EC-Council Certified Disaster Recovery and Virtualization Technology Professional
The Disaster Recovery and Virtualization series is comprised of two books that are designed to fortify IT disaster recovery training preparation and virtualization technology knowledge of information security students, system administrators, systems engineers, enterprise system architects, and any IT professional who is concerned about the integrity of their network infrastructure. Topics include disaster recovery planning, risk control policies and countermeasures, disaster recovery tools and services, and virtualization principles.
This course defines how will have a better understanding of how to set up it disaster recovery training plans using traditional and virtual technologies to ensure business continuity in the event of a disaster.
- » This course will significantly benefit Network administrators, Firewall Administrators, Security Testers, System Administrators and Risk Assessment professionals.
Back to Top
- » Introduction to Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- » Laws and Acts
- » Disaster Recovery Planning and Implementation
- » Business Continuity Management
- » Managing, Assessing, and Evaluating Risks
- » Risk Control Policies and Countermeasures
- » Data Storage Technologies
- » Disaster Recovery Services and Tools
- » Certification and Accreditation of Information Systems
Back to Top
- Introduction Disaster Recovery Business Continuity
- This module gives a brief introduction to the concepts, such as, disaster recovery, levels of data recovery, disaster recovery process, and business continuity. It also focuses on the concept of Business Continuity planning that helps to provide security and resilience to the organization. It mainly focuses on the topics, such as, how to be prepared before a disaster occurs and how to avoid disasters.
- Laws and Acts
- This module familiarizes with some of the laws and acts pertaining to disaster recovery such as, Applicable Acts in Disaster Recovery, Acts of U.S: Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, HIPAA, Flood Disaster Protection Act of 1973, Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act and CAN SPAM Act 2003, etc.
- Disaster Recovery Planning and Implementation
- These modules describe the various steps for planning a disaster recovery process, mainly concentrating on the topics, such as, identifying and estimating the risks, defining a recovery strategy, and performing risk assessments and audits. Disaster recovery planning in a virtualized environment topic is also discussed in this module. It also familiarizes with ten tips for successful IT disaster recovery planning.
- Business Continuity Management
- This module mainly focuses on the elements of business continuity management and how to develop business continuity strategies. It also highlights the topics, such as, crisis communication plan, emergency response plan, and business continuity plan development, implementing and maintaining the plan.
- Managing, Assessing, and Evaluating Risks
- This module describes about the threats that may result in disclosure of the asset, modification of the asset, destruction or loss of the asset, the hardware it resides upon or the software that interacts with it, and interruption of the access to the asset. This module also covers the topics, such as, risk assessment methodology, threat analysis, vulnerability analysis, and vulnerability assessment methodologies
- Risk Control Policies and Countermeasures
- This module helps the students in understanding the security policies and procedures implemented during risk analysis/assessment process. It mainly focuses on the topics, such as, general control policies, information security policy, and system acquisitions policies and procedures.
- Data Storage Technologies
- This module talks about various data storage technologies. It discusses the topics, such as, DAS, NAS or SAN, NAS disk-as-disk targets, backup of NAS servers and scalable NAS
- Disaster Recovery Services and Tools
- This module familiarizes with the topics, such as, disaster recovery services and their needs, types of disaster recovery services, data loss prevention, etc. It explains the terminology of implementing offsite backup with the understanding of identifying backup requirements and its importance. It focuses on the topics such as, advantages of offsite data backup, tips for keeping data safe, and developing an effective data backup strategy. It highlights the list of disaster recovery service provi
- Certification and Accreditation of Information Systems
- This module discusses about the certification process that supports the risk management process in the information system security program.
Back to Top
- » Certified Disaster Recovery and Virtualization Tec : Certified Disaster Recovery and Virtualization Technology professional certification
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Vastly experienced working within multinational environments and capable of connecting to different audiences
- In-depth expertise in the implementation, troubleshooting and documentation of networks and security systems, with strong "hands on" technical knowledge of CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
- Master of Science in Electronics Engineering, and holder of several technical certifications.
- Highly-skilled in diverse fields ranging from Security, Computer Forensics, Networking, Routing Protocols, Programming, Databases and Applications to name a few.
With over 25 years of technical experience, Emilio brings a dynamic set of skills supported by a Masters Degree in Electronics Engineering and on-the-field experience working in multinational environments. He also holds more than 12 Cisco, CompTIA, and Microsoft certifications. Although he is well versed and thorough in multiple technological fields, his technical forte lies in the security domain, specifically CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
Emilio's skills have evolved over time, studying closely and constantly staying well informed of the growing cyber threats. These are just some of the few reasons why Emilio brings to his classes more than just what's in the books.
- More than 14 years of experience as a Security Subject Matter Expert as well as black belt in a variety of martial arts.
- Numerous Challenge Coins from the US Government including the US Army, and the Criminal Investigation Command.
- Much acclaimed instructor at NetCom Learning, with evaluation scores of 8.8 out of 9.
Larry is a unique instructor and IT security expert. If you sit in one of his classes you might get the feeling of being in a martial arts class - That's exactly how Larry wants it! "The principles behind IT security are the same as those in a variety of martial arts," Larry says. In addition to teaching IT security for over 14 years, he has practiced martial arts since he was 13 years old and holds black belts in multiple disciplines including Tai Chi, Kung Fu, and Kick Boxing. "All of these techniques are like tools for different types of attacks," Larry explains.
Larry's excellence in certification training and passion for IT security has earned him numerous Challenge Coins from the US Government including the US Army, and the Criminal Investigation Command. He is also a much acclaimed instructor at NetCom Learning, with evaluation scores of 8.8 out of 9.
- Over 20 years experience in the IT industry.
- CEH and Microsoft training for many government agencies, including the United States Department of Homeland Security, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- CEH and Microsoft training for Fortune corporations such as Merrill Lynch and ADP.
Richard is a premier Microsoft Certified Trainer and Certified EC-Council Instructor. He has over 20 years of experience as a network administrator, security consultant, vulnerability assessor, and penetration tester for assorted Fortune companies.
Richard??s knowledge on the development and implementation of policies and procedures concerning the security of network data is unsurpassed. He has conducted successful CEH and Microsoft training classes for many government agencies including the United States Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, as well as Fortune enterprises such as Merrill Lynch and ADP.
Back to Top