Implementing Cisco Multicast v3.0 - ICM
In this course, you will learn how infrastructures are multicast enabled to support the efficiency of multicast business applications and services. Learn to identify Cisco products and protocols required to implement multicast solutions in both local and wide area networks within your enterprise and beyond. You will implement services at each layer of the network to obtain membership to multicast groups in a working environment.
- » Engineers responsible for designing, implementing, and troubleshooting IP multicast-enabled networks
- » IT personnel who may implement streaming voice/video/data services in an enterprise, including ISPs and those in financial service enterprises, the health care industry, or cable TV companies
- » Those preparing for the CCIE practical exam
Back to Top
- » IP multicast application types
- » Basic model of IP multicast
- » IP multicast addressing
- » Multicast Distribution Trees and protocol types
- » Reporting group membership
- » Multicast MAC-layer addresses and switch forwarding
- » IGMP snooping implementation
- » PIM dense mode configuration and troubleshooting
- » PIM sparse mode configuration and troubleshooting
- » Source specific multicast
- » Bidirectional PIM
- » Configuring redundant rendezvous points using Anycast MSDP, Auto RP, or BSR
- » Combining Anycast RP and Auto-RP
- » Multicast scoping including using administratively scoped zones
- » Multicast security, high availability, and reliability
- » Multicast over NBMA networks
- » Tunneling multicast over unicast networks using GRE
- » DMVPN tunneling with multicast over unicast networks using mGRE and NHRP
- » DMVPN security adding IP Sec to mGRE, NHRP and multicast
- » Multicast with VPNs and MPLS
- » IP Security for MPLS Group Encrypted Transport VPN (GET VPN)
- » Interdomain multicast with MBGP and MSDP configuration
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top