xGSN v12.2 - Cisco ASR 5000 xGSN Administration and Configuration
The ASR 5000 xGSN Administration and Configuration course version 12.2 instructor-led course provides detailed instruction on how to manage, monitor, configure, and administer the Cisco ASR 5000 to function as an Serving GPRS Support Node (SGSN) or Gateway GPRS Support Node (GGSN) in a Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) network environment.
- » Network engineering
- » Network consulting
- » Customer support
- » Field engineering
- » Channel partners, resellers
Back to Top
- » Understanding and using the StarOS command line interface (CLI)
- » Understanding contexts and context selection processes
- » Performing initial system configuration, including administrative users, hardware redundancy, and remote management functions
- » Performing basic configurations for GGSN services
- » Performing basic configurations for 3G and 2G SGSN services
- » Applying software upgrades, session and feature use licenses, and configuration files
- » Configuring bulk statistics and systems/event logging
- » Troubleshooting techniques for both hardware and software
Back to Top
- Module 1: SGSN and GGSN Services Overview
- Module 2: ASR 5000 Hardware Overview
- Module 3: ASR 5000 Software Overview
- Module 4: Initial System Configuration
- Module 5: Understanding the StarOS Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Module 6: Configuring System and Management Parameters
- Module 7: Configuration Terminology
- Module 8: Configuring GGSN Services for IP and PDP Context Processing
- Module 9: Configuring SGSN Service for 3G Operation
- Module 10: Configuring SGSN Service for 2G Operation
- Module 11: ATM Interfaces and Global Title Translation for SGSN Services
- Module 12: SGSN Operator Policies
- Module 13: Configuring the ASR 5000 for Bulk Statistics Collection
- Module 14: Traffic Shaping and Policing
- Module 15: Configuring Threshold Crossing Alarms
- Lab Outline
- Lab 1: Command Line Interface Familiarization
- Lab 2: Configuring GGSN Services
- Lab 3: Configuring 3G SGSN Services
- Lab 4: Configuring Threshold Crossing Alarms
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top