IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced: Author Self-Service Reports (V10.2)
IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced: Author Self-Service Reports (V10.2) is a two-day training course. This course will develop the skills the participants will need to use IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced to create effective reports with relational and dimensional data. Through interactive demos and workshops, this course will present topics related to creating reports with IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced for the business author.
- » This intermediate course is intended for Business Authors.
Back to Top
- Overview of IBM Cognos BI
- describe IBM Cognos BI and FPM
- describe IBM Cognos BI components
- describe IBM Cognos architecture at a high level
- define IBM Cognos groups and roles
- explain how to extend IBM Cognos BI
- Examine IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced
- identify the user interface components of IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced
- launch IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced through different methods
- determine browser options
- Create a Report using Relational Data
- explain Relational Data
- explain object types
- define report layouts
- add data query items
- Use calculations
- Create a Report using Dimensional Data
- explain Dimensional Data
- explore drill down and drill up with hierarchies
- identify sets
- define Financial reports
- Group and Sort Your Data
- define sorting (relational and dimensional)
- explain aggregated data
- explore grouping data
- explore dividing data into sections
- Filter Your Data
- understand suppression options
- explore filtering data (relational and dimensional)
- explore filtering aggregated data
- Highlight Report Data
- explain query item properties
- use formatting to improve the visual effectiveness of reports
- use conditional styles to highlight query items on a report
- Integrate External Data
- examine the use of external data in reports
- map query subject from an enterprise report to external data
- Analyze Data Using Charts and Graphs
- review multiple data analysis processes
- implement a report for each process
- Extend IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced Reports with Report Studio
- identify IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced reports that can benefit from Report Studio capabilities
- create a report in Report Studio and open it in IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced
- create a report in IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced and extend it in Report Studio
- Report Development Processes to Design Effective Reports
- discuss phases of report development for business authors
- discuss elements of effective reports
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Our instructors are passionate at teaching and are experts in their respective fields. Our average NetCom instructor has many, many years of real-world experience and impart their priceless, valuable knowledge to our students every single day.
See our world-class instructors.
Back to Top