IBM Cognos Cube Designer: Design Dynamic Cubes (V10.2)
IBM Cognos Cube Designer: Design Dynamic Cubes (V10.2) is a two-day, instructor-led course that is designed to provide participants with introductory to advanced knowledge of how to model metadata for predictable reporting and analysis results using IBM Cognos Cube Designer. Participants will learn the full scope of the metadata modeling process, from initial project creation, to publishing dynamic cubes and enabling end users to easily author reports and analyze data.
- » This intermediate course is intended for Data Modelers and Administrators who design dynamic cubes that are used to develop applications in the IBM Cognos environment.
Back to Top
- Overview of IBM Cognos BI
- Describe the IBM Cognos Family
- Identify the positioning of each component and studio in IBM Cognos BI
- Examine the high level IBM Cognos BI architecture
- Describe Cognos BI groups and roles
- Introduction to IBM Cognos Dynamic Cubes
- Overview of Dynamic Cubes
- Identify the challenges of large data volumes that are resolved by dynamic cubes
- Examine dynamic cube characteristics and requirements
- Explore the related components, tools, and high-level architecture
- Describe the dynamic cube lifecycle, from business requirements to application
- Examine how dynamic cubes use caching
- Create and Design a Dynamic Cube
- Explore the IBM Cognos Cube Designer interface
- Review the automatic and manual processes to create a cube
- Extend the metadata in an existing cube
- Deploy and Configure a Dynamic Cube
- Deploy and publish a dynamic cube
- Configuration and management of a published cube
- Examine query service administrative tasks
- Explore dynamic cube properties
- Configure a dynamic cube to trigger a report
- Advanced Dynamic Cube Modeling
- Identify advanced modeling techniques and caveats
- Examine calculated members and measures
- Model a relative time dimension
- Explore multi-lingual support
- Define parent-child dimensions in dynamic cubes
- Optimize Performance with Aggregates
- Examine aggregation in dynamic cubes
- Identify types of aggregates (database and in-memory)
- Allocate memory for cache and aggregates
- Explore the aggregate workflow
- Explore Aggregate Advisor
- Use an aggregate slicer to properly route data
- Define Security
- Overview of dynamic cube security
- Identify existing roles and capability requirements
- Use security filters to define hierarchy security views
- Assign users and groups to security views
- Model a Virtual Cube
- Examine the benefits, requirements, and build process of virtual cubes
- Explore virtual cube objects: dimensions and hierarchies
- Examine virtual levels in merged hierarchies
- Apply security to virtual cubes
- Publish a virtual cube
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Our instructors are passionate at teaching and are experts in their respective fields. Our average NetCom instructor has many, many years of real-world experience and impart their priceless, valuable knowledge to our students every single day.
See our world-class instructors.
Back to Top