IBM Cognos Report Studio: Author Professional Reports Advanced (V10.2)
IBM Cognos Report Studio: Author Professional Reports Advanced (V10.2) is a two-day course. Building on topics learned in the Fundamentals course, the Advanced course is designed for professional report authors to learn advanced report building techniques using mostly relational data models, and ways of enhancing, customizing, and managing professional reports. Attendees will participate in interactive demos and workshops that illustrate key concepts while learning how to use the product.
- » This advanced course is intended for Professional Report Authors.
Back to Top
- Create Query Models
- Build query models and then connect them to the report layout
- Edit an SQL statement to author custom queries
- Add filters and prompts to a report using the query model
- Create Query Reports Based on Relationships
- Create reports by merging query results
- Create reports by joining queries
- Combine data containers based on relationships from different queries
- Create Advanced Dynamic Reports
- Filter reports on session parameter values
- Navigate a briefing book using a table of contents
- Create dynamic headers and title that reflect report data
- Let users navigate to specific locations in reports
- Create a customer invoice report
- Design Effective Prompts
- Control report displays using prompts
- Specify conditional formatting values using prompts
- Specify conditional rendering of objects based on prompt selection
- Create sorted and filtered reports based on prompt selection
- Create Additional Advanced Reports
- Create a report that displays summarized data before detailed data
- Highlight alternate rows in a list report
- Create a report using an external data file
- Use single data items to summarize report information
- Examine the Report Specification
- Examine the report specification structure
- Modify a report specification
- Add custom toolbox objects and custom template options
- Distribute Reports Through Bursting
- Distribute reports using bursting
- Create burst keys
- Identify report recipients and data items using burst tables
- Distribute reports using email and IBM Cognos Connection
- Enhance User Interaction with HTML
- Create tooltips that clarify report data
- Send emails using links in a report
- Analyze Data Using Statistical Reports
- Discuss statistical report types
- Examine descriptive statistics
- Explore statistical charts
- End-to-End Workshop (Optional)
- Various managers have requested that you create reports to answer business questions pertaining to their areas of interest
- Explore the Prompt API (Optional)
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Our instructors are passionate at teaching and are experts in their respective fields. Our average NetCom instructor has many, many years of real-world experience and impart their priceless, valuable knowledge to our students every single day.
See our world-class instructors.
Back to Top