Data Center Programming with PowerShell for Cisco UCS Administrators v1.4 - DCP
PowerShell programming is quickly becoming the data center automation tool of choice. This class will focus on giving skills to UCS administrators that they can use right away administer and automate operations in a UCS production environment.
Students will create a Cisco Nexus UCS development environment using the UCS Platform Emulator. This development platform will include three clusters of UCS Fabric Interconnects, ten 5108 UCS blade chassis, and eighty UCS blade servers.
- » UCS Administrators
- » UCS Integrators
- » Data Center personnel responsible for deploying/maintaining UCS systems
- » Anyone who has taken DCUCI and would like to enhance their UCS skills
- » Cisco SEs
- » Data center designers and administrators
- » Data center engineers and managers and system integrators
Back to Top
- » Achieve expertise in using the Cisco UCS Platform Emulator as a testing and development platform.
- » Ability to pre-stage and deploy large, complex UCS installation in a matter of minutes, rather than days or weeks.
- » Ability to automate critical UCS administrative functions including backups and firmware upgrades
- » Gain an in-depth understanding of PowerShell that can be applied to many different platforms including VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, NetApp
Back to Top
- Module 1: Introduction to PowerShell, Object Oriented Programming and the Cisco UCS Platform Emulator
- Introduction to PowerShell
- Installing PowerShell and Power GUI
- Installing Cisco UCS Platform Emulator
- Using the Cisco UCS Platform Emulator to create a development environment
- Using the help system
- PowerShell interactive shell
- Commands and command pipelines
- Formatting output
- Cisco UCS Management Information Model
- Cisco UCS Managed Objects
- UCS cmdlets
- Module 2: Scripting with PowerShell
- Capturing and reusing output from the Cisco UCS Manager
- Input and Output
- Arrays, Branches, Loops
- Error and exception handling
- Filtering and comparisons
- Module 3: Pools and Policies with PowerShell
- Using the PowerShell switch statement
- Creating and working with pools in PowerShell
- Creating policies
- Creating a Menu User Interface
- Module 4: Service Profile Templates with PowerShell
- Handling script arguments with PowerShell
- Creating UCS service profile templates with PowerShell
- Creating vNic templates with PowerShell
- Creating a boot policy with PowerShell
- Module 5: Service Profile Administration with PowerShell
- Reading and external CSV with PowerShell
- Working with hashes with PowerShell
- Managing and monitoring service profiles with PowerShell
- Module 6: Backup Operations with PowerShell
- Debugging PowerShell scripts
- Performing UCS full-state and configuration backups with PowerShell
- Module 7: UCS Firmware upgrades with PowerShell
- String manipulation with PowerShell
- Performing UCS server firmware upgrades with PowerShell
- Module 8: Advanced Topics in PowerShell
- Creating PowerShell libraries
- Filter options with PowerShell
- Regular Expressions with PowerShell
- Lab Outline
- Lab 1: Setting up your Cisco UCS Platform Emulator and PowerShell environment. Work with the PowerShell help system.
- Lab 2: Using PowerShell to Create VLANs in multiple UCS domains
- Lab 3: Use PowerShell to create a Menu System user interface to create UCS Identity Pools
- Lab 4: Use PowerShell to create policies and service profile templates
- Lab 5: User PowerShell to manage service profiles and monitor service profile association
- Lab 6: Create UCS full state and configuration backup with PowerShell
- Lab 7: Perform server firmware updates with PowerShell
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top