Designing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing v5.0 - DCUCD (Professional)
The Designing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCD) v5.0 course enables engineers to choose and design scalable, reliable, and intelligent data center unified computing and virtualization solutions, based on the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) product portfolio as a centerpiece, integrated with contemporary virtualization solutions (for example, VMware vSphere, VMware View, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, Citrix XenDesktop, Red Hat Kernel-Based Virtual Machine [KVM], and so on), operating systems (for example, Microsoft Windows and Linux), and applications (database, collaboration, and so on).
The course describes the data center unified computing and virtualization solutions based on the Cisco data center unified computing product portfolio, explains how to evaluate existing data center computing solutions and determine the requirements, and design Cisco data center unified computing solutions.
- » Data center designers, data center administrators, and system engineers
- » Data center engineers and managers
Back to Top
- » Evaluate the data center solution design and design process in regards to contemporary data center challenges, data center solution architecture, and components
- » Assess the requirements and performance characteristics of the data center computing solutions
- » Employ design steps to size the Cisco UCS solution for given data center requirements
- » Evaluate and design Cisco UCS solution LAN, SAN, and virtual access layer connectivity
- » Recognize and design Cisco UCS solution server deployment
- » Identify the Cisco UCS solution for Unified Communications and Hadoop distributed computing applications with their specifics, and Cisco UCS options that fit the application needs
Back to Top
- Module 1: Cisco Data Center Solution Architecture and Components
- Lesson 1: Identifying Data Center Solutions
- Lesson 2: Identifying Data Center Applications
- Lesson 3: Identifying Cloud Computing
- Lesson 4: Identifying Cisco Data Center Architecture and Components
- Module 2: Assess Data Center Computing Requirements
- Lesson 1: Defining a Cisco Unified Computing System Solution Design
- Lesson 2: Analyzing Computing Solutions Characteristics
- Lesson 3: Employing Data Center Analysis Tools
- Module 3: Size Cisco Unified Computing Solutions
- Lesson 1: Sizing the Cisco UCS C-Series Server Solution
- Lesson 2: Sizing the Cisco UCS B-Series Server Solution
- Lesson 3: Planning Unified Computing Deployment
- Module 4: Design Cisco Unified Computing Solutions
- Lesson 1: Designing the Unified Computing Network
- Lesson 2: Designing Unified Computing Storage
- Module 5: Design Cisco Unified Computing Solutions Server Deployment
- Lesson 1: Designing Cisco UCS Server Deployment
- Lesson 2: Designing Unified Computing Management
- Module 6: Cisco Unified Computing Solution Applications
- Lesson 1: Designing Cisco Unified Communications on Cisco UCS
- Lesson 2: Designing Distributed Computing on Cisco UCS
- Lab Outline
- Lab 2-1: Analyze the Existing Computing Solution
- Lab 3-1: Size the Cisco UCS C-Series Solution
- Lab 3-2: Size the Cisco UCS B-Series Solution
- Lab 3-3: Plan the Physical Deployment
- Lab 4-1: Design Microsoft Hyper-V R2 Deployment on Cisco UCS
- Lab 4-2: Design VMware vSphere Deployment and Integration with Cisco UCS
- Lab 5-1: Design VMware vSphere Deployment on Cisco UCS and Cisco Nexus 1000V
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
I would recommend NetCom Learning because the training is first class. The material is explained thoroughly with real world scenarios as well. The instructors are currently in the field so they are speaking from current experience.
- Jay C.
» Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing v5.0 - DCUCI (Professional)
More testimonials »
Back to Top