution priorities
- Search text files using regular expressions
- Perform basic file editing operations using vi
- Devices, Linux Filesystems, Filesystem Hierarchy
- Create partitions and filesystems
- Maintain the integrity of filesystems
- Control mounting and unmounting of filesystems
- Manage disk quotas
- Manage file permissions and ownership
- Create and change hard and symbolic links
- Find system files and place files in the correct location
- Shells, Scripting and Data Management
- Customize and use the shell environment
- Customize or write simple scripts
- SQL data management
- User Interfaces and Desktops
- Install and configure X11
- Setup a display manager
- Administrative Tasks
- Manage user and group accounts and related system files
- Automate system administration tasks by scheduling jobs
- Localization and internationalization
- Essential System Services
- Maintain system time
- System logging
- Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) basics
- Manage printers and printing
- Networking Fundamentals
- Fundamentals of internet protocols
- Basic network configuration
- Basic network troubleshooting
- Configure client side DNS
- Perform security administration tasks
- Setup host security
- Securing data with encryption
Back to Top
- » Large organizations such as the U.S. Navy, Dell, HP, BAE Systems, Northrop Grumman and the U.S. Department of Defense employ CompTIA Linux+ Powered by LPI certified IT professionals.
- » IT professionals who earn their CompTIA Linux+ certification can receive the LPIC-1 from LPI. Earning a Linux+ certification is the beginning of a path that will lead to advanced, distribution-specific Linux certifications.
Back to Top
- » LX0-103 : CompTIA Linux+ (Powered by LPI) Exam 1
- » LX0-104 : CompTIA Linux+ (Powered by LPI) Exam 2
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Masters Degree in Computer Science from Boston University along with several certifications.
- Over 25 years of experience in the IT field and expert in Unix, GNU/Linux, and Oracle ecosystems.
- More than 10 years working as a Software Engineer in multinational companies such as Hewlett-Packard.
Finnbarr has both breadth and in-depth knowledge of Unix, GNU/Linux, and Oracle with 25+ years of experience in operating system internals development, system administration, application development and project management on a wide variety of hardware and software platforms. As a Software Engineer, he developed and managed numerous projects in multinational companies such as Hewlett-Packard.
Finnbarr is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers as well as a Moderator at unix.com. He is also a top Instructor and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning and is well recognized by the students for his knowledge and his great teaching technique.
- Vastly experienced working within multinational environments and capable of connecting to different audiences
- In-depth expertise in the implementation, troubleshooting and documentation of networks and security systems, with strong "hands on" technical knowledge of CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
- Master of Science in Electronics Engineering, and holder of several technical certifications.
- Highly-skilled in diverse fields ranging from Security, Computer Forensics, Networking, Routing Protocols, Programming, Databases and Applications to name a few.
With over 25 years of technical experience, Emilio brings a dynamic set of skills supported by a Masters Degree in Electronics Engineering and on-the-field experience working in multinational environments. He also holds more than 12 Cisco, CompTIA, and Microsoft certifications. Although he is well versed and thorough in multiple technological fields, his technical forte lies in the security domain, specifically CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
Emilio's skills have evolved over time, studying closely and constantly staying well informed of the growing cyber threats. These are just some of the few reasons why Emilio brings to his classes more than just what's in the books.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Highly-skilled in graphics and web software including Adobe CS3, CS4 & CS5 Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Captivate, Acrobat and Quark;
- Expert in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2000.
- Over 20 years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations such as McCann Erickson, Lintas, and Publicis.
Carmille has been a Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer for years. She specializes in web development, business productivity and digital media applications such as SharePoint, Quark and the Adobe Creative Suite as well as numerous programming languages including XML, XHMTL, HTML and CSS.
Carmille is passionate about educating and has a unique talent for making complex design and development principals seem "easy" to students from all levels of expertise. She currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, Microsoft Office Specialist, SharePoint End User and the acclaimed Website Development Professional courses at NetCom Learning. Her 20+ years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations bring a special and innovative approach to her classes at NetCom Learning.
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Bachelors Degree in Mathematics and holder of several Cisco, CompTIA and Microsoft certifications.
- Experienced instructor working in the field since 1999 and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006.
- Worked as Technical Support at Solomon Smith Barney/Citibank.
Enayat Meer has a Bachelors Degree in Mathematics and holds numerous certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, MCT, and MCTS to name a few. He is an experienced trainer, and has served as an A+, NT4.0, Window 2000 and Windows 2003 instructor in a variety of New York schools since 1999. Since that time, he has also provided technical support at Solomon Smith Barney/Citibank in its private banking and global assets management group.
Enayat has trained over 800 students at NetCom Learning. He has been a Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006 and his hands-on project expertise is an invaluable addition to NetCom Learning's classroom instruction, helping to bring theoretical topics to life.
