Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions v1.0 - SIMOS (Professional)
Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions (SIMOS) v1.0 is a five-day instructor-led training (vILT) course that is part of the curriculum path leading to the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification. This course is designed to prepare network security engineers with the knowledge and skills they need to protect data traversing a public or shared infrastructure such as the Internet by implementing and maintaining Cisco VPN solutions. Students of this course will gain hands-on experience with configuring and troubleshooting remote access and site-to-site VPN solutions, using Cisco ASA adaptive security appliances and Cisco IOS routers.
Exam Number: 300-209 SIMOS
Associated Certifications: CCNP Security
Duration: 90 minutes (65-75 questions)
Register with: Pearson VUE
Note: E-learning module (Cisco Digital Learning Library) is also available for this course Click here for more details
- » Channel Partner / Reseller
- » Customer
- » Employee
Back to Top
- » Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®) certification
- » Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®) Security certification
- » Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system
Back to Top
- » Describe the various VPN technologies and deployments as well as the cryptographic algorithms and protocols that provide VPN security.
- » Implement and maintain Cisco site-to-site VPN solutions.
- » Implement and maintain Cisco FlexVPN in point-to-point, hub-and-spoke, and spoke-to-spoke IPsec VPNs.
- » Implement and maintain Cisco clientless SSL VPNs.
- » Implement and maintain Cisco AnyConnect SSL and IPsec VPNs.
- » Implement and maintain endpoint security and dynamic access policies (DAP)
Back to Top
- Fundamentals of VPN Technologies and Cryptography
- The Role of VPNs in Network Security
- VPNs and Cryptography
- Deploying Secure Site-to-Site Connectivity Solutions
- Introducing Cisco Secure Site-to-Site Connectivity Solutions
- Deploying Point-to-Point IPsec VPNs on the Cisco ASA
- Deploying Cisco IOS VTI-Based Point-to-Point IPsec VPNs
- Deploying Cisco IOS DMVPNs
- Deploying Cisco IOS Site-to-Site FlexVPN Solutions
- Introducing Cisco IOS Site-to-Site FlexVPN Solutions
- Deploying Point-to-Point IPsec VPNs Using Cisco IOS FlexVPN
- Deploying Hub-and-Spoke IPsec VPNs Using Cisco IOS FlexVPN
- Deploying Spoke-to-Spoke IPsec VPNs Using Cisco IOS FlexVPN
- Deploying Basic Cisco Clientless SSL VPN
- Clientless SSL VPN Overview
- Deploying Basic Cisco Clientless SSL VPN on Cisco ASA
- Deploying Application Access in Cisco ASA Clientless SSL VPN
- Deploying Advanced Authentication and Authorization in Clientless SSL VPN
- Deploying Cisco AnyConnect VPNs
- Deploying Basic Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN on Cisco ASA
- Deploying Advanced Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN on Cisco ASA
- Deploying Advanced Authentication and Authorization in Cisco AnyConnect VPNs
- Deploying Cisco AnyConnect IPsec/IKEv2 VPNs
- Deploying Endpoint Security and Dynamic Access Policies
- Implementing Host Scan
- Implementing DAP for SSL VPNs
- Lab 1: Implement Site-to-Site Secure Connectivity on the Cisco ASA
- Lab 2: Implement Cisco IOS Static VTI Point-to-Point Tunnel
- Lab 3: Implement DMVPN
- Lab 4: Implement Site-to-Site Secure Connectivity Using Cisco IOS FlexVPN
- Lab 5: Implement Hub-to-Spoke Secure Connectivity Using Cisco IOS Flex VPN
- Lab 6: Implement Spoke-to-Spoke Secure Connectivity Using Cisco IOS Flex VPN
- Lab 7: Implement ASA Basic Clientless SSL VPN
- Lab 8: Application Access for ASA Clientless SSL VPN
- Lab 9: Advanced AAA for ASA Clientless SSL VPN
- Lab 10: Implement ASA Basic AnyConnect SSL VPN
- Lab 11: Configure Advanced Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN on Cisco ASA
- Lab 12: Configure Cisco AnyConnect IPsec/IKEv2 VPNs on Cisco ASA
- Lab 13: Configure Host Scan and DAP for AnyConnect SSL VPNs
Back to Top
- » 300-209 SIMOS : Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top