Cisco Nexus 9000 Design and Configuration (DCINX9K)
In this course, you will learn about the next-generation Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches, which are highly programmable and high density. In fact, 1/10/40G Ethernet switches offer the highest performance and extensibility to 100GE switching and lowest cost-per-port. They offer extremely high flexibility and programmability for next-generation automation and orchestration. Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches build on existing NX-OS technology to bring two new data center network deployment options to customers.
A RESTful API, Python scripting, Linux BASH access, and direct ASIC-level access for traffic flow monitoring
Support for open-systems automation and orchestration DevOps platforms, including Puppet, Chef, and Cisco's own onePK
Support for software-defined networking (SDN) and emerging overlay network technologies, including VXLAN, OpenFlow, and the OpenDaylight Controller
You will learn about the first deployment option, known as Standalone Mode. This mode offers significant extensions to NX-OS in the area of programmability, including:
- » System engineers, network engineers, architects, and data center architects who design, implement, and manage data center networks using the Cisco Nexus 9000
Back to Top
- » You will learn about the next-generation Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches, which are highly programmable and high density.
- » You will learn about the first deployment option, known as Standalone Mode. This mode offers significant extensions to NX-OS in the area of programmability
Back to Top
- How the Nexus 9000 platform addresses current trends in data center architecture and management
- Nexus 9000 platform components
- Nexus 9000 hardware architecture, including line card architecture and packet forwarding
- The new NX-OS features available on the Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Operation and configuration details of VXLAN
- Programmability, automation, and monitoring options available on the Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Design possibilities with the Nexus 9000 Series Switches
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top