- NY State Certified instructor since 1998.
- Highly-skilled A+ and Network+ instructor; consistently scoring 9/9 on evaluation scores.
- Acclaimed by students to be a very knowledgeable and hands-on instructor, while mixing personal and professional experiences with training.
Owen has a NY State instructor license since 1998 and has been working in the industry since then. He is a Subject Matter Expert in A+ and Network+, consistently scoring 9/ 9 on student evaluation scores.
Owen brings real life situations into the classroom to help students better understand how the technology is being used and how to resolve issues. He is very acclaimed by his students for his knowledge and teaching techniques.
- Microsoft Office Specialist with over 14 years of training experience.
- Expert in the IT industry, working in the IT field since 1986.
- Highly rated instructor with an all-time average evaluation score of 8.7 out of 9.
Paul is Subject Matter Expert specializing in the Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint end-user technologies with more than 25 years of practical experience in the IT industry. He is also a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) with over 14 years of training experience.
A sought-after instructor and eternal favorite among students, his instructor feedback scores are among the industry's highest at 8.7 out of 9.0. As a trainer, his knowledge and passion for the subject matter as well as his personable nature, excellent communications skills and sense of humor are implicit in every class. NetCom Learning is proud to have Paul on our roster of IT geniuses.
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
- IT Trainer with focus on A+ and Network+ since 1999.
- Top instructor at NetCom Learning since 2008, averaging 8.8 out of 9 on evaluation scores.
- Hands-on instructor, always well known for engaging class participation and exchange of ideas.
Raul is a highly-skilled IT instructor with over 13 years of experience in A+ and Network+ training. He has been teaching at NetCom Learning since 2008 and has averaged 8.8 out of 9 on evaluation scores since then.
Raul is recognized as a Subject Matter Expert due to his vast knowledge and teaching techniques. He is an adored trainer, very well known for engaging class participation and exchange of ideas, and his hands-on instruction approach makes him one of NetCom Learning??s top instructors.
- More than 25 years of know-how in the IT industry, including Product Engineering at Panasonic.
- CompTIA and Microsoft Subject Matter Expert with over 9 certifications.
- Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006, where has trained more than 1300 students.
Richard Brown is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and Subject Matter Expert specializing in Microsoft and CompTIA. Richard has more than 25 years of experience in the IT industry with a successful career as Product and Network Engineer in Fortune 500 companies such as Panasonic.
A sought-after enterprise technician, Richard is a natural educator teaching beginner to advanced Server 2008 R2 and SharePoint 2010 as well as A+ and Network+ classes. Richard has trained more than 1300 students at NetCom Learning with an average evaluation score of 8.6 out of 9 since 2006.
- Over 20 years experience in the IT industry.
- CEH and Microsoft training for many government agencies, including the United States Department of Homeland Security, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- CEH and Microsoft training for Fortune corporations such as Merrill Lynch and ADP.
Richard is a premier Microsoft Certified Trainer and Certified EC-Council Instructor. He has over 20 years of experience as a network administrator, security consultant, vulnerability assessor, and penetration tester for assorted Fortune companies.
Richard??s knowledge on the development and implementation of policies and procedures concerning the security of network data is unsurpassed. He has conducted successful CEH and Microsoft training classes for many government agencies including the United States Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, as well as Fortune enterprises such as Merrill Lynch and ADP.
- Subject Matter Expert working in the network administration field since 1996.
- Holds 21 Microsoft Certifications.
- Consistently scores 9 out of 9 on student evaluations.
Ruzbeh Kheirabi has worked in network administration since 1996 and has extensive experience consulting, installing and customizing products required to provide robust networking for a diverse customer base. In addition, Ruzbeh got his first Microsoft certification in 2003 and since then he has added 20 more certifications.
As a NetCom Learning instructor, Ruzbeh has conducted training in CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications, as well as courses for Microsoft certifications (MCDST, MCSA, and MCSE) using Microsoft Official Curriculum. He masters 9 out of 9 on evaluation scores consistently and holds an all-time average score of 8.7.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
William "Glen" C.
- Highly experienced IT professional, working in the IT industry since 1989.
- CompTIA and Microsoft Windows Subject Matter Expert, holding several certifications from both vendors.
- Incomparable technical skills in Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008.
Glen is an experienced IT professional, working in the IT industry since 1989. His experience began over 20 years ago, when he used to install and maintain automated systems at Time Management Systems. At the same time Glen would build computers for friends and train them as well, and that is how he developed a passion for teaching.
Glen also holds several CompTIA and Microsoft certifications. As a Subject Matter Expert, he has a lot of experience developing hands-on Server 2008 training labs and curriculums, while also giving numerous lectures on CompTIA A+, Network +, and Security +, as well as Windows 7.
Back to Top